Sherwoodforest Walks The Spirit Trail

4leafclover

Eric Sherwood passed away Saturday morning at his parents' home in Warren OH.

The family will receive friends on Friday, Nov 4th at 10:30 AM at the First Presbyterian Church of Warren OH.  The church is located on the square. The church is located at 256 Mahoning Ave NW  (N41° 14.299  W80° 49.260)  Here is a map link.  The church is the starting point for Eric's "A Walk Down Millionaires Row" virtual multi GCC062.  Look for the obituary to be printed in the PD.

Funeral services will then be held at the church at 11:30 AM.  Out of town guests are invited to join the family for lunch afterwards.  If you are planning on attending, please email me privately so I can give Mr. and Mrs. Sherwood a count within the next few days.

The family requests that in lieu of flowers, donation be made in his memory to any of the following:

- First Presbyterian Church for the youth church camp

- The Cleveland Metroparks

- The Geauga Park District

- or any charity of your choice

Cache well, dear friend.  And we'll see you 'round the bend......

Please see tribute topic

Has anyone posted anything about the penguin tribute avatars?!?

This is the place! You may have noticed that many regular forum participants have changed their avatars to include a penguin. This is because SherwoodForest loved penguins! He worked them into his cache pages, his logs and his jokes. I can think of no more fitting tribute than to see dozens of penguins waddling around in the forums. I smile each time I see one. It is a positive way to remember a truly great geocacher.

Even if you did not know Eric, please read the tributes to him by those who did. And if you're so inclined, switch your avatar between now and Friday's memorial service. Join the flock of GeoPenguins. Thank you.

I'll miss Eric and the fun times we had caching together. What a nice young person. I'm sure he's at the "big trailhead" right now.

My prayers are with Eric and his family.

Tears <_< ... BVCY Swim

Lep: Your penguin avatar was so appropriate, I just had to borrow it ... hope you don't mind.

We never had the pleasure of meeting Eric, but we send our condolences as well.

(Edited for spelling.)

Ditto that for us as well , although I am sure we did cross paths at the Midwest Geobash perhaps ?

Star

TTI:

He was tall, quiet, and likely wearing tie-dye. If I remember right, he camped with Bjorn74, and check out chums for a picture. You met me and we traded sigs, so you may very well have met him.

Even though we only met Eric a couple of times at local events, he made us feel so welcome that we found ourselves looking for him at the events we were attending. Reading thru the tributes on the geochums site, it looks like 'welcoming the new people' was a wonderful habit of his! It seems almost out of character for someone so quiet.

We will miss him at every event we attend from here on. We only spent a few minutes with him, but the thought of him being gone is still bringing tears to my eyes and an urge to write to his family to tell him what a wonderful young man he was. I hope that they have access to these sites and can later read thru some of the comments that people from all over the country have written about their son!

Edited by WYZE01s
Well the forums have been sitting here all along and I never really looked through them until today. Yep because of Eric. That boy will continue to show me new things even after he has gone around the bend. *shaking head*

Thanks Eric...

Missin ya.

Suz

Suzy,

when I get to meet you on Friday, remind me to tell you about the email Eric sent me in July...that I just "got" this morning.

There are a lot of fates at work here, girl.

Katie

Even though we only met Eric a couple of times at local events, he made us feel so welcome that we found ourselves looking for him at the events we were attending. Reading thru the tributes on the geochums site, it looks like 'welcoming the new people' was a wonderful habit of his! It seems almost out of character for someone so quiet.

We will miss him at every event we attend from here on. We only spent a few minutes with him, but the thought of him being gone is still bringing tears to my eyes and an urge to write to his family to tell him what a wonderful young man he was. I hope that they have access to these sites and can later read thru some of the comments that people from all over the country have written about their son!

oh...PLEASE do. pm me, and I can provide you with his mother's email address.

When I talked to his dad last night, we chuckled forever about the "geocaching family", and how wonderful the sport is...and just how many lives Eric had touched.

My condolences, I wish all the best for his family and all his freinds and geo freinds.

Just remember he's gone to a better place, but will always be with you.

Just whisper his name, and he will be there for you - Always.

I share your pain, as I recently lost a very close freind who was my caching Mentor.

Without him, I wouldn't be here typing this.

Edited by Pto