Lewiston, Idaho/clarkston, Washington Cachers?

cheese eater society

Any groups in the area? I have assembled a team and we have been hitting caches, not missing one yet (we leave our distinct calling card in each one). We are using a laptop with Google Earth (sort of an $800 GPS, in a way) and having fun finding caches. We are making a multi-cache for the valley called Dragon Hoard that should be challenging and rewarding.

Looking forward to meeting other geocachers in the area and any visiting the area.

Take care,

nibbles of the Cheese Eater Society

That's very cool how you're locating the caches.

You just missed a great event in Spokane last night that would have introduced you to well over 100 people. The Inland Empire Chapter did a great job putting together a Halloween Event that had folks from all over attending.

Looking forward to seeing more of your entries here.

Thank you for the welcome and the information. Wish we would have known so we could have gone to Spokane. Drat! The team is warming up to get a couple more caches under our belts.

By the way, nice Floyd line in your title.

nibbles

edit: well, we decided to stick to a rodent theme and are going to call our stash Rat's Nest. There is a travel bug headed our way from Virginia with a little Warhammer 40K Ork attached, and I am preparing a Warhammer Fantasy Orc for a travel bug to send that way.

Here is the one headed our way:

Dench

Edited by cheese eater society

Welcome cheese eater society, look forward to finding your cache. I live in Lewiston and have been caching since August of 2003. You missed an event cache that was held October 1st at Hells Gate State Park. We had a great time even though it rained most of the day.

The next event will be held January 1, 2006 at Grannys Buffet in Lewiston. The event is called The First Annual Palouse Dinner, it should be a lot of fun. Look forward to seeing you at the event.

Thank you, dshifter and magking1971.

The team went out on a rainy Halloween afternoon and found 3 more caches, we only logged two as the third was just the second leg of a multi and we aren't going to log them until we complete the challenge. We thought we spotted another geocacher near one of the locations, but this is only speculation as both sides were trying to not be obvious. :ph34r:

Very addictive hobby. We are filling Rat's Nest with a lot of nifty items, including knives and coins from around the world. Looking forward to the January meeting. It is amazing that we walked by some of these places many times and had no clue that there was a cache.

Take care,

nibbles

Welcome.

Anytime you want someone to cache with or want to get together, just email us through our profile.  I'm Ogeo and my husband is I Splash and we have several caches in the valley. We live in Lewiston and have been caching for a year and a half.  Looking forward to your new cache.

Ogeo

Thank you very much, ogeo, for the kind offer, we will certainly take you up on a cache or just a little get together. I am sure we need a few pointers. We tried the Magical Hobo Saturday and it was almost a disaster, but it was fun. Too many people around and we had to make it look like a circus act to make it happen. Sometimes looking too blatant throws off attention too. I hope.

Take care,

nibbles

Edited by cheese eater society
On 11/9/2021 at 2:55 PM, Arridian said:

And here I was thinking that there weren't any geocachers in the area. Is there a chance any of you are still active? Also, are their any communities you can point my towards?

I just moved here and am looking forward to geocaching in the area more.

Thanks! 

Hi Arridian.  My wife and I are still active in the valley.  My wife goes by 'sloni2' and I go by 'dshifter'.  We were out caching last week and met MEC21 and lostken, so there are still active cachers here.  There is a facebook group called Quad Cities Geocachers that you might want to check out.