Geocachers "en Masse"....

We attended Write and Mane's Get-Together in Cardiff on Wednesday evening and it was the first time we've been in a group of geocachers. The crowd was very well-behaved and happily intermingled, with cachers taking turns on the exposed outer edges of the group and gradually exchanging places with those enjoying the warm inner glow experienced towards the centre. Some individuals were seen to share morsels of food with their companions, some shuffled their feet while manoeuvring bags and information sheets, while others shared intimacies within their breeding pairs (for example, when a female was asked to produce monetary tokens from her pouch to obtain liquid refreshment for her male). It made me think...

We need a collective noun for large groups of geocachers:

A cete of badgers.......a cito of cachers? <_<

A murmuration of starlings.......a numeration of cachers? :P

Suggestions please! :lol:

(Especially creative words will be accepted :ph34r: )

Mrs B

Edited by The Blorenges
er, isn't a 'bolus' the lump of chewed up food in your mouth before you swallow it?  Yuk!!

Any soft, round lump. It doesn't have to be food. B)

A Perplexity of cachers?

A Cluster of cachers?

A Multiple of cachers?

A Congregation of cachers?

More on demand :anibad:

SP

just to be pedantic (sorry, not usually!) it doesn't even have to be soft, round, or a lump (in the physical sense). A loading dose of a medication, often given by iv drip, can also be called a bolus.

I know nobody cares, but I fel like typing something!! B)

I like a coordination of cachers!

Bullied into this by Mrs Bee

Coalescence of Geocachers

Pundit of Geocachers

Pachyderm of Geocachers

Why do we need a noun for a group of Geocachers, we personally haven't met one other single geocacher yet since we've been geocaching. Perhaps I should change my aftershave................. :)

A quest of cachers.

A lostness of cachers.

A puzzlement of cachers.

A drunkenness of cachers.

A mystery of cachers.

An atavism of cachers.

A dross of cachers.

A repulsion of cachers.

A revulsion of cachers.

An intelligence of cachers.

A misbehaviour of cachers.

A misery of cachers.

An alliance of cachers.

A merriment of cachers.

An encroachment of cachers.

An endeavour of cachers.

An amelioration of cachers.

A giggle of cachers.

I'm sick of this game. I will now shut up.

Bullied into this by Mrs Bee

Coalescence of Geocachers, Pundit of Geocachers,Pachyderm of Geocachers

Why do we need a noun for a group of Geocachers, we personally haven't met one other single geocacher yet since we've been geocaching. Perhaps I should change my aftershave................. :)

;):):)

Nah.... You just don't live in the right area, Gralorn! :)THE place to be.....

I notice that it states Mr B (Caveman) had to drag Mrs B to the function, someone regrettably was taken ill and another had a family crisis. I'll be the typical Pisces and stay out of the limelight.

Seriously:

It did sound most friendly though, and by all accounts and looking at the photo you all enjoyed it. What were you collecting on your pad Recipes or Clues?

It did sound most friendly though, and by all accounts and looking at the photo you all enjoyed it. What were you collecting on your pad Recipes or Clues?

Our hosts, Write and Mane, had prepared some (short!) forms for us to fill in so they could have details of who was there, what everyone thought about the "proposed future event" and what help individuals might be able to offer. There was a lot of interest and a lot of general geocaching chat and I don't think anyone failed to find the location from the coordinates we had been given! :) . Mrs B