Wsga Puget Sound Chapter Holiday Party

Seth!

Howdy, friends! The WSGA-PS Holiday Party will take place again this year. It will be at its usual spot on the calendar, the Wednesday night between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

The event will be posted in the next few days. Until then, mark your calendar.

When: Wednesday, December 28th, 2005. 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Where: Woodinville Community Center -- Evergreen Room.

Coords: N 47° 45.229 W 122° 09.737

:huh::)B)

As the WSGA Puget Sound chapter is largely centered around the Puget Sound area, and it seems that traditionally, they choose to host their events around... the Puget Sound. Granted, I've never seen them go as far south as Olympia yet, but for the most part... the area is well represented.

The mid-week party last year, at the same location, on the same evening, was quite well attended so I doubt the difficulty issues for those of us NOT in the immediate vicinity are taken into account. (The location chosen happens to be equidistant between Patudles and I, tho I don't have to go over a mountain pass to get there.)

Also, for a Holiday party, the time is rather limited. Too late and you're getting into the winter cache machine... too early and you're running into other plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas. They're rather stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

That said, with as many people who get their panties in a knot about where and what time the PS chapter has their meetings and events... you'd think more chapters would be starting up in other areas.

Start one. Have a party with your own chapter in the middle of the week. P*ss the rest of us off by making it impossible for us to attend in your area.

Personally, I can either make them, or I cannot. No one in 'my' area wants to have a chapter located nearby so we roll with it.

... All issues with time/date aside ... I'm looking forward to the party this year!

Edited by CurmudgeonlyGal
Having a WSGA Christmas Party on a weeknight makes it very difficult for WSGA members that are not local to attend.  It is nice that you invite us but those of us that have jobs cannot attend one on a weeknight when we live so far away.  <_<

The reality is when you start making reservations for a big enough place this late in the season, all the good dates are taken up. We will try to address that issue for next year's party.

Edited by TotemLake
Having a WSGA Christmas Party on a weeknight makes it very difficult for WSGA members that are not local to attend.  It is nice that you invite us but those of us that have jobs cannot attend one on a weeknight when we live so far away.  :huh:

The reality is when you start making reservations for a big enough place this late in the season, all the good dates are taken up. We will try to address that issue for next year's party.

I used to plan the holiday parties for my former company. I know that you have to book months in advance to get a good spot. We'd always book at least 9+ months in advance.

I am disappointed that we will not be able to attend this year, but I do understand.

Maybe this needs to be clarified then. I thought it was a WSGA event but in reality it is a Chapter Christmas party. I am sorry, I misunderstood in that case duh, it should be held whenever you wish just like our chapter party will be. There do my panties have all of the knots out of them yet. :huh:

Who knows with my schedule I still might be able to come over to it providing the roads aren't to bad.

Edit: Looks like I over looked the PS (Puget Sound) after the the WSGA.

Edited by Patudles

*Bump*

Since this is a potluck does anyone have any plans for what everyone is bringing or is it just going to be a wild & crazy thingie?

Since I don't have time enough to get home and back to the event after work my contibution is likely to be something that doesn't require heating or refrigeration, and is easily transportable, how about something sweet?

edit cuz I shouldn't be allowed to type when I'm this tired.

Edited by Recdiver

Generally, it's been a free-for-all - so far we haven't ended up with all salads or all desserts ... YET!

Other ways to "cheat"* (:(): KFC bucket, stopping at store for packaged salad, big bag of chips - you get the idea. There are several options right nearby the get-together.

*no criticism meant towards anybody who's done this or thinking of doing this, a lot of this stuff is GOOD.

The Halloween potlucky thingie turned out truly tasty.

Weren't you the guy who was puking for a couple of days afterward?

I'm heading up early and going out to eat beforehand... preferably some place w/i walking distance if you know what I mean!

There were about 3 of us actually...but I only puked for 1 day...felt like crap for a couple more though... :rolleyes:

I'm heading up early and going out to eat beforehand... preferably some place w/i walking distance if you know what I mean!

There were about 3 of us actually...but I only puked for 1 day...felt like crap for a couple more though... :rolleyes:

That's what you get for skipping out to play pool...

(Actually, I do believe WanderLost's son was also pretty sick after the party as well... I fed my kids beforehand... and brought Krispy Kreme donuts to keep them happy at the party itself... sometimes my 'buffet' paranoia works out to my benefit... five pukers on hand, in one household, is five too many!)

That's what you get for skipping out to play pool...

(Actually, I do believe WanderLost's son was also pretty sick after the party as well... I fed my kids beforehand... and brought Krispy Kreme donuts to keep them happy at the party itself... sometimes my 'buffet' paranoia works out to my benefit... five pukers on hand, in one household, is five too many!)

I still think it was a case of stomach flu, I mean the 3 of us carpooled together and we all ended up sick. What are the odds that we all ate the same thing and got sick from it and only one other person did. I'll still like to know who the carrier was. :D

edit to add I'm sure going out to play pool afterwards had nothing to do with it.

Edited by Recdiver