The Largest Cache Box In The World?

Thomas&Lisa

I don't think the sub counts because the sub itself is not the cache container. There is a ammo-can -type box inside the sub but unless you could place or take swag from anywhere within the sub, I wouldn't count it.

I wouldf say it's the same for the above mentioned cabin. If it's locked and you can't access it or leave your swag on a table, then it's not the cache container. The box out front with the log and the wine. . . that's the cache itself.

A camping cache, where you sleep INSIDE the cache, now that's cool.

You would have to think of a clever way for them to prove they spent the night though.

I once thought if someone owned a house they never used, like a rental property or something, make it into a cache, and cachers could stay there if they needed to. I suppose getting that approved would be somewhat difficult.

Edited by Airmapper

Reading through this one, I all of a sudden had this vision of a very cool cache, just don't know how I could do it. My thought would be use one of the old bomb shelters that people had built in the 50's during the cold war, and turn it into super large cache. Have the log book be an actual book! And who cares on McToys, here we can have entire playsets :)

OK, silly I know, but it would still be kinda cool...but it would really take someone with an extra bomb shelter on hand to set it up B)

Random thoughts...

Celticwulf

Reading through this one, I all of a sudden had this vision of a very cool cache, just don't know how I could do it. My thought would be use one of the old bomb shelters that people had built in the 50's during the cold war, and turn it into super large cache. Have the log book be an actual book! And who cares on McToys, here we can have entire playsets :huh:

OK, silly I know, but it would still be kinda cool...but it would really take someone with an extra bomb shelter on hand to set it up :)

Random thoughts...

Celticwulf

No, not silly at all. In fact, Snoogans already used one of these paranoid era pieces of history as part of Quantum Leap. I have been working at cracking the code on Snoogans' cache... oh, about 8 months now.

At any rate, a bomb shelter is a bomb of an idea. Please, just do not include a code as difficult as Snoogans'. B)

I've got my eye on this 8X8X40 storage container that a friend of mine's moving company is getting rid of...paint it ammo-can green, write "Geocache" on the outside in 3 foot-tall letters, and have trade items like sofas... :)

No...

Slap a magnet on the outside. Tape a key on the inside. "Forget" to select a cache size. Then, in your cache description, say that it's a "magnetic keyholder." Sit back and watch the fun.

I've got my eye on this 8X8X40 storage container that a friend of mine's moving company is getting rid of...paint it ammo-can green, write "Geocache" on the outside in 3 foot-tall letters, and have trade items like sofas... :)

No...

Slap a magnet on the outside. Tape a key on the inside. "Forget" to select a cache size. Then, in your cache description, say that it's a "magnetic keyholder." Sit back and watch the fun.

Love it!

"Magnetic key Hodler" with logs that say "Took coffee pot, left chain saw"

I thought about this question a few months ago when I came across one of thos erocket boxes in an army navy store. I don't think my friends appreciated me sitting and looking at it for ten minutes. But man that would have made a cool cache somewhere. My guess was 3 1/2' x 2' x 4'? something like that. Now, I know it wasn't even close! :ph34r: Added that submarine one to the bookmark list that is VERY cool!

i got you all beat, it weighs 35 tons is 75 feet log 19 feet wide and 12-16 feet high.

it's called a "snowcruiser". type it in google and you will find a postal cover with the gps coords for it's location, missing since 1958, if you do the research, this item is my favorite subject, (i'm such a geek)coords are, lat:78 deg 30's X long 163deg 30 W

Good luck, if you find it let me know.

Tim