Whining Thread

IceCreamMan

How am I suppsed to get a GEO-COIN collection together and extras to trade when noone sells any they only want to trade. Unless you get on the original buy which it seems ive missed all them.

I ony have 2 coins in my collection ...................

J

You are free to offer me eBay prices on any extra coin in my collection. That's the only way I'll be able to buy some of those eBay only coins at eBay prices. ;)

How am I suppsed to get a GEO-COIN collection together and extras to trade when noone sells any they only want to trade.  Unless you get on the original buy which it seems ive missed all them.

J

You are free to offer me eBay prices on any extra coin in my collection. That's the only way I'll be able to buy some of those eBay only coins at eBay prices. ;)

I was thinking more like super deep Geocaching Groundspeak never this low discount price coins, so I could buy several and put them on EBAY..

JUST KIDDIN about the puttin them on ebay part. Id never do that, this is something for me and the kids to enjoy.

J

How am I suppsed to get a GEO-COIN collection together and extras to trade when noone sells any they only want to trade. Unless you get on the original buy which it seems ive missed all them.

J

Personally, the only way I see it as possible is to create your own "trader" coin. The idea of getting every coin out there will take huge dedication and deep pockets though.

However, you can make an edition of 100 coins for $350-$550 and at eBay prices -- that's like buying 2-20 coins online!

Here is what I want to whine about today.

When you have a coin made through a company then they charge you 185.00 to ship the coins to your house, then when they get to your house they are in a flat rate 7.70 box!!!! Fudging RIP OFF!

Well, that is shipping from the US. Maybe the shipping charge includes coming from China.

Here is what I want to whine about today.

When you have a coin made through a company then they charge you 185.00 to ship the coins to your house, then when they get to your house they are in a flat rate 7.70 box!!!!  Fudging RIP OFF!

Well, that is shipping from the US. Maybe the shipping charge includes coming from China.

Maybe....but 185.00?? I have mailed packages weighing much more than the coins did and it didn't cost me no 185.00 to overseas. Well 185.00 - 7.70= 177.30 to be exact.

J

I don't think you've missed them all. there are a lot of new ones coming out all the time. Each time there are a bunch of people who miss out and want to trade for the newer ones. It does take a lot of time on the forums to get in on them all.

How am I suppsed to get a GEO-COIN collection together and extras to trade when noone sells any they only want to trade.  Unless you get on the original buy which it seems ive missed all them.

J

Ha Ha ! you cant get any geocoins.

B)

;)

;)

B)

.......................................................................................Spoiler:click on the frogs

Edited by RustyBeerCan
While we're at it, I've got a message for the folks who made the Geowoodstock coins and the Colorado coins.  They need to get off their a** and buy a real icon for their coins. If they think they can just get by forever with a generic cent mark for an icon, they must not care very much.  The USA geocoins could use a better icon too. Really people, where's your pride???

:lol:

Gee!! They changed the Geowoodstock coin icon already! Whining really gets results! Guys, I was just kidding! But it looks great!!!

The shipping is for fedex 2-day service from overseas to the US Ladycacher... yeah, it's fudged some, but not by as much as you think. Supposidly the coins are shipped free to you from the vendor (of course we know that $8 or whatever is worked into the original shipping you were billed. So it's not free) Kind of reminds me of buying a car, lol. I negotiate my coin pricing, knowing they'll make up some of it in the shipping charges.

My whine for the day.... I hate being afraid to go out and cache for fear of missing coins sales while I'm gone :lol:

Edited by AtlantaGal
I want a Colorado Icon. :cool:

I might just design my own, print it, cut it, and stick it on my screen when I view my stats page.

I just can't scroll.

Hey, here's a crazy idea, how about we all chip in a buck each and buy the darn thing?

I'd even chip in a couple of bucks myself. :o

I want a Colorado Icon. :lol:

I might just design my own, print it, cut it, and stick it on my screen when I view my stats page.

I just can't scroll.

Hey, here's a crazy idea, how about we all chip in a buck each and buy the darn thing?

Send me the coin and I'll send you the buck.

My whine is that I quit looking at the general geocaching forums because of all the retarded drama there. Thankfully the geocoin forums don't have any of that drivel hinthint. :santa:

hehehe.... :santa:

On topic: Whining about missing the Dutch coins - so I'm looking for a trade in the other thread.

Suppose it's my turn to whine, though I try to be upbeat in the forums...

What's up with one side of the kvcoins flips being half-covered with self-promotional material? Do cachers who use kvcoins get a discount if they allow this advertising on them? Other flips come with "Made in China" stamped prominently on them. In both situations, I end up moving the coin to a new storage container.

I know it costs me just a few cents to swap the coins to a "clean" flip, but it strikes me as a waste of a good flip to have it printed on.

Suppose it's my turn to whine, though I try to be upbeat in the forums...

What's up with one side of the kvcoins flips being half-covered with self-promotional material? Do cachers who use kvcoins get a discount if they allow this advertising on them? Other flips come with "Made in China" stamped prominently on them. In both situations, I end up moving the coin to a new storage container.

I know it costs me just a few cents to swap the coins to a "clean" flip, but it strikes me as a waste of a good flip to have it printed on.

The "Made in China" label is on the outer, flimsy baggie that the flip is in for coins from coinsandpins.com.

Why are people still using KV coins?

My whine:

I am re-sending a 2-coin trade since the USPS decided not to deliver it :D

They can print whatever they want on those holders. IMHO they are garbage and are treated as such as soon as I get them. Since the manufacturers buy the cheapest holder they can find, we are receiving our coins in highly plasticized holders. They are easy to identify because they are very soft and pliable. If you leave your coins in those holders they will be covered with green slime within five years.

I immediately replace those with the much stiffer (un-plasticized) flips. They are archival quality and will not slime your coins. The only down side is that they are not pliable so when you try to shove that Vacman into one it will rip.