Top Five Sought After Geocoins.

legna and sOulbAit

being new, i want tons of coins, but i'll try to keep it to 5...

in no particular order

compass rose 2006

american cacher bill

beach cachtoids

heart pendant

earth turtle

i haven't seen a fraction of what is out there, so i am sure i will be added and changing the list all the time as this obsession grows. :ph34r:

ok i have done this coin thing for a little while now so my list has changed

compass rose 2006

first year earth turtle

tranquility blue is my world

centris

tranquility dark

i also recently acquired one of my hearts desires.

a flower of life in gold. it was at the very top of my list. i am so excited about it.

i have also gotten an earth turtle, an american caching, and beach cachtoid since making the original list.

Wow a Flower of Life. I just saw one (pic only) for the first time a week or so ago. It's beautiful. Congrats UFgatorgirl!

In no particular order:

Any of the micro flowers. I have the Hawaii, and a Kansas Sunshine (2006 I think). These little flowers always bring a smile to my face when I find them in a cache.

Delicious Cache fish

Forest Cache frog

Rainforest Jewel (any)

Erik88L-R. He was the reviewer of my Iraq caches.

The Wishing Coin. I remember when people first started finding these, I turned my garden pond into a Wishing pond, but couldn't entice The Wishing Coin to visit. Like Linus' pumpkin patch, it must not have been sincere enough! :mellow:

e4edbe8a-db8f-4f34-8a5d-2247b33ab3ae.jpg

In no particular order:

Any of the micro flowers. I have the Hawaii, and a Kansas Sunshine (2006 I think). These little flowers always bring a smile to my face when I find them in a cache.

Delicious Cache fish

Forest Cache frog

Rainforest Jewel (any)

The Wishing Coin. I remember when people first started finding these, I turned my garden pond into a Wishing pond, but couldn't entice The Wishing Coin to visit. Like Linus' pumpkin patch, it must not have been sincere enough! :mellow:

THAT's Too cute and cool !

I'll second that emotion. Please keep the lists of "top 5" coming! If I might brag a little bit, I am very close to receiving two of my top 5: one through a gift and one through a trade. I would very much like to "pay it forward" whenever possible, so I am monitoring this in hopes of satisfying someone's want!

What are the 2 you're hoping for? Let's see after you receive.......

I'll second that emotion. Please keep the lists of "top 5" coming! If I might brag a little bit, I am very close to receiving two of my top 5: one through a gift and one through a trade. I would very much like to "pay it forward" whenever possible, so I am monitoring this in hopes of satisfying someone's want!

Absolutely! And with pictures, of course.

there is a thread for the wishing coin. it has orange goldfish on it like the wishing coins avatar.

it looks like a neat coin. all mystery coins are neat because of the generous people who give them out.

good luck, nefesh..patience.....a mystery coin will come one day.

There's that word again.................patience :blink:

Send me your address :blink:

The mystery WISHING COINER is really fast! I received a Wishing Coin today.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

My list, in no particular order....more than 5 but less than 10 :blink:

Mystery Troll Doll

Jellyfish

Sanibel Island Lighthouse

HFGcC #4 The Stick Pile

HFGcC #2 Stump

Moose Mob/ Roadrunner- With many Thanks to Dorsetgal & GeoDog this coin will be heading our way soon!

National Park Stamps- Zion

Edited by usyoopers

Birders have "life lists" of birds they want to sight before they die.

I have a "life list" too, of geocoins I want to hold in my hand or add to my collection before I die.

It's a pretty short list.

1) Colonel H. George Cachington Dragon Geocoin

2) Alaska 2006 (Wolf) Gold Leaf

3) Great Outdoors XLE

But it's not an easy list to cross off.

Each of those coins have a tremendous significance, but they are almost impossible to find as it is unless an owner suddenly decides to liquidate... and I have a gut feeling I will miss the sale if it does go on.

Notwithstanding, the rest of the top 5 list would be:

4) Dragon geocoins, currently specifically a Dressel Dragon

5) Astro Winter

My Top 5 most wanted:

1. Earth Turtle, Naughty Lump of Coal

2. Rain Forest Jewel V1, Black Nickel

3. Enigma Geocoin - Antique Bronze/Chrome

4. Dutch Lion

5. The Wishing Coin

Send me your address. :laughing:

My Wishing Coin arrived today, it is awesome. Thank you very very much :laughing: :laughing: :D

I agree there are so many great coins out there, it's hard to narrow down to five.

let's go with:

Earth Turtle 2008

Titanic nighttime

Bronze Yemon Yime

AG Theotokos Crown of Thorns

any of the mystery coins, there are so many great ones!!

I guess that last one puts it over 5

oh and one more, our personal coin :laughing: if we can ever afford to have it minted :laughing:

My list, in no particular order....more than 5 but less than 10 :laughing:

Mystery Troll Doll

Jellyfish

HFGcC #4 The Stick Pile

HFGcC #2 Stump

Moose Mob/ Roadrunner

Since the Sanibel Lighthouse coin is our design I can help you out on that one. Which version are you looking for?

My list, in no particular order....more than 5 but less than 10 :laughing:

Mystery Troll Doll

Jellyfish

HFGcC #4 The Stick Pile

HFGcC #2 Stump

Moose Mob/ Roadrunner

Since the Sanibel Lighthouse coin is our design I can help you out on that one. Which version are you looking for?

I would have to say my most wanted coins right now would be the Tranquility coins to complete my set:

1. Tranquility Portugal gold

2. Tranquility Copper on Nickel

3. Tranquility Nickel on Copper

4. Tranquility Black Nickel and Copper

5. Tranquility Ant. Bronze

6. Astro Solar Eclipse

I know I went to 6, I just couldn't stop myself at 5 :lol:

My most wanted coins to complete my sets.

Evil Micro 2006 Black Nickel Glow

Evil Micro 2007 LE Black Nickel

Evil Micro 2007 XLE Glow

8 Muddy Feet - 20 Muddy Toes Version 1

March of the penguins XLE Black Nickel

That was 5 and if there is other version of Bad Mojo than those 8 i have.

In no particular order:

Delicious Cache fish

Forest Cache frog

Rainforest Jewel (any)

The Wishing Coin. I remember when people first started finding these, I turned my garden pond into a Wishing pond, but couldn't entice The Wishing Coin to visit. Like Linus' pumpkin patch, it must not have been sincere enough! ;)

I'm going to have to update my list now! I just got a mailer from The Wishing Coin! I love it, such a beautiful coin! Thank you Wishing Coin!

5. Thor's Hammer

4. Excalibur

3. Dark Yime

2. Fear no cache

1. Brahean

Its funny. I listed those coins, and never really expected anything to come of it. Just thought it would be a Top 5 Wanted, nothing more. Through trades, missions, & the eplace, I have gotten 4 outta 5 coins. Only coin I have left of the list is that Dark Yime. And it will be there forever. Thanks to all who have helped.

5. Thor's Hammer

4. Excalibur

3. Dark Yime

2. Fear no cache

1. Brahean

Its funny. I listed those coins, and never really expected anything to come of it. Just thought it would be a Top 5 Wanted, nothing more. Through trades, missions, & the eplace, I have gotten 4 outta 5 coins. Only coin I have left of the list is that Dark Yime. And it will be there forever. Thanks to all who have helped.

Congrats on getting the coins you hoped for.......

Here is my list. Granted I am just getting started in this collecting addiction so I don't have any coins to trade yet, but... when budget allows I will try to pick some up for trading. It has been easier to buy directly from the coin vendor or from ebay so far, but I hate getting into bidding wars. I have bid on the brahean several times but have lost out every time

1. Any edition of the BRAHEAN geocoin

2. Unity Dragon (2008)

3. Scavok's Celtic Tree of Life

4. Time and Space Geocoin

5. ????

I've been collecting a couple of months now......so here's an adapted list (not in any order). It'd be exciting to just see any of these in person! ;)

Tengwar (especially peach or turquoise on silver)

Tranquility (especially Blue is My World)

New Zealand Fern/Kiwi

Stonehenge-Ultimate Mystery Cache

GeoBandit

Mine are the older coins...that I figure I don't have a shot at getting, but they are on my list anyway! :rolleyes: In no particular order....

1. Yemon Yime (ver 1)

2. Lemon Fresh Bone (ver 1)

3. The BIG ammo can from the GCC club (one of the early coins)

4. Joe Frog's first

This was my orginal list...of course the first thread said ASIDE FROM THE MYSTERY COINS...so that's why I didn't list those...so still ASIDE from the mystery coins I'd have to add

5. Bad Andy's coin

This one was on Ebay, but it went over $100...and there's no way that I would pay that for a coin...no matter how much I want it! :anicute:

I've been really lucky and gotten some great coins (including some mystery ones). I don't collect every coin anymore, but I love the ones that I have!

I've been collecting a couple of months now......so here's an adapted list (not in any order). It'd be exciting to just see any of these in person! :blink:

Tengwar (especially peach or turquoise on silver)

Tranquility (especially Blue is My World)

New Zealand Fern/Kiwi

Stonehenge-Ultimate Mystery Cache

GeoBandit

if your ever in Colorado,, give me a buzz,, id gladly show you my prize peach tengwar,, i bet i could even ralley up scavok and you could see the only 2 on the planet!! :blink:

Number one on the list is by far my most wanted coin.

I had the opportunity to buy one back when they were first released but didn't realize at the time that I would become an addict:rolleyes:

On the bright side, I know good things come to those who wait..

1. pink glitter morpho butterfly

2. glitter laptop

3. geomuse

4.carousel horse

5.suncatcher peaceful dove

Absolutely! And with pictures, of course.

As promised, I am posting the TWO coins from my "top 5" list that I have been very fortunate to acquire through this thread! The Night Hunter 2008 came with the pathtag as a GIFT from a generous participant in the forums: thank you! The Belted Kingfisher came through a trade: thank you!

The Tatanka Pejula is also a gift from another participant in the forums, but in response to my "open apology" post from a month or so ago. There are some truly fantastic people who visit these forums, and they have all set the example to which I aspire and continue the traditions of good trading and gifting.

Thank you again - you all know who you are!

3478315408_1507f4d854.jpg3477509517_585a51a746.jpg

Congrats on your recent acquisitions Penny & Kona! Your post reminded me to update my own list. I've been very lucky and picked up two more of my most wanted. One in a trade and one from a very generous mission sender! So my new top 5 is:

Tranquility - Any version, I've never even seen one in person!

Micro Musketeer Set (yeah, it's 4 coins but I can't pick a favorite!)

Titanic - Night version

American Mustang - Antique silver/gold horse

Rey del Roble

In no order:

Cornwall 2007

Any Dutch LE ('05 - '08)

Any Moun10Bike (v.1 - v.4)

Sinterklaas Mystery coin

Either Dutch micro LE

I've picked up a few on my list, so I'll have to edit it a bit. I'm also going to drop the Moun10bikes and Sinterklaas mystery coins as virtually unattainable. So here is the new list:

Cornwall 2007

Dutch LE ('05, '07 or '08) Yes! I got myself an '06!!!

Twin Peaks XLE black nickel

Saffier & Stekelsteef (any)

Dutch micro 2006 LE black nickel Yes! I got the LE orange!!!

Typically I just read this thread and see what coins everyone thinks are the tops and I enjoy the diversity of opinion and sometimes when a reason behind the rating is given I really even enjoy the reading these as well.

As usually this is to remember a Friend, Event, or a Special Time that a coin was first seen discovered etc…..

I also like the stories of coins showing up in mail boxes for no reason other than to make someone’s want come true.

I was very fortunate this year to be part of “Support the Geocaching Troops” mission, and let our Troops know we are behind them and that we have not forgotten them. I had so many different and wonderful coins pass through our hands, my kids Fredhead, and Queenie-Boo-Bay, and my own I would not know where to start to make a Top 5 list.

Here is my Top X list and the reasons behind each:

"Lady Luck" Geocoin - Wanna get lucky? Blonde, Brunette, Redhead, Black Hair it does not matter:

The reason I love this coin is my Dad, who passed last year, please see his TB In Memory of "Junie" TB27G7T

He was a fan of Plane Nose Art, and I guess this is where I grew to love those Pinup Girls so……..

STONEHENGE Geocoin, Ultimate Mystery:

I have friends in the UK, and one in particular while there we were to head to see the site, trip was cut short and so was the chance to ever get back to do the trip with my friend again.

Isle of Man Series 1 and 2:

I was able many years ago to head to the Isle of Man TT Race with the friend mentioned above, and see the races, what a time an experience I shall never forget. This is trip is the reason why my Personal Dipping Coin is an Isle of Man II Geocoin

Anthus Decoder V1.0 & Anthus Decoder V1.5:

These ones I like because it is part of the Anthus Series and an Anthus Coin was the first we found when we started Geocaching we did not even know to log it, since then we have been able to get our hands on a Anthus Secret GeoAgent

Delorme Eartha:

What can I say, this is just the representation of our sport, and have you seen this coin……

Yemon Yime:

Citrus Ridiculus, this coin came to me for the “Support the Geocaching Troops” mission, this was the hardest coin to repack and send as this coin just says get one for your collection. Someday I will trade for this one and add it in.

The Wishing Coin:

I never knew about his coin until I read about it here in this thread, but this coin is everything a Mystery Coin-gifter could ever hope to create, it is beautiful, the Coy Fish, the Ying-Tang symbology, and the message it is just great.

Todies Wild Ride:

These just speak volumes for Rockin Roddy

With the new coins hitting now Fear No Cache, River Cacher’s Fire Truck Geocoin. Theotokos Dragon Ladon what will we want for next?

I just want to say thanks for the diversion(s) and it is great to be part of such a community.

The Finding Irish 4

P.S. Sorry for the length of the post

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

In no order:

Cornwall 2007

Any Dutch LE ('05 - '08)

Any Moun10Bike (v.1 - v.4)

Sinterklaas Mystery coin

Either Dutch micro LE

I've picked up a few on my list, so I'll have to edit it a bit. I'm also going to drop the Moun10bikes and Sinterklaas mystery coins as virtually unattainable. So here is the new list:

Cornwall 2007

Dutch LE ('05, '07 or '08) Yes! I got myself an '06!!!

Twin Peaks XLE black nickel

Saffier & Stekelsteef (any)

Dutch micro 2006 LE black nickel Yes! I got the LE orange!!!

You most always believe in sinterklaas otherwise he sure never comes :):D

i believe in him :D:D and i hope he notice :)

My five most wanted:

1. Mickey Diver

2. Indy Diver v.1

3. Moun10bike v.1

4. Waypoint15

5. Mississippi sterling

Actually, ALL should be ranked #1.

What a surprise, opened a letter wondering what it was and there is number 1 on my list! THANK YOU SO MUCH MICKEY!!! You really made my day.

MickeyD.jpg

Fourth page I have never posted. I`ve enjoyed sending out a coin or two to poster though.

I would say mine would have to be (dreaming big time here a0100.gif):

1) Alaska Gold Leaf Moose --- been offering a trade for the Alaska Gold Leaf Wolf

2) Joefrogs Famous Geocoin

3) Eartha

4) SeventhSon 2006 Gear Black Nickel

5) tie Pengy & Tigger or Shop99er's Beer Fairy or OK stopping here

There are so many nice coins available, many of which I do not even know the names for. Some which I can recall, but not in any particular order are:

Belken personal coin

Sydney eternity geocoin

Compass rose geocoins

Suncatcher geocoins

Nude caching geocoin

While the tengwar coins, delf blue and others are also beautiful, the coins I have available to trade are just not in their league :(

I seem to remember seeing a link somewhere to a site which has pictures of most coins available, but now do not know where to find it. I think it also had trading lists for various teams. Can someone point me in the right direction?

There are so many nice coins available, many of which I do not even know the names for. Some which I can recall, but not in any particular order are:

Belken personal coin

Sydney eternity geocoin

Compass rose geocoins

Suncatcher geocoins

Nude caching geocoin

While the tengwar coins, delf blue and others are also beautiful, the coins I have available to trade are just not in their league :o

I seem to remember seeing a link somewhere to a site which has pictures of most coins available, but now do not know where to find it. I think it also had trading lists for various teams. Can someone point me in the right direction?

The two that I know of are

Coin Tracking & Geocoin collection

1. Mariners Astrolabe Geocoin - antique silver

2. Planisphere Geocoin - Northern

3. Nocturnal Geocoin - bronze

4. Arkansas Geocoin

5. Starry Night Geocoin.

I guess that's all I can come up with...unless someone has done a coin based on Raphael's 'St. George Slaying the Dragon.'

Belken personal coin

Sydney eternity geocoin

Compass rose geocoins

Suncatcher geocoins

Nude caching geocoin

While the tengwar coins, delf blue and others are also beautiful, the coins I have available to trade are just not in their league :anibad:

The two that I know of are

Coin Tracking & Geocoin collection

Thanks kini_ont - that is just what I had been looking for. These sites will give me some nice coins to contemplate now that the weather here is getting cooler and I will be less likely to chase caches with coins to be moved along. :)

Fourth page I have never posted. I`ve enjoyed sending out a coin or two to poster though.

I would say mine would have to be (dreaming big time here a0100.gif):

1) Alaska Gold Leaf Moose --- been offering a trade for the Alaska Gold Leaf Wolf

2) Joefrogs Famous Geocoin

3) Eartha

4) SeventhSon 2006 Gear Black Nickel

5) tie Pengy & Tigger or Shop99er's Beer Fairy or OK stopping here

dang, changed it already. :anibad:

4) Shop99er's Beer Fairy

5) tie Pengy & Tigger or Osterhasi or OK stopping here.... for now.