Proposed Mega Cache

earthshaker

I had an extreme idea the other day when I was in the Stapleton/ Tryon area.

How about a multi step (individually logged) cache in the Sandhills Region. My primary goal was to inform people about the siginicance on the Sandhills, provide some educational information as wll as a standard trade items that relate to the Sandhills theme.

If anyone is interested email or PM me via the forum.

Bear in mind that Nebraska comprises about 76,578 square miles of land area, and about 20,000 square miles of that is the Sandhills region.

So this is indeed a large project. Any ideas?

Thanks for the link, it would be nice to continue the run from Thedford east (southeast) to Broken Bow where there is a operating old time soda fountain, even open on Sunday, and a good place to eat east edge of town, I would be willing to help you out on this one! Let me know your ideas.

Edited by earthshaker

A Delorme Challenge starts where ever want to start. Find a cache, any cache , located in the area shown on each map page. Send in your list when you have cached the whole state. See cache description for details.

The Coords given are the location of the log book which cannot be signed until the cache list has been submitted and checked. Nebraska Delorme Challenge

Edited by NevaP
This is a great idea but how do you maintain these caches?  Say if you live in Omaha and your cache in the Scottsbluff area is gone?  The reviewers allowed this?  Do you get someone else to do your cache maintenance?  Dont get me wrong this is a great idea but i just had some questions.

I'm not sure what you are asking.

For a Delorme Challenge the cache owner only maintains the final physical cache that contains the log book which can be signed only by someone who has met the requirements. The caches found for the challenge are anybody's caches all over the state.

For approval, caches must always meet standards for maintainence. If they are located out of the cachers normal range (which can vary a great deal depending on the person) then arrangements must be made for maintainence by a nearby person.