Confused About Trackability

rowanf

I'm working on a personal coin (isn't everyone) and I would like to have it trackable. Is there a FAQ somewhere that I'm missing?

The only info on geocoins I found in the knowledgebase link says that the only trackable coins are USA geocoins and somebody elses. Where are the numbers people talk about buying coming from? People have also talked about having their designs approved. I couldn't find anything about how to submit things for approval either. Help?

The coin I'm working on...

geocachegypsycoin.jpg

You can purchase tracking numbers from geocaching.com They are $1.5 per number with a minimum of 500 numbers for personal coins and 1,000 for organizations. There are some other rules:

1. The coin design has to be approved in advance.

2. Personal coins do not get a custom icon.

3. All Personal coin start with PC then a 3 or 4 digit alphanumeric code.

4. You can share purchased numbers if you need / want less than 500, but all designs must be approved.

You can go to the geocaching FAQ page and send them an e-mail by hitting the "Ask a question" button at the top of the page. Hope this helps.

If you use coins and pins they will do everything for you. There is no MIN. on the numbers and they will work with GC.com to get you numbers and art approved for you.

Richard of the GeoCrickets

Thanks, I've been looking at their site quite a bit. I like being able to get the geocaching symbol on the back with the tracking number. I just wasn't clear on getting it approved. I'll write coins & pins again I guess.

Rowan

Edited by rowanf