Gaa

Bjornian

Ben here

It's ok ladycacher I was just trying to throw something out quick and fast to get idea's going. I borrowed the logo from the Alchoholic Annonymous website & did a little photoshopping. Don't feel bad :santa:

Thats what the AA has for a logo? Did not know that...of course I have never been there (yet :santa: ).

Below is the design that I have been having an artist working on. The wording around the edge is a work in progress. I was thinking along the top have it say" Hi, my name is .....", along the bottom have it say " On the way to my twelve step program...." then on the back it will say " I fell off my wagon". Looking to have a guy falling out of the wagon with coins flying every where.

433ccf75-d1a3-4cf8-b499-2267bb032ecb.jpg

I have spent over 200 dollars in a month on other peoples geocoins. Can anyone beat that?

Golly, yes. I spent $710 on one coin! :santa: In addition to the others I bought this month...

Thank Goodness. There is someone out there in worse shape than I am. <whew>

Hey, I resemble that remark! :santa:

Um...(raises hand).....my name is Larry and I have a problem....I've missed out on three coins (so far) and would like to trade someone for a Gecachers of West Tennessee, Dutch, or __________. Please fill in the blank for next coin missed.

Psssttt! I have Maryland, Regular Screw, and Georgia 2006 Regular for trade.

Put me down for five of the GAA coins. Two limited editions (only have one limited edition in my collection) Anybody need coin numbers for icons?

Larry (lpyankeefan)

OMG! Can't believe there is talk of an actual GAA coin! :santa:

I can't believe that you can't believe it :santa:

Hi. I think my name is Mark, but everyone calls me pdxmarathonman. I have my own personal geocoin. I have made many trades for other geocoins. But now I have to have more minted in other metals in order to keep up with the people who really are sick. It's not that I wanted to, I just need to do this to help the others. Really, I don't need them for myself. I can stop anytime.

Lets open a new thread for the coin and keep this one on topic of addiction :santa: ......not that I have a problem.....

Naww..this thread promises to be great entertainment.

Hi, I'm Mark, and I'm a coin addict.

I got up early on my day off to make sure I didn't miss a release.

I get all worked up when I do miss a release.

I moved very expensive books out of my shelves to make room for my coins.

But I can stop whenever I want.

And I would like one of the GAA Coins, please.

Had to get away from this for a bit, was going cache hungry. I have spent my whole week of vacation going after caches and coins. Might have been cheaper to go by everyones house, pick up their kids, and take them to Disneyland.

Oh well I had some fun, but each step I was taking, I was thinking, I am missing out on coins. Coins, geocache, coins, geocache. I need to hire someone to be my buyer. Hey that sounds like a good job. I could post it on the telephone pole at the stop light.

"Work at home on the internet, make Christmas money for your family"

Assume Nothing #7

Quicksilver TB Hotel

Up There Somwhere :santa::santa:

Edited by Mystery Ink
okay. I guess I am one of the least addicted people here :; rcks back and forth on ground::. We already have 2 seperate coins in the works, and thsi idea has only been around for a day :-o. Since I started the group I think  Ishould have final say on the coin :-p

Sounds fair to me.

I second it.

and my son disagree's :santa:

Edited by Mystery Ink

Hi my name is Paul and I used to be a geocacher, but lately I find myself surfing the geocoin discussion forum looking for new coins to buy, instead of going caching.

I am also finding it harder to pay my bills as I can't find the money to pay them. My only entries in my check book is to Paypal.

I think I am about to have a slip. I will take 4 coins please. I will swear off buying any more tomorrow, Honest.

Hi, my name is Lenny and I actually went caching just to prove I am not addicted, but a Compass Rose geocoin found me at a cache. Its not my fault... really...

I'll take 5. And if there is a limited edition, I want one of those also. Or one in each metal or whatever is available because I can't miss out.

TAKE TWO:

Hi, my name is Lenny and I am an geocoin addict.

My opinon....

On the front: Hi my name is....., I am a geocoin addict.

On my way to the 12 step program needs to go on the back with I fell of the wagon.

IMO That would sound much better

I second that and I'll add another suggestion. How about letting people have their names engraved on the coin like the group in Idaho did.

If I remember correctly it'll add around 40 cents per coin to the cost.

It'll be a bit of a pain to keep track of but it would PROVE that IM not addicted.

No really....I'm not.....

Really.... :huh:

Just an idea.....

My opinon....

On my way to the 12 step program needs to go on the back with I fell of the wagon.

I second that and I'll add another suggestion. How about letting people have their names engraved on the coin like the group in Idaho did.

It'll be a bit of a pain to keep track of but it would PROVE that IM not addicted.

Really.... :)

Just an idea.....

Not a problem, I will let people engrave there names I will even let you pick the company you want to engrave them :huh: .

Alright I am just kidding, no this option won't be offered. When Idaho did the engraving, coins had not taken off like they have now. I am not about to mint 500-1000 coins and have each one individually engraved. that means we would try and collect one from everyone since they are differant, right? No I am not addicted.

My opinon....

Really.... :)

Just an idea.....

Not a problem, I will let people engrave there names I will even let you pick the company you want to engrave them :) .

Alright I am just kidding, no this option won't be offered. When Idaho did the engraving, coins had not taken off like they have now. I am not about to mint 500-1000 coins and have each one individually engraved. that means we would try and collect one from everyone since they are differant, right? No I am not addicted.

I agree that it is a cool idea, but OMG! I would forever be chasing down people for their coin!

Let's just mint 1,000 per coin collector with their name on ithave other people pre-pay for it, then everybody will get one of each others coin.....are ya following me here..... :huh::):D

Someone else was working on this coin too (actualy a few people I believe). Are we going to vote on the best coin design or is the thread starter going to decide...or...the person with the most coins...the TRULY addicted ones?????

:huh:

Well since my addiction I have learned that if you mint them they will sell. So since the art work has been submitted for approval, with addtional changes being made ( I.E. suggestions being made), these could be up for sale and distributed by the end of Nov.

Since there is no state affiliation for this coin like the long debated Illinois coin, I say keep minting, we need more coins!!!!!

For goodness sake I just went to the dentist and then the doctor Was only gone 4 hours and another design has been submitted for approval. Ok whats the crack? Is it trackable, will it have its own icon? Will there be a limited edition? How many metals?

Put me down for some more I am sure they will make great stocking stuffers. At least in my stocking.

Gotta get more coins Gotta get more coins Gotta get more coins

I am not addicted not really I don't go to those meetings yet

Someone else was working on this coin too (actualy a few people I believe).  Are we going to vote on the best coin design or is the thread starter going to decide...or...the person with the most coins...the TRULY addicted ones?????

:)

Well since my addiction I have learned that if you mint them they will sell. So since the art work has been submitted for approval, with addtional changes being made ( I.E. suggestions being made), these could be up for sale and distributed by the end of Nov.

Since there is no state affiliation for this coin like the long debated Illinois coin, I say keep minting, we need more coins!!!!!

I am kidding!!! Stop the madness!!! NO ENGRAVING OF NAMES!!! Your gonna kill me!!! :huh::):)

Here is version 2, with a change in wording and addition of someone falling off the wagon.

a1843c9c-4e8d-4bfc-b526-0b19be23c0d0.jpg

Uhhh, I don't think anyone in the world has a head and hair that looks like that... :)

And $100 coins? I'd like to see who ends up owning those. :huh:

Edited by Vargseld? ™