Don't Forget To Set You Vcr

magellan315

For those of you who missed the first time, NBC is rerunning the Law & Order episode that uses Geocaching as part of the storyline. 9:00pm(EST) on NBC. Don't forget to bring your trowel when Geocaching.

***Jeremy and other Groundspeak types****

You might want to get that "We do not dig holes" disclaimer up on the main page for the next few days.

Edited by magellan315
For those of you who missed the first time, NBC is rerunning the Law & Order episode that uses Geocaching as part of the storyline. 9:00pm(EST) on NBC. Don't forget to bring your trowel when Geocaching.

***Jeremy and other Groundspeak types****

You might want to get that "We do not dig holes" disclaimer up on the main page for the next few days.

Thanks for the remeinder, I missed it last time

Now if I could only figure out how to set the (new) time on my VCR...

:huh:

I just had the opposite experience. Where I live there is no daylights savings. I looked at VCR this evening and it is one hour slow. Not only did I have preform archaic finger acrobatics to correct the time but I also had to figure out to turn off the auto daylights savings feature.

I caught it the first time. It was an interesting story. The typical artistic liberties were taken. So if you're expecting them to 100% accurately depict geocaching or how technology really works you will be sorely disappointed.

Missed the reminder, but thanks for answering another question for me! I have seen this episode before, before I got into geocaching or even knew what it was, and I was intrigued by this part! I couldn't remember if it was Law and Order, Crossing Jordan or Cold Case that I had seen it on, but I knew it was a crime show. Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder. I had missed this the first time it was shown so was glad to finally see it. Though I do wonder where their researchers went wrong in showing that caches are buried? OOPS?

Entertainment is an art form and not a science. They are under no obligation to represent anything accurately. At the end of the day they are just writers and actors. They are not real detectives, lawyers, or geocachers. Because the show is based on reality they get enough of the facts right to fool most people in to believing the story.

That's very true...just a couple weeks ago, ER had a short scene of a woman with a disease called IIH - she had a lot of headaches and siad the docs usually do a spinal tap to relieve it.

I myself have IIH, and that scene made me kind of mad because the "doctor's" response to it was way off the mark, acting like the majority of physicians do when hey hear about the disease - they know nothing about it. It's really complicated...but it was a similar issue of where they took parts of an idea and molded it to be more interesting for TV. There's no way they could have accurately portrayed an IIH patient in an ER situation very well.

I just hope nobody actually takes what they see on the shows and think it's an accurate version of what's going on.

But, the good thing is that it might spark more interest in the sport.

Just like those of us suffering from IIH have been trying to get the disease some exposure and research....so while we're kind of miffed at the approach the writers took, we're thankful that they chose to even mention it.