Top Five Sought After Geocoins.

legna and sOulbAit

I've been looking through here and I'm surprised I didn't see the MOGA 2009 coins listed anywhere. I thankfully got my wish and recently completed my set:

MOGA Geocoin Set

Right now, some of the ones on my wish list:

1.2005 Groundspeak Lackey's coin

2.Spinning Delorme Earth coin

3.Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 42/Don't Panic coin (the one shaped like a 42, not the circular one)

4.Brahean Geocoin

5.Nostradamus Geocoin (April 2009 geocoin club coin)

Of course, 5 spots isn't enough to list everything I'd really want to get.

Okay, I have to update my list. Shift everything down and make my most desired as:

2009 MOGA geocoin - Satin Silver finish with Gold Handle. It's the only one of the MOGA set I don't have and it's hardest to get (I'm told only 30 were made). Oh, and if someone has one of these and is debating a trade, I have an unactivated 2008 Nebraskache Geocoin - Members Only Edition I'd be willing to trade for the MOGA coin so that you get something in return.

Edited by TripCyclone

Have been doing a little more trading.........everyone has been soooo nice. Traded for a incredible Four Muskateer XLE (purple), which was one of my top 5. So here's and updated list, no particular order:

Cornwall

Wales

Tengwar; orange on gold

Elementaljay

BelKen

I need to update here as well: 4 down, 1 to go! Thank you again to all of the traders...still hoping one more will come out of the woodwork with a Crake coin!

UPDATE:

1. Taiwan Blue Magpie (Received through a trade!)

2. Belted Kingfisher (Received through a trade!)

3. Night Hunter 2008 (Gifted to me - thank you!)

4. Crake

5. Earth Turtle, from the first year they were made

Okay, I have to update my list. Shift everything down and make my most desired as:

2009 MOGA geocoin - Satin Silver finish with Gold Handle. It's the only one of the MOGA set I don't have and it's hardest to get (I'm told only 30 were made). Oh, and if someone has one of these and is debating a trade, I have an unactivated 2008 Nebraskache Geocoin - Members Only Edition I'd be willing to trade for the MOGA coin so that you get something in return.

There is one on eBay.. Shameless plug. Here is a complete set for everyone's enjoyment...

complete%20set%20coins.jpg

Mike

Here is my list. Granted I am just getting started in this collecting addiction so I don't have any coins to trade yet, but... when budget allows I will try to pick some up for trading. It has been easier to buy directly from the coin vendor or from ebay so far, but I hate getting into bidding wars. I have bid on the brahean several times but have lost out every time

1. Any edition of the BRAHEAN geocoin

2. Unity Dragon (2008)

3. Scavok's Celtic Tree of Life

4. Time and Space Geocoin

5. ????

Update. I have tracked down/traded or been gifted (Thank You SAVOY) each of the above with the exception of the Time and Space Geocoin.. and for 5 i would add the 2007 Compass rose....

So any one have a time and space to trade for....?

Hi,

Here's my new TOP 5 most wanted list :

Tranquility - Antique Bronze (not Antique Gold) (Last one to complete my set of 38 coins)

Compass Rose 2008 - YemonYime Version

5th anniversary Compass Rose Geocoin - YemonYime Version

TIKI Lord Pomsby

Mojo's Hoard Silver

Have a good day !!

1. Las Vegas - for my daughter Thanks to Lenny!

2. Yorkshire Rose Again, thanks to Lenny. :D

3. Lancashire Rose

4. Lippische Rose

5. Chincoteague Pony

6. Naughty Lump of Coal

7. Eartha

8. My own personal coin (First draft has come back to me. Woot woot!)

Many many thanks to SunsetMeadowlark for the Chincoteague pony and pathtag. My daughter is thrilled :D and I am very happy. I owe you a coin!.... and will mail one out Friday. Coiners and cachers are some of the best people around!

I will have to update my list to say the only coin I'm lacking is my own personal. I picked up an Eartha Friday from Broken Arm Tree cache in Kenilworth, Utah! Pictures coming soon!

I got six have a hard time with number 1

1 London Phone Booth I have been there-Gift

1 Cache to Eagle My two sons are Eagle Scouts

2 Original Las Vegas A another place I been to got from a trade

3 Titanic Night version-from TrickorTreat

5 Brahean

6 Anthus Laptop

Thanks to TrickorTreat I go the Titanic Night version

Today in the mail I received a surpise package from we think Swezerland with a postcard, choclate, two coins one was the London Phone Booth coin and a little man coin. On the postcard it said pay-it-forward and saw that i wanted the London Phone booth. I will like to thank her/him from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful stuff.

are you looking for the las vegas coin that looks like the sign?

i know where you can get one......

Yes I'm am Please let me know where. Thanks.

1 ~ 2008 Evil Micro X2

2 ~ Earn Your Stripes GCC February 2009

3 ~ Gold (Autumn) Scheme Mother Nature Watches Us CITO

4 ~ Nostrodamus GCC April 2009

5 ~ Double Dragon Antique Silver

:anitongue: YAY!! Thanks to a very generous desert cacher... this one is on it's way! :lol:

He was kind enough to accept a trade for this one, despite our sad trading collection. LOL

MANY, many thanks, Shane! May the good karmic waves flow back to you, & bring you the Dark Yime you want, too! :laughing:

Just in time, too! LOL I was contacted for it following a :laughing: n00b ammo can injury that took a hunk of my middle finger out while working on our first hides! :laughing:

Now that I've spent a lot of time looking at cointracking.com I can actually post a real list. Although I seem to keep finding more gorgeous coins. This stuff is ADDICTIVE!! And then there's the coins I want to make... :laughing:

1. Any edition of the brahean coin - I love spinners, I love symbols, I love this coin!!

2. Four Musketeers - Imperial Purple/AS - I seem to be drawn to metal coins with one area of translucent enamel. This is no exception!

3. Monterey Bay KC8HNZ 2006 Any metal - I live in Santa Cruz which is on the coin, it's got a sea otter, and it's ADORABLE.

4. Butterfly kisses AE (two tone) - I love the suncatcher coins. :laughing: And the two tone version of this is incredible. - Thank you so much sunsetmeadowlark! It's such a pretty coin. :lol:

5. da vinci set - Templar geocoin especially, AG. more symbols, more puzzles, yes!

I think I need to start buying two of each coin I want so I actually have some coins to trade!

I realized I never updated this! Thanks again sunsetmeadowlark. :anitongue:

I have one new one to add...The Moab Kokopelli (BN)!

My best friend really wants this one, and her birthday is coming up. As soon as I get my coins from Germany (so I have some traders) I'll be hunting this one down! Maybe two, as I absolutely love this coin as well. :laughing:

My Top 5 most wanted:

1. Earth Turtle, Naughty Lump of Coal

2. Rain Forest Jewel V1, Black Nickel

3. Enigma Geocoin - Antique Bronze/Chrome

4. Dutch Lion

5. The Wishing Coin

My new Top 5 most wanted:

1. Dutch Lion

2. Earth Turtle Naughty Lump of Coal

3. Geocachers Luck & Protection

4. Bitten by Whitebear Antique Copper Glow

5. Quebec 2008 Antique Copper

1. Mount10Bike

2. Dutch Lion mystery coin

3. Coins 3 and 4 in the Delft series

4. Any of the above

5. All of the above

Dream big or go home :P

While I too hold out hope for the third and fourth coins in the Delft series, I gather that the cachers involved in their creation haven't been heard from on the Dutch forums in many months. The last contact I had with them was around this time last year, and they were still making plans for #3. Followup emails were never answered.

Keep your fingers crossed!

I received this email from ZAteam last night:

Hi Chuck,

The next coin is in the making, the design is almost finalized. However, the artist/craftsman making the coins is quite busy at the moment, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that he gets time to make the coins soon.

Cheers,
Johan

Sounds like Delft Blau #3 will be here soon!!!

Hi,

Here's my new TOP 5 most wanted list :

Tranquility - Antique Bronze (not Antique Gold) (Last one to complete my set of 38 coins)

Compass Rose 2008 - YemonYime Version

5th anniversary Compass Rose Geocoin - YemonYime Version - Incoming !!!!!!!

TIKI Lord Pomsby

Mojo's Hoard Silver

Have a good day !!

Finally traded for a 5th Anniversary Compass Rose - YemonYime Version. :)

Thanks so much for this trade !!! :P

So the new list is :

Tranquility - Antique Bronze (not Antique Gold) (Last one to complete my set of 38 coins) (less than 15 minted - not sure)

Compass Rose 2008 - YemonYime Version (21 minted)

TIKI Lord Pomsby (200 made)

Mojo's Hoard Silver (10 made)

Kitkatt1960

Edited by SecretChief

Hmmm... I don't collect coins as much as I did, but there are still a few I'd love to get.

1) Groundspeak Mystery Square

2) Groundspeak Mystery Round

3) Moun10bike (any version)

4) Lemon Fresh Dog LE gold (the original numbered version)

5) kitkatt1960

My main focus on collecting for quite a while was to get all of the Canadian geocoins coming out, and #1, #2, and #4 are about the only early ones I still don't have. #5 is one of the few later ones I never got at least 1 version of, until I decided around the end of 2007 there were too many coming to keep up.

I've held off on this one until I was pretty sure what 5 I sought, so here goes;

1 & 2 - 4 Musketeers red in silver & green in copper (or any other but I'd settle to complete a set)

3,4,5, Walpurgis 2009, 07 & 06 (long story on what I might or might not have seen one early Apr/May in NY state)

and if I may #6 - Wyken Witch (I know there is a non trackable but is there a trackable? and do I care this coin just intrigues me)

;)

Edited by kini_ont

ChunkyNL Fryslân Koe (any) Got one!

Psychochicken XLE black nickel (egg)

Saffier & Stekelsteef (any) Got a Koin and A Diving Helmet!

Twin Peaks XLE black nickel

Gele Bussie

And now that those impossible coins seem possible again...

Dutch 2006 XLE antique copper

It has been some time since I looked at this thread

The new list looks like this:

Psychochicken XLE black nickel (egg)

Twin Peaks XLE black nickel

Gele Bussie (any)

VGC 2006 MVS Team Pooh (any)

Dutch Halloween-event 2008

and, of course, the the nigh-impossible-to-get

Dutch 2006 XLE antique copper

Dutch 2008 LE antique gold

and whatever XLE of the 2009 coin was made

humm, it has been a long time from posting in here.... heres my cant ever find /dream list.

.925 silver tengwars- satin, or,and shiny

24k gold tengwars- satin or,and shiny

black nickel with silver LE tengwar-

the 5 above are what im missing for a complete tengwar set :)

5th anav.compass yemon yime version-

2008 compass black nickle with nickle LE

2008 compass yemon yime version,,,,,all very hard to get,, ive even asked yime himself for a trade, on the 5th compasses ;)

someday....someday.. ;)

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

I've held off on this one until I was pretty sure what 5 I sought, so here goes;

1 & 2 - 4 Musketeers red in silver & green in copper (or any other but I'd settle to complete a set)

3,4,5, Walpurgis 2009, 07 & 06 (long story on what I might or might not have seen one early Apr/May in NY state)

and if I may #6 - Wyken Witch (I know there is a non trackable but is there a trackable? and do I care this coin just intrigues me)

:)

Wow just re-read this list and coins 1,2,3,4,5 & 6 can be stuck off Thanks to many of you :shocked: