Trackin# Trades

papadadio

I started a little too late in the geocoin craze. But since I can't own most of the coins that have been released in the past, I will trade tracking numbers with you just to get the little icon on my profile. Sound low? It might be my only chance. I will trade only once for one of each that I don't have. For you, take your pick from one of these... 2005 Usa coin, 2005 Compass Rose coin, and a 2005 Eu coin. Just email me. bb84champs@adelphia.net And, of course I will be ordering any new ones I can.

Thanks, Papadadio

I like this idea. No harm, no foul and you pick up some icons along the way. If anyone would like to share their list... I'd appreciate it.

If you like icons stuff, just go to GC, enter the "Track Travel Bug " section, go into advance search and type virtual in the keywords. This will keep you busy for a while, 100's of coins have been converted to Virtual travelers and you get the icon when you log them.

I have done this myself with the coins I keep, I have no intention of releasing them into the wild but I don't mind them being tossed around virtualy.

I like this idea.  No harm, no foul and you pick up some icons along the way.  If anyone would like to share their list... I'd appreciate it.

If you like icons stuff, just go to GC, enter the "Track Travel Bug " section, go into advance search and type virtual in the keywords. This will keep you busy for a while, 100's of coins have been converted to Virtual travelers and you get the icon when you log them.

I have done this myself with the coins I keep, I have no intention of releasing them into the wild but I don't mind them being tossed around virtualy.

FYI, Jeremy addressed virtual coins/TBs in this post where he is locking the virtual coin/TBs page and deleting the logs, so you might want to consider NOT owning a virtual coin or TB.

I have logged many coins just for the sake of the Icon. But I only log coins that I have touched. Some have been from events were people have brought in thier collections and I logged them even though I was not able to take them with me. or I was with a friend that wanted to take the coin so I logged it first then they then log took it from me.

To me logging a coin I have never seen/touched would be like going down to the trophy shop and buying a trophy engraved with some marathon that I won. kinda of pointless if you ask me.

I have logged many coins just for the sake of the Icon. But I only log coins that I have touched. Some have been from events were people have brought in thier collections and I logged them even though I was not able to take them with me. or I was with a friend that wanted to take the coin so I logged it first then they then log took it from me.

To me logging a coin I have never seen/touched would be like going down to the trophy shop and buying a trophy engraved with some marathon that I won. kinda of pointless if you ask me.

But the thing is that some people would do it. Different strokes for different people.

Jeremy said he will add a button on the bottom of your profile labeled, "Add all icons." Then you just click the button and watch as every icon in the database is magically added to your profile. Each time a new icon is added, you can go back and press the button again.

Jamie

FYI, Jeremy addressed virtual coins/TBs in this post where he is locking the virtual coin/TBs page and deleting the logs, so you might want to consider NOT owning a virtual coin or TB.

Ah ha! I did not know that! I have now removed the info to make my coins Virtual, sorry icon chasers! :(

Edited by AV Dezign

Ah ha! I did not know that! I have now removed the info to make my coins Virtual, sorry icon chasers! :(

Waaaaaaay OT, but I love your avatar!

For those that don't know:

Jeremy: "As for virtual geocoins and travel bugs I'll just have to keep locking them and deleting the log entries. After a while they'll figure out that it is an abuse of the site features to do this."

Kerry "Hi The reason your Geocoin page was locked is because it is a virtual geocoin. The site was not designed for this type of tracking. We do not see virtual TB's as an acceptable use of the tracking features of the site, and we take this kind of setup as an abuse of our features. I am very sorry for any frustration this may have caused you. Cheers, Kerry Groundspeak, Inc. - The Language of Location"