White Jeep To Be Set Free In The Uk.

Gowenhouse

i can see both arguments here but i feel that it would be generous to keep atleast some of the jeeps in easier good caches so that the less able can do them.

then have one or two that tour the really hard caches.

you can then have the kudos of having found jeep number XXXX from it's 5/5 while everyone else can have a chance with the others.

just my 5pence worth. <_<

i can see both arguments here but i feel that it would be generous to keep atleast some of the jeeps in easier good caches so that the less able can do them.

:o Thanks Nobby! As one of the "older" caching partnerships, we* were pleased to have the opportunity to collect White Jeep Orson from Baydon Viewing back in November. It was an easy cache, but we did have to make the effort to drive over from S Wales to pick up Orson. If he'd been in a "high starred" cache we wouldn't have attempted such a retrieval as our days of 15 mile hikes across 5 star terrain are behind us <_<

Mrs B

*probably I was more pleased than MrB, who was inveigled out of his warm bed on an icy Sunday morning with the promise of porridge and the dubious delight of holding a small, white toy jeep. :ph34r:;)

Back on topic.

White Jeep Jorel released into a traditional cache in the west of Cornwall.  :grin:

and thx for taking my jeep the nearest it has gotten to its mission. Expect to see it go north by 300 miles or something in worng direction now ,like it has done previously.

Edited by stonefisk

:grin: Thanks Nobby! As one of the "older" caching partnerships, we* were pleased to have the opportunity to collect White Jeep Orson from Baydon Viewing back in November. It was an easy cache, but we did have to make the effort to drive over from S Wales to pick up Orson.

My wife says the cache is too hard :grin:

civilised

White Jeep Travel Bug "Dunleigh" turned up in the UK on the 28th Jan brought over by Thepoots and was dropped into Kew Gardens Meridian. Its now in the hands of bhodisatva.

Good luck and have fun tracking it. :wacko:

Someone mention my name? :lol:

New to this caching lark (18 for 18 atm) and can't believe someone would do a round trip of 400 miles just to get a WJ TB. Although saying that a fellow GC up in Scotlandshire wants me to post it up to him, hmmm think not somehow. Don't know whether to release it onwards immediately or wait 'til i'm at the mother in laws down in Moonraker Land (Devizes) end of Feb. Will just have to wait and see what caches i manage to do inbetween now and then won't you :lol: .

Wait til you're at your mother in laws.

I agree ! Somewhere around Devizes, a new cache maybe if you have time. :mad::huh:

Would never get it approved though, a leeeetle bit too far away from my home co-ords to maintain it. Although, placing it in a weighted waterproof container and lobbing it into the middle of the Crammer might get you guys out with your pronged pointy things once again :mad::mad:

Meeeeow scratch scratch back atya, maybe i should have used a sarcastic smiley as my post was very much tongue in cheek re: the bandwagon jumpers. I was actually interested as to whether people from the whole of Wiltshire call themselves Moonrakers or whether it only applies to those from Devizes as i'd been told.

I mean you'd hardly call people from Redcar "Monkey hangers" no matter their close proximity to Hartlepool now would you?? :blink:

Edited by bhodisatva

I see from the logs that white jeeps are hard to come by if you are in the lakes there is a couple of caches where they still remain untoched by caching hands ooh for at least 2 months now the cache numbers are GC462E and GCRFJD :blink::lol: i cant understand why no one has got them yet to help solve this white jeep crisis i may have a wander up at the weekend :D hope this helps a little in search of the little white fellas :blink: and arnt the clickable smilies good :anicute::anicute::lol::D

I know I'll probably get shot down for this but... I was in t' pub the other night with a fellow cacher (Hi there, you know who you are) when he reaches into his goody bag and pulls out a yellow jeep. I'd never seen one in the flesh (tin?) before and could hardly contain my disapointment, what a tiny, over-rated piece of stuff to come out of a cache, definitely a case of the Emperor's new clothes methinks, and in a group of two at that table I wasn't the only one smirking either.

At least I saw it before making any detours to pick up the icon which really would have disapointed me. Ah well, each to his own, just thought I'd throw my pennysworth in for devilment :)

At least I saw it before making any detours to pick up the icon which really would have disapointed me. Ah well, each to his own, just thought I'd throw my pennysworth in for devilment :)

The hunt for jeeps has died off a bit lately - I think due to the surge of geocoins with their own icons.

When I was keen to find jeeps ( yellow or white ) part of the attraction was that they added an icon to your stats - now there are so many iconables , it's hard to keep track.

And also - I think the thrill of the chase, to get to the jeep first, had a lot to do with it - doesn't really compare to someone pulling one out in the pub :D

civilised

Just completed Race the clock at the weekend and the white jeep in there is actually orange. Left it there for other cachers (still logged it though) as still trying to catch up with Stueys 5 white jeeps logged. Current score Stuey 5 Gowenhouse 3. :)

Edited by Gowenhouse