Geochristmas!

1NatureMom

:cool:B)

Last year my family thought I was nutz when I added geocaching to our favorite-spiritual holiday; now they are adding to it! :o

I camo'd a gift for my husband under the tree, hung a handmade geocaching ornament to the tree, asked for gifts related to geocaching, and our family 12 month photo-calendar was all seasonal geocaching pictures!

This year our 1NatureGirls are asking for: Camelbacks, their own GPSr, and snowshoes for caching! And...while they are now spending their reading time going thru toy catalogs, I hear them mumble "oh, this'd be cool for trade items; I'd wish someone would put that in a cache"!! B)

So what's on your list or your ideas?

:o

A couple of ideas come to mind:

Backpack - saw a nice one the other day for less that $40 that even had a water container built in

Walking stick - I picked up some already

Small tool kit - flashlight, mirror, multi-tool knife, oh yea small black light for invisible ink (we have some puzzle caches here with that)

Geocoin - Danger, can be addictive

you mean warm :cool:

Why does everyone hate micros? What I want for christmas is people to stop arguing about them and just accept that they are part of geocaching! I also want a new fish tank(relaxing when working on those tough puzzel caches!)

Last year, I got a gpsr for christmas, and joined geocaching.com 15 minutes later!

Edited by Team Firebird

For myself, I would like to have a geocaching.com sweatshirt, and a pair of comfortable hiking pants so I will quite ruining my bluejeans. (Hopefully the other Kentuckygirl will see this post and get the hint!! :lol: ) These are doable. I would love to have a new GPSr particularly a Garmin map 60. This is not doable but I can always dream.

For my neice, a backpack loaded with swag and a geocaching shirt. She loves geocaching with us.

For my neice, a backpack loaded with swag and a geocaching shirt. She loves geocaching with us.

Hey, try LLBean!! They have the coolest lil backpacks for kids with lil critters on em in bright colors & you can monogram their name/initials too! Most of the time their on sale ~ click on their "Sale". Or search Critter Packs. They are quite reasonable. O, and tell them Leslie sent you! lol :lol:

Hey, try LLBean!! They have the coolest lil backpacks for kids with lil critters on em in bright colors & you can monogram their name/initials too!  Most of the time their on sale ~ click on their "Sale". Or search Critter Packs. They are quite reasonable. O, and tell them Leslie sent you! lol  :lol:

Thanks!! These are really cool and unique. I like the one with the dragonfly and its on sale. I am definitely getting her one with her caching name on it. :drama:

Edited by kentuckygirls

I could use a few things:

• Trekking polls
  • Mid-size day pack (Last year, I got a day pack, and while it's exactly the one I picked out, it ended up being huge. I could probably live out of that thing for a week or two)
  • Snowshoes
  • Cross-country skis
  • New GPS (without broken screen)
  • A nice sleeping bag
  • New, small tent

I have almost all the stuff I need (yea some of it is 30 years old), now I need time, understanding that the jones needs to be fed and someone to do yardwork. In addition, the kids could forget multi-mile wrong turns and "100 steps" (though they love to talk about it afterwards, they are afraid the next one will be a repeat). Merry Xmas!