White Jeep To Be Set Free In The Uk.

Gowenhouse

Give us a clue where and when?

Vivien

This Saturday - North Wiltshire.

Wow, these jeeps look good ;)

civilised

You did that on suppose didn't you! :ph34r:

You knew I had arranged to go out for the day! :(;)

Oh Well! Will have to wait for the next one :( Its like waiting for a London Bus....wait for ages then 2 come along together, but both are full!

Okay report time.

I have followed the White Jeep in UK thread on the forums not expecting to see one for a long while yet. Yesterday morning I half thought of driving to Wiltshire to be up round Trowbridge when the cache was approved but dismissed it as madness.

Saw that it was approved at at around 5pm and presumed the race was well and truly on to get it, But then at about 7:30 I checked again and still not found I started thinking, Where is Fyfield exactly? What route could I take? At 8:15pm I was on my way in the rain.

Okay mistake No 1 happened here, 6 miles into my journey I realised the print out of the cache page was still in the printer. No problem. Stop at Exeter McDonalds (WiFi point) and get the 2nd co-ordinate sum and check if its been found. So about 9.30-10pm found me at McDonalds still raining, No WiFi signal!!! Over to plan 2, phone home. Got my son Matt to check on PC, Still not found!! Got the 2nd co-ordinate details but created mistake No 2. I presumed I was looking for a year so didn’t ask him to read out the instructions in full.

So under cover of Darkness and rain I travelled the A30, M5 and then the A361, coming under constant gunfire from Devon/Somerset Cachers trying to thwart my attempt to get the Jeep. (Okay they were fireworks, but sounds good). Will admit that all the way up I thought my chances of FTF were about 10%.

Arrived at Fyfield about 12.30am. Parked the car in the entrance to the bridleway. 0.75 miles to the cache. Wellies on and waterproofs (Still raining). Trudged up an extremely dark track, down an extremely dark muddy track over a stile and found the plaque. Remember mistake 2, well guess what!! No year date… Okay use phone number, I had a vague recollection of reading “ABCD+E”. So tried three different combinations of this phone number. All giving me three walks/stumbles of about half a mile there and back. Was now getting disconsolate now, still not convinced that the jeep would be there when/if I found the cache. Also batteries in GPS and torch getting low

Plan 3, Drve into Marlborough, Find a wifi point ad check the cache page. So back to the car, Still raining. Well I couldn’t find a McDonalds/Texaco garage in Marlborough (Have they got one). So of to Swindon (only ten miles). Found a Texaco as soon as I came off the ring road. Logged on, Yesss its still not found!!! Took the details of how to get 2nd co-ords and then drove back to Fyfield (16 miles. Oh and still raining!)

Arrival back at the bridleway was about 02.30ish. Torch Battery still low so will have to use it sparingly. Back up the dark track and slid down the muddy one and refound the plaque. The numbers made sense this time. So off I went in a different direction to the first visits stumbles, Only this route was more up and down, And it’s the down that caught me out, After getting up I struggled up the other side of the trackway I had fell into, disturbing a load of sheep on the way.

Plain sailing after that, Cache found at 03.15, opened it nervously, Yess it was still there waiting. One White Jeep (Bigger than the yellow ones!!). So by a fading torch and still raining I scrawled in the log, Replaced the Jeep with another TB. Re-hid the box and stumbled jubilantly back to the car.

The journey home. Left Fyfield at 03.45 still chucking it with rain. The A361 to Taunton was traversed straddling the white line as there was loads of rather large puddles along the sides. Between Street and Taunton, I came round a corner to be comfronted with a rotten tree trunk across the road, must have been rotten as being unable to stop the Discovery ploughed straight through it without even deviating. The heaviest rain was from Exeter back to Wadebridge, It simply just tipped down. I had to crawl through a couple of large flooded bits around the Wadebridge area caused by the water flowing off the fields. Arrival at home was at 07.15. Quick log and into bed by 07.30.

Summary

Duration of trip 11 Hours, drove just over 400 miles, walked most probably about 4 miles. Wipers on for about 380 miles. Mad!! Yes. Did I enjoy it?? You bet I did.

Mike :(

Mmmmm, :P that seems like a lot of effort to me, but well done anyway Mike, the thing with us Devon boys we are a bit more resourceful and more sophisticated.

Here's my report.

Stage 1/ Chat to man in States about lost TB. ;)

Stage 2/ Man helps out. B)

Stage 3/ Question asked about White Jeep :ph34r:

Stage 4/ Man responds in a positive manner and sends one over in the post ;)

Stage 5/ White TB in sticky little mitts and logged :P

How to get white TB in 5 easy stages, Devon style :(

Well done Mike B):D:D:D

Mmmmm, :ph34r:  that seems like a lot of effort to me, but well done anyway Mike, the thing with us Devon boys we are a bit more resourceful and more sophisticated.

Here's my report.

Stage 1/ Chat to man in States about lost TB. :(

Stage 2/ Man helps out. :P

Stage 3/ Question asked about White Jeep :(

Stage 4/ Man responds in a positive manner and sends one over in the post B)

Stage 5/ White TB in sticky little mitts and logged :P

How to get white TB in 5 easy stages, Devon style ;)

Well done Mike B)  :D  :D  :D

Ah but the fun was in the hunt Terry, I didnt know where the tupperware box was, I know where my letterbox is.... ;)

True, i and many others "wrote a note".

Have you released your white jeep yet?

I have not made up my mind where mine is going yet, but i may be on Dartmoor on Thursday.......but we don't want to release it there!

Wadders

(open to bribes :D )

PS Don't you just hate smug bar stewards ;);)

I think he's got his head stuck in "Cryptography for Dummies"

hehe... I'd give him a clue, but I shan't :drama:

I want that Jeep as much as he does, but I can't do the series just yet. Still, with the number of white Jeeps coming over the water in recent weeks, there'll be another one along soon even if he does get his Cornish head around those 5 Cryptology caches :ph34r::anitongue::ph34r: .

So where in Wiltshire did you place it Birdman? I cannot believe my bad luck, I visited two of Civilised's caches hoping that's where he may of dropped off Orson. No luck, then in the afternoon as I was logging the finds the message came through that Orson had been dropped at Baydon View! Four hours after I had found that cache. Great cache though, its a DVD exchange point! Not quite Blockbusters, but then McDonalds just started off as a farmer, eii, eii, o. Well that's what my grandaughter told me and she's four, so she would know!!

So Orson may well be there still in the NE of the County. In what direction is your one Birdman?

So from Ogie, Ogie, Ogie to Vroom, Vroom, Vroom, Mrs B. Already sent you congratulations, but for all to see, 'Congratulations' once again.

Gowenhouse having theirs snaffled by Cornwall, and now Civilised having theirs snaffled by Wales, us Moonrakers will have to guard our assets a lot more in the future. God forbid the Notherners and Jocks will be doing raids into Wiltshire next!

Royale's you laughing now as your almost neighbour has control of the White Jeep game plan, could be in Caldicot Castle by nightfall, who knows.

I object! Mrs B left an away notice in the chatroom which said she was "eating breakfast". It was a giant-sized fib! She was off snaffling the White Jeep - crunchy nut cornflakes didn't figure in the equation in the slightest.  B)  :P  :P

:lol: I was eating breakfast then ! We picked up the jeep about 10am...then home for brunch breakfast B) Then I took the jeep out for trials around Tintern and Abergavenny :D Mrs B

9 days to get a white jeep Stuey or you owe me a pint of Wiltshires finest ale.

Yeah I know Kevin.... lol..... I'm starting to fear for my wallet ;)

There's one just been dropped in Cornwall and I know exactly where it is... trouble is I can't "do a Mike" and go all the way there to get it ;)

I have faith... but what's the worst that can happen? You gain a pint out of it :huh:

9 days to get a white jeep Stuey or you owe me a pint of Wiltshires finest ale.

Yeah I know Kevin.... lol..... I'm starting to fear for my wallet ;)

There's one just been dropped in Cornwall and I know exactly where it is... trouble is I can't "do a Mike" and go all the way there to get it ;)

I have faith... but what's the worst that can happen? You gain a pint out of it :P

I could always help you out Stuey, still not released mine yet :huh:;)

South Wales or Cornwall! It's just become such a challenge now to get one of these blessed things, and to think they were within Wiltshire, once! A thirty minute hike across Cornish moor past creepy stones of old footballers, or wait till the weekend when everywhere is white with snow and have to climb up Blorenge Mountain or something just as testing. I'd just buy Kevin a pint Stuey! Who has the e-mail address of that American?? it's just got to be easiest. ;)

In the post to me Wadders!!! It's the only way it seems that I am going to achieve this quest. It must of still had a warm engine out there on that Cornish Moor it got grabbed so quick. Hope Mrs B is reading these and thinking very hard where she is going to park her White Jeep! We'll become like the paramedics soon rather than geocachers and park ourselves at strategic points, Motorway bridges and the such like with lap tops waiting!!! Where will it all end? For goodness sake its only an icon !!!! ;):huh:;)