Hurricane Katrina Geocoin

Team Rampant Lion

On August 29th, Hurricane Katrina, on of the fiercest storms ever seen in the United States slammed ashore along the Gulf Coast as a Category 4 hurricane. Katrina brought with it winds up to 180 miles per hour and a path of unimaginable destruction through areas that haven’t seen a storm of this magnitude in almost 40 years.

In the largest single natural disaster response in its history, the American Red Cross mobilized thousands of volunteers to respond to provide food, water, shelter, medical assistance and other relief supplies. To provide support for this initiative, the NNJC created a geocoin in support for relief of the devastation hurricane Katrina has caused along the Gulf Coast.

The NNJC is very pleased and proud to announce that a donation was made to the Red Cross of $3,255.56 as a result of this effort.

Congratulations and thank you to all who participated by purchasing coins!

Good Job! Nice to raise money for charities, isn't it.

Seems it's OK so long as the disaster in on US soil.....

I think most of us would be glad to buy a geocoin to provide support funds for folks impacted by disasters anywhere in the world. Someone just needs to create it. I myself would wish for a coin to help those hit by the Southeast Asia earthquake in northern India/Pakistan. Donations for this disaster are significantly down from previous ones this year, and with winter fast approaching, these folks need our help.

Good Job! Nice to raise money for charities, isn't it.

Seems it's OK so long as the disaster in on US soil.....

I think most of us would be glad to buy a geocoin to provide support funds for folks impacted by disasters anywhere in the world. Someone just needs to create it. I myself would wish for a coin to help those hit by the Southeast Asia earthquake in northern India/Pakistan. Donations for this disaster are significantly down from previous ones this year, and with winter fast approaching, these folks need our help.

I hope to have a special coin for charity auction available in few weeks :):huh:

Maybe someone will be willing to spend over $700 on it! B)

edit for clarity: Not a coin collection - just a coin of my own.

Edited by pdxmarathonman