Pq Attributes Search

adambro

AND the "All My Finds" option has been added at the bottom of the regular pocket query chart.

Yes!! Thank you!!!

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

So far so good! A couple of questions:

Does the "All my Finds" query return DNFs, too? I'm interested in those as well as caches where I've left a note.

I created a query to return caches which have the "Recommended at Night" attribute, but none of the caches (of the handful I looked at) it returned had that attribute. When I did the same thing for the "Fee Required" attribute, the query worked fine. Perhaps there is a small bug in the "Night Cache" attribute.

Jamie

Just did a search for 'Boat Required' caches in the UK and got back 13. Of those however, some where just near water. Hmm. I'd hardly call that 'Boat Required'. Perhaps people need to pay more attention to what attributes they are setting now you can run PQs on them.

adambro

On "all my finds"  PQ I don't see a way to control which email it goes to.

Right now it goes to the email that is associated to your geocaching.com account.

I don't want to give to many options to this feature right now because of how big this can be.

I might add this as a text box at the bottom, but for now.. just check your geocaching.com email address.

Tried both IE and Firefox... Still can't figure out how to select attributes...

When creating/editing a pq you should see a list of attribute icons. If you click the icon once it turns dark that means you want it included. If you click it again, it will put the O with a / through it. This will exclude it from your search. You must have Javascript enabled for this feature to work.

Tried both IE and Firefox... Still can't figure out how to select attributes...

When creating/editing a pq you should see a list of attribute icons. If you click the icon once it turns dark that means you want it included. If you click it again, it will put the O with a / through it. This will exclude it from your search. You must have Javascript enabled for this feature to work.

Rebooted and there they are. Thanks!

I'm sure this may be answered when my "All Found" PQ arrives, but I'll ask now...

Will I be able to seperate my Found's for DNF form Notes, from Attended, from SBA'S

And what if I a double found it? will I see both entries? Last time I had accidentaly double post it took forever to find it and make it right.

Right now it goes to the email that is associated to your geocaching.com account.

I might add this as a text box at the bottom, but for now.. just check your geocaching.com email address.

Yes, please consider adding a text box which if filled out the PQ would be sent to it. Currently I have all my PQ's routed to a big gmail mailbox. The email associated to my GC user is the small mailbox supplied by my ISP.

Yes, please consider adding a text box which if filled out the PQ would be sent to it. Currently I have all my PQ's routed to a big gmail mailbox. The email associated to my GC user is the small mailbox supplied by my ISP.

Describe small :)

Since its only sent once a week, maybe check that email box once a week for now?

Will I be able to seperate my Found's for DNF form Notes, from Attended, from SBA'S

You can do this easily with GSAK.

Jamie

That's my hope (or from ExpertGPS/EasyGPS?)

Not likely with Easy/Expert-GPS, as they don't understand the log entries at all.

But if you want something free and easy to use, Watcher is still alive and kicking.

I created a query to return caches which have the "Recommended at Night" attribute, but none of the caches (of the handful I looked at) it returned had that attribute. When I did the same thing for the "Fee Required" attribute, the query worked fine. Perhaps there is a small bug in the "Night Cache" attribute.

W/o getting into the fight over "Recommended at Night" attribute and night caches, there is def an error with the "Recommended at Night" attribute.

I made one and the ones that showed up were those that were specifically NOT "Recommended at Night" attribute

Since its only sent once a week, maybe check that email box once a week for now?

I am sure I can live with it now, since my found count is only in the three digits. And of course if it gets "too large" I can change the email account associated with my user id to a gmail one.

So it is just a request to allow the entry of another email account.

Thanks for the info on the time of the pq. I've attempted to run 3 and still nothing. Figured it was backlogged with those who talk the talk but don't cache the cache.

Why don't you go start your own bitter whinging thread and quit derailing this one? Those of us who receive our PQ's are trying to discuss the new features.

That's a good thought. But when it's not working for me when I'm trying to get out the door caching, it really chaps my (_|_). I'll give you the opportunity to talk about it as I'm picking up a few smileys. Who knows, maybe I'll have the 4 pq's sitting in my in box when I return.

And possibly a lovely 10% ding on the warn meter as well.  Something about staying on-topic and refraining from personal attacks.

Enjoy the cache hunts!

Agreed, bearing in mind this is an international forum theres a good chance its not light where a load of the users are. Night caching is not always an option. Cache when you like, do PQs when you like!

Edited by adambro
Now if we could get people to understand that "recommended at night" is not the same as "available at night"

Perhaps an email to those cache owners whose "Available at Night" caches come up under the "Recommended at Night" attribute would fix some of them.

Jamie

...Now if we could get people to understand that "recommended at night" is not the same as "available at night" LOL

HA! I tried it out by setting up a PQ to search for hydrocaches. Returned an unexpectedly high number of results, and it turns out that quite a few people have selected the Scuba Gear attribute by mistake. Some of the caches with the scuba attribute set aren't even near water! :)