White Jeep To Be Set Free In The Uk.

Gowenhouse

Just realised I hadn't checked my Icons, yesss its there one nice White Jeep. Lovely :D:D

Okay plans for the Jeep,

Will most probably grabbed by my daughter Demelza (Cornish Mouse), Grabbed back by me and then released into a Cornish Cache by next weekend.

Will ensure its far enough into Cornwall so the Devon lads have to wait a bit longer :D;):)

Really well deserved, super account of journey. When I saw that it had been FTF by the Molinnis Crew, I knew straight away that it would of been either a Cornish or Welsh Lifeboat crew with their lifeboat that found it due to the weather conditions. I must say that a few lifeboats were obviously in the race against you as well, did you see all those marroons going up !!!

Ogi, Ogie, Ogie, What is she on? Wales gets trashed by NZ, so she quickly lets us know that she is from Cornwall...................... Fair weather loyalty !! So the White Jeep will go around Cornwall & Devon for awhile now, that's nice, hopefully it may pass through Wiltshire again.

Congratulations again,

Have you seen all the notes on the actual cache site page!!

Damm sporting ! What happened to the Ogie, Ogie, Ogie then Mrs B? Incidentally did not expect many from Wales to have tried for the White Jeep in Wiltshire as they would of had to pay at least £4.50 to get home with it!! :rolleyes:

I'm sure the White Jeep would have been worth the £4.80 toll...but it was raining...and I had to do the ironing. (And Mr B had to watch the rugby...) (And, who knows, we might come across one next time we go down to Cornwall :P ....)

Mrs B

£4.80 !! Gosh I thought it was only £4.50, I'll have to start going to the Forest of Dean via Gloucester in future, must be a saving, and then come back over the bridge. When its not raining that is or her indoors has no more ironing to catch up on. In fact Devon is the next port of call, Doone Country caches I think.

Glad people are so excited re the jeep. Do people want me to say on the forums in future when one of our geocoins goes live with a new icon??? Will that create as much excitement as the jeep? Another 400m round trip perhaps? Do you dabble in coins Stuey? A pint (if we ever meet) says you don' have a white jeep by the start of December.

Do people want me to say on the forums in future when one of our geocoins goes live with a new icon??? Will that create as much excitement as the jeep? Another 400m round trip perhaps? Do you dabble in coins Stuey? A pint (if we ever meet) says you don' have a white jeep by the start of December.

I deleted all my virtual coins (that I am unable to actually see) from my profile, so I am now a collector of real icons only. That includes coins. My target after that will be one cache per county... that's going to take some doing!

You're on for the pint re the White Jeep.... and I'll be happy to try any of your finest Wiltshire real ales :D

I deleted all my virtual coins (that I am unable to actually see) from my profile, so I am now a collector of real icons only. That includes coins. My target after that will be one cache per county... that's going to take some doing!

You're going to delete every find but one in each county??!

That will take some doing, you've got every one in Devon haven't you?

You're going to delete every find but one in each county??!

That will take some doing, you've got every one in Devon haven't you?

oops.. forgot the "at least" one in every county :rolleyes: I'd hate to delete all my Devon logs bar one!

As for every one in Devon, nope.... there are still about 40 yet to get. Many of them are very long walks on Dartmoor. It would be nice to get them all, but with this many active cachers in the county it's a difficult target to reach.

There's 5001 Yellow Jeep TB's and just 5000 White Jeep TB's. They were released exclusively in the States as both sets of TB's have/had a competition to win a Jeep 4x4, which is /was exclusively only open to cachers based in the US. That's why so few have made it to these shores. It's a commercial sponsorship arrangement.

Dave

IC. Is the competition still running in USA? :laughing: If it has finished, I would have thought more jeeps would have migrated eastwards by now...rather like those yellow plastic ducks that are supposed to be drifting around in the ocean currents :o Mrs B