Event Cache - Climb Snowdon - Summer 2006

I took part in the mighty fine Ben Nevis climb event this June, and climbed Snowdon in September last year for a cache meet. I can recommend both mountains for a sense of achievement, but Snowdon is a pussycat next to Ben Nevis. Partly because it's only two-thirds the height, and partly because you start Nevis from 60ft above sea level, and you can get a third the way up Snowdon before getting out of your car (start early or you'll not get a space in the car park).

As for how to make Snowdon more of an adventure, I believe there are cachers with Unicycles... ;)

Having ticked this one off in 2004, I'll wait for a Scafell Pike climb event before pulling my big boots on again. But I hope the event's a success and you have as much fun as we did getting up Nevis.

SP

The train is lovely - and far more "me" than getting hot and sweaty....

However, a warning is that if there's the slightest puff of wind, the train does not go all the way to the top, it gets about haf way, you get out for 10 minutes and stand on this precipice, and then go down again...

However, if it goes all the way to the top - fabulous!!

H

Yeah, I would be interested too.  It's 20 years since I last climbed Snowdon (Crib Goch in January in the snow).  I vote for the amusing ascent followed by the train down again!!

If ya walk up you aint guaranteed to get a place on the train for the descent.

They will sell you a ticket to come down from the summit only if there are any spare seats and they are almost as rare as rocking horse do dos !

Ah, but it has been done!

Right click and 'Save Target As...' on the links below to see Stu and Sarah's video shot at Headgerow walk by Chadwick Chasers (GCJA8R)

[smaller 4.65Mb .WMV version]

[Larger 8.26Mb .WMV version]

Oops... they got lost in a big explodification. I've just restored them from the backup.

btw. who's that fat git on the unicycle?

Cheers,

Stu

(1.5 stone lighter and counting)

Just moving this one back to the top. I had a look at Snowdon and it almost looks too easy when compared to Ben Nevis & Scafell Pike. I'm thinking a Twin Peaks dual ascent may be in order for Summer 2006. They're both in the same area (sorta - especially by Canadian standards).

I like the extreme ironing idea! I was thinking also about inflatable raft & pump with paddles.

More to come...

Cheers!

C-A

Havnig done Ben Nevis with you I would recommend anyone to go for it. Myself I'll stick with SP and his comment

Having ticked this one off in 2004, I'll wait for a Scafell Pike climb event before pulling my big boots on again. But I hope the event's a success and you have as much fun as we did getting up Nevis.

SP

Hope you have good weather as well.