Gaa

Bjornian

Hi I'm Sonya... from PA

new to this Geocaching world as of this year....and I'm not addicted altho I am now trying to hit find 200 by the end of the year and am now trying to find geocoins that are NOT sold out by the time I get them. OMG, what is happening to me?! Just a month ago, I had none, now I'm looking all the time and now own some, have some on order and am always searching........ :)

I would like (3) of these coins please

Thank you!

(Stands up)

Hi, I'm Jennifer.

It all started early this year when I decided I wanted a 2004 USA geocoin. I bought a few other coins hoping to trade for one, but didn't have any luck right away. Then I got involved in a coin buying group and things just snowballed from there. Now I have 7 outstanding trades that are waiting for coins to be produced and/or delivered, and I can barely lift my coin binder. Oh sure, I finally got my 2004 USA last September, but there's just so much more to it now than that. I'm in too deep.

I'll take (gulp) one GAA.

Hi, my name is Linda...

A month ago, my bank account looked much better. Within 4 weeks, I've gone from socking away money for next year's Christmas Club to purchasing coins (doubles when I can - ya know, to trade sometime.) My paypal activity has gone through the roof! :oB):huh:

Those doubles haunt me - I really should trade some of em.

I will, I will!

Soon.

(just not yet!)

Please add me to the list for two. *Sigh* :)

Edited by Evil Chicken

Hi I'm Lynda and someone said the word "collect" and that's all it ever takes for me. Only THIS time, somehow....Richard ( the one who has, up to now, stood on the sidelines and kept me from getting in too deep) got sucked in, too :)

mwa ha ha ha B)

Edited by GBOTS

Hi. My name is Jon. SOme people refer to me as Blue J Wenatchee. I started back in June after going to a presentation by Bruce Bjornstad. I have been addicted since and hope to have found 200 caches before the snow flies. I started with a 2005USA Geocoin and now have coins from all the western states and Canada. Please help me. The only thing I can figure to help me is if I can find someone to trade my 450 Beanie Babies for some Geocoins. I can supply a list of Beanies I have for trade (ALL OF THEM). THank you and i am studying the 12 step program listed above. :ph34r:

Ok Ok......

Put me on the list for:

1 Copper

1 Brass

1 Gold

1 Pewter

1 Silver

1 Of the LE series

1 "members only" coin

25 of the wooden nickles

and 1 worry stone to help lower my stress while I figure out how I'm going to pay for all this without loosing the rent money

I would like to use the same list. Only I better have 2 worry stones. One for each hand.

If you ever actually make these coins I hope that you go back over this thread and make sure to reserve a couple to sell to each of us who posted here. You KNOW that we really do want to buy the darn thing. Please remember us. Don't let some eBay seller buy them all up and leave us to cry.

Edited by Thrak
My opinon....

On the front: Hi my name is....., I am a geocoin addict.

On my way to the 12 step program needs to go on the back with I fell of the wagon.

IMO That would sound much better

Suggestions submitted, thank you.

I think this is really looking good. I am sure if we make enough, the price should come down and more can afford to have a few to both drop off and keep in there pocket to remind them when they start breaking out in a cold sweat while at work. Being afraid of missing an issue.

I like the suggested modifications

Looks great!! I guess that means that if I want some I'll have to admit that I'm addicted. I'll have to admit that I spend every spare minute of my day surfing the forums trying to make sure that I don't miss out. I'll have to admit that I've spent more than I should have on these pretty shiny things. I'll have to admit that I go through withdrawal if I go more than a day without buying something new or making a trade. It is a good thing that my husband is as addicted as I am or he might have me committed. :ph34r:

Ben here

It's ok ladycacher I was just trying to throw something out quick and fast to get idea's going. I borrowed the logo from the Alchoholic Annonymous website & did a little photoshopping. Don't feel bad <_<

Just so you know, you cannot use copyrighted material without express written permission. Coins designs should be original.

I see that you have started a different thread with updated art and actual pricing. There is currently no link available for pre-ordering the coin but you did state on the other thread that all orders will be made through thecachingplace.com

It's too bad that you aren't making a small batch of these that are numbered so that those of us who posted here in the original thread could get the limited edition numbered coins - perhaps limited to 2 per person who supported the idea originally.

The coin is looking good. I hope to be able to snag a couple before they sell out when the orders go live.

Thrak thats a Great Idea! :ph34r:

There are 54 original posters in the club as of Now! (if they wanna be)

It sounds like a good Number for a run of Limited Edition GAA Geocoins

Can this done done ? Golden? Numbered?

LE Geocoins for the first Ones to join the club

or Would that be like falling off the wagon and onto the busy Highway <_<

If I get Anybody's hopes up for a LE Geocoin only to have them Crushed, Im truly sorry and will take all the blame, As a member of Geocoin Addicts Anonymous, I will feel the pain too!

Thrak thats a Great Idea! :huh:

There are 54 original posters in the club as of Now! (if they wanna be)

It sounds like a good Number for a run of Limited Edition GAA Geocoins

Can this done done ? Golden? Numbered?

LE Geocoins for the first Ones to join the club

or Would that be like falling off the wagon and onto the busy Highway :huh:

If I get Anybody's hopes up for a LE Geocoin only to have them Crushed, Im truly sorry and will take all the blame, As a member of Geocoin Addicts Anonymous, I will feel the pain too!

There will be no numbering and no limited edition.

It's soooooo nice to know there are other folks just like me out there.... I thought I had a difficult time explaining why I was outdoors geocaching all day... everyday.... But now, stuck in front of my computer ordering coins? My friends would have me sent to the Funny Farm if I told them. I am NOT an addict, NOT in denial...

But I'll take 4, please :huh:

Ok everybody, I am proud of myself. Not only did I drive 6 hours to Kansas today, I got 9 caches (one includes a event)!!!!! I was parinoid that I was missing a coin....and the relief I felt to find out I didn't was overwhelming.

I had a great day! I even got to show my entire collection of coins!

The Coin I am making for the group is limited addition :-) and is trackable (though I am stil ltlaking to sites about which one). AND CAN ONLY BE OWNED BY THE MEMBERS OF GAA. There will be few made (probably around 100 or 200). The extras are for future members of GAA and the GAA cache I have plans for :-).

...AND CAN ONLY BE OWNED BY THE MEMBERS OF GAA. There will be few made (probably around 100 or 200). The extras are for future members of GAA and the GAA cache I have plans for :-).

I don't get it, this is an actual group now? How did that happen? Did posting to this thread make me a member?

When I have everything done to the point that htey are being minted I will ask for a "donation" to support GAA (since I want to make it real) and a story, and you will get the coin :-). I want to give GAA it's own website, like the SWAG group :-).

"donation" sounds like a great idea!

If you folks are seriously so addicted that you're stuck in front of your computers ordering coins, then perhaps geocaching is not meant to be represented by a coin? GO OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:;)

This might take more than 12 steps!

The last time I went outside to cache, I missed a coin! Time to get a laptop with Wifi??

Interesting... 2 competing GAA coins? :rolleyes:

I waiting for 'someone' to come along and claim that neither party truly represents the GAA's of the world and that they have no right to provide these coins. ;)

Well, since there are going to be two versions of the coin, I guess I'll order both for the benefit of the folks taking the huge financial stake in having the coins made. I would hate to leave them in the difficult position of finding someone to sell the extra coins to. I don't really want the additional coins you understand. It's just my part in helping out. I am a team player.

Addicted... who said anything about being addicted, I am just a casual Geocoin collector...

I started casually collecting Geocoins about 4 months ago ...

So far:

Coins in collection : 179 (160 different)

Coins available for trade: 223 (not counting a few hundred f0t0m0m coins)

Coins due in purchase/trade: 314

Well... maybe I'm mildly addicted....

Ok hold on now, I'm confused AGAIN!

Damenace is putting a GAA coin for all of us coins crazed folks (which I must say are very cute) AND Bjornian is doing a GAA coin ALSO?

Or... is it that Damenace is putting together the GAA coin and is in cahoots with Bjornian?

Or...is Damenace on his own with his GAA coin and Bjornian's little group thing stemming from...ah heck I don't know I am confused!

HELP, somebody explain to Pepper what's goning on here.

Edited by Pepper
Addicted... who said anything about being addicted, I am just a casual Geocoin collector...

I started casually collecting Geocoins about 4 months ago ...

So far:

Coins in collection : 179 (160 different)

Coins available for trade: 223 (not counting a few hundred f0t0m0m coins)

Coins due in purchase/trade: 314

Well... maybe I'm mildly addicted....

You have me beat. Course I've only been at this for a month. I wonder what my 4 month statistics will look like. But then, I am not addicted.... I could quit if I wanted to.... I just don't see any reason to quit......... I work therefore I buy.....