Changes To The Sport, Wanted

Misha

No. It isn't real. Just consider that by forcing you to revisit the site or something happens is just as arbitrary as picking an archival date.

We have a collective responsibility to make sure that caches don't end up being left abandoned in the world. There are many better real-world alternatives to solve issues with abandoned or unmaintained caches. Just pretending they don't exist by archiving them isn't one of them.

Edited by Jeremy
The reason I see this as a good thing we need to grow, Not stay the same forever.

I have to go a bout 10 miles to locate new caches, and I have friends who have to travel furthur than 80, he has 1431 caches found

It is different...caches are archived all the time and new ones pop up as well. If you want something new in your area, I would suggest doing a cachelike this

You live far enough away that another one of this same theme would be ok! You would have new caches popping up like wildfire.

I think this is a bad idea, because like others have said...it is fun to see the logs from long ago. and it is rewarding to the owner to know that he/she picked a good enough spot that it didn't get muggled!

The current system works pretty well. If there is a cache with issues, you can post an SBA log and the reviewer should look at it. You can e-mail the local reviewer, or contact@ if there are real issues.

This process works regardless if the cache is 2 weeks old or 4 years old. Here in Nevada, remote caches can go for several years before anyone attempts to find it. The cache is still valid, and still findable.

For each cache that an automatic exiration would be helpful on, there are 5 or more that it would be counter productive.

Misha, in case you were wondering, it was a very valid question, and all the answers provided are valid as well. You can close this thread whenever you feel your question has been thuroughly addressed.

Funny the description specifically says
Keeping with tradition, there IS a logbook to sign at this site. It is RIGHT there and very easy to get at. Please do not try to pry up or move the Plaque at all to find it.

It is funny... the day I visited the logbook was gone. The next day a buddy of mine visited. I told him to bring a logbook with him to replace it. He said he had one with him and I asked him if he would "sign my name". <_< He did.

Hopefully that cache will be around for more than 2 years.

It is funny... the day I visited the logbook was gone.  The next day a buddy of mine visited.  I told him to bring a logbook with him to replace it.  He said he had one with him and I asked him if he would "sign my name".  :huh: He did.

Isn’t that forgery? B):huh:

No, because everyone is mtn-man.

It is funny... the day I visited the logbook was gone.  The next day a buddy of mine visited.  I told him to bring a logbook with him to replace it.  He said he had one with him and I asked him if he would "sign my name".  :huh: He did.

Or Spartacus.

Just Co Admin B) ....(joke from "Quiggle" thread.)