Anyone Back From The Cardiff Meeting Yet?!?

C'mon, put me out of my misery...how did it go?

Was there a good turn out?, Did the elusive Mr Blorenge turn up?...and more importantly...what did you all have to eat? :ph34r:

Seren.

We are back!!

Good turnout and great to put some faces to the names.

Didn't eat so can't comment on that but the drink was good :ph34r:

Mr Blorenge did turn up and he dragged Mrs Blorenge along as well :blink:

Plans are now being made for a full cache meet next year.

Many thanks to Write and Mane for organising the event and for all the great caches they set.

Dave and Niki - The Gecko's

dadgum missed this one

* note to self check forums more often  :ph34r:

It wasn't "advertised" on the Forum because it was just a preliminary meet to discuss the possibility of holding a Geocaching Event sometime next year. If you contact Write and Mane they'll put you on their list of "interested people" - I'm sure details/dates will appear on the Forum once they've been set. <_<

Mrs B

Edited by The Blorenges

My Brother and his wife (Top Cat & Co) were at the meet in Cardiff but I work at Lyneham near Swindon so was unable to Attend.

Unfortunately during the meal at the end my brother suffered a Fit and was rushed to hospital. This morning (Thurs 3rd) he is in Intensive care but is stable.

I've posted this in case there were anyone who saw him and were worried about his condition.

Bruin47.

My Brother and his wife (Top Cat & Co) were at the meet in Cardiff but I work at Lyneham near Swindon so was unable to Attend.

Unfortunately during the meal at the end my brother suffered a Fit and was rushed to hospital. This morning (Thurs 3rd) he is in Intensive care but is stable.

I've posted this in case there were anyone who saw him and were worried about his condition.

Bruin47.

Thank you for that bulletin, Bruin47.

We had a good chat with Shaun and Tracey early in the evening about their caches that we'd done and we are so sorry he was taken ill. We hope that Shaun will make a good recovery very soon.

Lucilla and Chris

Thanks to Write and Mane for a great evening...

I hope that Shaun makes a speedy recovery.

I have got my thinking cap on for an event in Feb of next year somewhere either in Gower or Swansea if anyone will be interested. A photograph of the meet can be found on my photograph pages at the following link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/funkipickle/59425274/

Thanks again

Sarah

:anibad:

Just like to thank Write & Mane for last night, it was nice to finally meet them and other fellow Geocachers.

I would also like to thank those of you who came to help me when Shaun was taken ill last night.

He is currently being treated for Viral Meningitis and we are awaiting the results of one futher test to officially confirm this illness.

He is currently in ICU (UHW) on a ventilator and his condition is stable.

Once again thank you all for your help and kind wishes that I have read this evening.

Tracey

aka Benny - Top Cat & Co

Edited by Top Cat & Co

I'm glad the evening went well, and I'm so sorry I couldn't attend - family crisis, unfortunately!

But BIG THANKS to Write & Mane for the birthday card and the purple gift, and BIG THANKS to The Geckos for my lovely purple gecko - he's beautiful!!! ;):D:D:D

And also a big thank you to funkipickle for bringing them safely back for me.

I am really sorry I couldn't attend, and not at all jealous that you had a good time without me :D

No, seriously - glad it went well, hope to meet you all soon!!!

:);)

So it appears all those who came enjoyed themselves - Mane is sitting here wondering if it would be worth while booking the same venue towards the end of January 2006.

For no other reason than that we enjoyed meeting everybody and it would give those who couldn't come another opportunity to see exactly what Write :) and Mane :) look like.

Tracy (Benny) of Top Cat & Co, thanks for letting us know of Shaun’s condition, we’ve been thinking of you and hope that he is on the mend.

I’d like to thank Write & Mane for organising the first South Wales geocachers meet, it was great to meet you all. I definitely agree we should organize another meet for those who were unable to attend, maybe this could be a preliminary meet to Funkipickles proposed event in February?

P.S. Mrs Z asks, did Mrs Moosbestmate enjoy her birthday? :D

:D:D Just a quick update on Shaun - he has been taken off the ventilator this morning and is slowly coming around. He is talk a little bit and only remembers talking to a tall man - that was Mr Blorenges and not finishing his curry!!!

Will let you all know how he gets on. Many thanks again.

Tracey

aka Benny - Top Cat & Co

I have got my thinking cap on for an event in Feb of next year somewhere either in Gower or Swansea if anyone will be interested. A photograph of the meet can be found on my photograph pages at the following link:

Thanks again

Sarah

:D

Could someone possible provide a roll call on the photo. Its great to put faces to the names.

Thanks again

Sarah

:D

Could someone possible provide a roll call on the photo. Its great to put faces to the names.

:D:D

Think these are the names of people in the Cardiff Picture (Identified as follows)

Left to Right

2 at the very back Chris (The Blorenges) J Leyshon (JLeyshon)

Brian (Dart 17) Simon (The Wildleys) Shelly (Princess) not a cacher just at the pub for a meal behind her Gordon (Write) ???? (???) Tracey (Top Cat & Co) ???? (???) Liz (Mane) Helen (Nemo) Elizabeth (The Wildleys) ??? (Dory) ???? (???) Jon and Gail (Zetetic) Andrew (Moosbestmate) Dave and Niki (The Geckos) ???? ?Beth? (Number14) Keith (Aquaman11)

In front kneeling Colin (GW1VRW) Ken (The Cacheman) kneeling Lucilla (The Blorenges) and Doreen (Aquamann11)

Positive about all named but Beth (Number14) and Moosbestmate's partner was there somewhere

Hope this helps people put names to faces.

;) Mane

Edited by Write and Mane

Hi all,

I can add a few of the missing names..

between Gordon and Tracey is Shaun (Top Cat & co) [glad to here he's getting better]

next to Helen (Nemo) is Jean (Dory)

and I think Moosbestmate's partner is next to Niki in the background

Hope this helps! :ph34r:

Thanks to Write and Mane for organising the event and see you all in the New Year

H

We seem to be joining into this discussion a bit late! Well, we had no idea it existed, and neither of us has much time for reading the forums at the moment...

Still, it was good to meet everybody! We were actually the last to leave in the end, along with AquaMann and... AquaWife? :rolleyes:

We've been keeping Shaun in our thoughts this past week, and we're glad to hear he's starting to make a recovery. We hope his progress continues. And sorry we didn't really get to meet you guys before all this happened: we were eating our dinners at the time (Aubergine Stack for the person who asked -- rather nice, I must say). Which leads us on to...

Another meeting in January. Why not! We'd certainly do our best to be there again. :blink:

Simon & Elizabeth

The Wildleys

(And Lewis the Hedgehog says hi!)