Whining Thread

IceCreamMan

You activating the coin I sold under the Delaware group's name after figuring which one was sold by my ebay location.

Obviously lots of people have issues with the coins sales on ebay, capitalism, free market, etc ....

But to deliberately activate a coin just to screw the buyer (and also the ebay buyer who had nothing to do with it) just, well, sucks. It's a breach of the paypal contract (if paypal was used to purchase) and probably should be reported to paypal.

When/if I make my ChileHead coin, I'd be thrilled to see somebody selling it for $50 on ebay (preferrably me though!). The fact that somebody is willing to pay big bucks for your coin says you've done a good job on it. It's a compliment.

All this geocoin stuff is going to settle in a couple of months, and the ebay market will eventually bring coins down to their original selling price. Then we can all stop whining and go out and do some caching, instead of sitting on our butts refreshing waiting for 7am when the East Jahunga coins go on sale. :laughing:

I have a whine, and not of any alchoholic version. What happend to the ability to use the search feature. This is what I get when I attempt to use the feature. I tried to search for the ordering thread for the GAA coins and was unable to locate it since I was unable to "search".

With as much activity that goes on with these coins this feature sure WAS nice. And yes I am logged in when I get this message, which only means one thing.the feature has been disabled.

I have a whine, and not of any alchoholic version. What happend to the ability to use the search feature. This is what I get when I attempt to use the feature. I tried to search for the ordering thread for the GAA coins and was unable to locate it since I was unable to "search".

With as much activity that goes on with these coins this feature sure WAS nice. And yes I am logged in when I get this message, which only means one thing.the feature has been disabled.

It's been disabled for a couple of days to try to solve some of the other forum problems. :laughing:

More info

It's been disabled for a couple of days to try to solve some of the other forum problems. :D

More info

Thank you for the link. I was sure that the issue had been addressed somewhere but was unable to "search" for it :laughing:

It's been disabled for a couple of days to try to solve some of the other forum problems. :laughing:

More info

Thank you for the link. I was sure that the issue had been addressed somewhere but was unable to "search" for it :D

Irony defined :P

Hey 2 dolphins, let me save you some time and fess up to what your whining about. Yes I sell coins on e-bay,No crime, I had my coins when I listed them-No crime.

You didn't have the New York coins when you listed them on eBay. I know because I hand delivered the 5 coins you ordered the day AFTER your 4th coin sold on eBay with the Buy It Now option.

I still delivered your 5 coins to you though - unactivated. I would have to agree that activating the coins they sold to you was a poor solution to this issue.

OK - Here's my whine.

Getting set up to mass-ship thousands of coins is a pain in the a**. Let's see, so far...

1) To make it easy for buyers, I had to be set up as a paypal merchant. This is nice as it can be used to manage sales, and I hope will save time. But, add $.30+3% overhead.

2) Buy several hundred bubble mailers. At least they're cheap ($.08)

3) Need an accurate scale to weigh packages - don't want to deal with the post office. $30.

4) Printing labels? Well, using paypal merchant I can pay for and print shipping labels for USPS. Yay! $.20 overhead. At least Delivery confirmation is cheap.

5) What to print the labels on? Got a thermal printer with several hundred feet of tape. $50 for the printer. $.20 per label. Could have used ink jet, but the label printer is FAST and integrates directly with paypal merchant.

So what's that - about $.50 for paypal + ~$.90 for USPS shipping and overhead + $.08 for the bag + $.20 for the label = $1.68 for shipping and overhead and that does NOT include TIME spent printing, packing, and hauling the packages to drop off.

Oh, and my office is turning into shipping central.

So don't be shocked when someone adds $2 to the cost of a coin to ship it to you!

$5 on ebay? Well that's just being greedy :o

I didn't charge "time" above (that was just OVERHEAD). That said I don't like it when people think that time has no cost.

I do this to create art and share that with fellow cachers. I spent a LOT of time on this - some designs take up to 40 hours to complete and another 20 hours to coordinate with the mint.

Trust me, my time is not "passed down" or charged - if it was the coins would cost $15 or $20 a piece. I do this because I enjoy it. But it also has a real and measurable cost. A lot of people seem to think that the cost of shipping is the price of a stamp. I'm pointing out that there is a lot more to it.

Hmmmmm....my Golden Dragon coins shipped earlier than expected. FedEx was at my house, but rather than leaving package, knocking on door etc., they left a door tag. Later when looking on their website, it says nobody home/business closed. Bull! I was here! $83 for expedited shipping and I'll still have to wait until Monday or later to get them...so about 4-5 days shipping and payed for 2 guaranteed?! Bet I won't see a refund on shipping :rolleyes:

OK I'm done whining :unsure:

Chaos A.D./aka Arlsdaddy Posted on Dec 17 2005, 09:00 PM

Hmmmmm....my Golden Dragon coins shipped earlier than expected. FedEx was at my house, but rather than leaving package, knocking on door etc., they left a door tag. Later when looking on their website, it says nobody home/business closed. Bull! I was here! $83 for expedited shipping and I'll still have to wait until Monday or later to get them...so about 4-5 days shipping and payed for 2 guaranteed?! Bet I won't see a refund on shipping 

You might ask Alanta Gal to make a couple calls for you :D

Has anyone seen the auction of the New York geocoin activation code and icon with NO coin?  How crazy is this?  You are only buying a icon and a tracking number.  Do people really know what they are bidding on?????

:P

I think that's against eBay policy too.........I got a thought I'll sell ya :lol:

I 'think' I'll pass on that one. ;)

Pity the fool who bids on that!  And how low is that to offer it up for bid?  It's been reported, since it probably does violate ebay's terms and it wouldn't be allowed on gc.com since it would be a virtual coin.

I would bet that it does not violate Ebay's terms. You can sell almost any thing (that is legal anyway) on ebay. I could sell you the serial number on my Mirowave if you were stupid enough to bid on it.

However GC.Com makes the rules in the world of Geocaching so if they are able to identify the person they could shut down that coin or even that person.

Edited by SunshineGang
I would like to add though while I have no problem with coins on ebay I was thinking about bidding the auction to find out who this is so that I could report him to GC.com. If they decided to they could deactivate his caching account or his bugs etc.

I don't see this in the same category as a virtual, and I don't see that gc.com would care about it.

It certainly doesn't violate any ebay rules that I know of. The seller was very clear what you were buying. It's no different than people selling cheat codes for games or pdf files of other material.

Personally, I actually like this auction only to see how crazed some buyers are!

(and no, it's not mine, but I do know whose it is)

Has anyone seen the auction of the New York geocoin activation code and icon with NO coin? How crazy is this? You are only buying a icon and a tracking number. Do people really know what they are bidding on?????

:ph34r:

It says right in the auction description to not bid to much on this beacuse you would be wasting your money....... :wub:;)

This is as crazy as people selling advertising space on their bodies and their souls....just plan silly. :blink:

Ok, I have had enough!

I set up a trade with two different people. I sent my coins to them and have not recieved the coin they promised. They have their coins and it's been quite some time now. I sent emails and PM's and they go unanswered. Either one: Send my coin back ASAP or Two: send the coin I was promised in trade.

If I do not here an email or PM ASAP I will post both your names and let other people know not to trade with you in my signature!

These two people know who they are. They should have countless emails and PM's from me. I am a trusted trader and buyer and do not feel like I or anybody else be treated this way.

Ok, I have had enough!

I set up a trade with two different people. I sent my coins to them and have not recieved the coin they promised. They have their coins and it's been quite some time now. I sent emails and PM's and they go unanswered. Either one: Send my coin back ASAP or Two: send the coin I was promised in trade.

If I do not here an email or PM ASAP I will post both your names and let other people know not to trade with you in my signature!

These two people know who they are. They should have countless emails and PM's from me. I am a trusted trader and buyer and do not feel like I or anybody else be treated this way.

OOHH,OOHH Names,Names,Names B)

Ok, I have had enough! 

I set up a trade with two different people.  I sent my coins to them and have not recieved the coin they promised.  They have their coins and it's been quite some time now.  I sent emails and PM's and they go unanswered.  Either one: Send my coin back ASAP or Two: send the coin I was promised in trade.

These two people know who they are.  They should have countless emails and PM's from me. I am a trusted trader and buyer and do not feel like I or anybody else be treated this way.

I will give them two days and then I will.

Ok, I have had enough! 

I set up a trade with two different people.  I sent my coins to them and have not recieved the coin they promised.  They have their coins and it's been quite some time now.  I sent emails and PM's and they go unanswered.  Either one: Send my coin back ASAP or Two: send the coin I was promised in trade.

These two people know who they are.  They should have countless emails and PM's from me. I am a trusted trader and buyer and do not feel like I or anybody else be treated this way.

You go girl B)B) !!!!

Ok, I have had enough!

I had to look in your list and make sure you had my coin already as I am pretty forgetful B)

Like I said the two people have emails and PM's from me so they know.

There is no need to email me asking if your the person. If you have not gotten emails and PM's from me asking "Where the h**l is my coin?", then your on my "good" list. B)

{I don't have a good list really, but I am about to make a s**t list!}

Ok, I have had enough! 

Wow..glad I didn't have any PM's when I got home as it can be hectic here too! B)

I feel like whining. I have three Quantumview Shipping notices that are going to other people. There is no information in the notice to determine what is being shipped. I received two going to NY and one to WA. Here I thought *I* was getting a coin. Congratulations to Webster NY and Woodinville, WA :lol:

Ok, I have had enough! 

OOHH,OOHH Names,Names,Names :lol:

From the forum guidelines:

Examples of posts that may be edited or deleted include posts containing profanity, chain letter and other spam postings, posts that disclose the tracking number codes for Groundspeak travel bugs or posts that reveal private information about another community member. Other examples are discussed in the guidelines below.

Some things to keep in mind when posting:

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Personal Attacks and Flames will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

It's the holiday season, shipping is slow. I have a woman in the office who sent out some things 4 weeks ago. People still have not received them. She started accusing the man at the post office of throwing them out because he's in the same business on the side. That's preposterous. Please have patience. If you post names I will have to delete them and then give you a warning since it's against forum guidelines to publicize private information about the forum users.

I set up a trade with two different people.  I sent my coins to them and have not recieved the coin they promised. 

Just wondering how often this happens to you frequent coin traders. Is this a rare occurrance in the GC community, or does it happen more often than you would like. Mailing coins to others in trade and not receiving my trade coins would definately cause some angst!!!!!

Alright I need some clarification, how is a cachers name private is there not a list of users that is made public here. Now if she posts the persons real name and address then that is one thing.

You are quoted as saying "If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated". Examples where given, the person has not responded to PM's or e-mails.

This isn't a matter of slow post office, this is a matter of not responding to numerous inquires that the person has sent requesting an answer to a simple question.

LadyCacher, please feel free to add me to that bulk e-mail you plan on sending out with the persons name, thank you for looking out for the rest of us coin addicts. I care not to trade with a person that does not come through with there end of the bargain or someone that does not respond to the e-mails or PM's.

Alright I need some clarification, how is a cachers name private is there not a list of users that is made public here. Now if she posts the persons real name and address then that is one thing.

You are quoted as saying "If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated". Examples where given, the person has not responded to PM's or e-mails.

This isn't a matter of slow post office, this is a matter of not responding to numerous inquires that the person has sent requesting an answer to a simple question.

LadyCacher, please feel free to add me to that bulk e-mail you plan on sending out with the persons name, thank you for looking out for the rest of us coin addicts. I care not to trade with a person that does not come through with there end of the bargain or someone that does not respond to the e-mails or PM's.

She said names. If she posts real names, I delete them. Plain and simple.

Does everyone have their spam blocker set to allow gc.com emails? Some folks never even get them. This probably isn't the case in ladycacher's situation since she had set up a trade with this person, but there have been so many instances of people saying they get no response, and then when they've gone and say, posted a note on the other person's cache page, they get a response saying 'sorry, I never got your emails.'

I will post their GC Nick because everybody knows them by that, they still trade and post daily here. I would not post real names anyway I know that against the rules.

They are getting my PM's (when this feature was working right) and emails. They were able to get them when we set up the trade and I have their personal emails also. There is no excuse for not sending my coin(s) to me. It is one thing to not have it anymore and tell me, but to ignore me all togather is wrong.

Also one of these people has had problems here before with other people and I am sure those people know who I am talking about.

One more thing, I know that one of the people still has their coin because they offer it for trade in the trading section almost everyday.

Also one of these people has had problems here before with other people and I am sure those people know who I am talking about..

ding-ding-ding

I know who that one is. That person owes several people coins right now (if that makes you feel any better). Glad I don't trade with that person.

Hey Damenace... you don't trade with this person either. So you're ok.

I feel that is Ladycacher posts the gc name of these people, especially the one that has several trades going bad, it is a service to the rest of us.

I am new here and have no idea who is a good trader and who is not. She is in no way flaming them or commiting slander if in fact the trades are bad.

The rest of the coin community has the right to know. Also the threat of being exposed and possible exclusion from the geocoin community could motivate the coin traders to hold up their end of the baragain. But with the moderators saying they will delete the name(s) of bad traders, then they have nothing to be held accountable for and will continue with making bad trade deal with unsuspecting geocoin people.

Just my opinion....

I feel that is Ladycacher posts the gc name of these people, especially the one that has several trades going bad, it is a service to the rest of us.

I am new here and have no idea who is a good trader and who is not. She is in no way flaming them or commiting slander if in fact the trades are bad.

The rest of the coin community has the right to know. Also the threat of being exposed and possible exclusion from the geocoin community could motivate the coin traders to hold up their end of the baragain. But with the moderators saying they will delete the name(s) of bad traders, then they have nothing to be held accountable for and will continue with making bad trade deal with unsuspecting geocoin people.

Just my opinion....

I totally agree with that ... thanks for telling!

But it's not a personal attack to state a fact. "I made a trade with cacher XYZ. They never sent their end of the trade. and never responded to emails or PMs."

Nothing negative was said about the cacher, simply a fact stated.

Windrose

P.S. I would also appreciate an email with their geo-names. There's no reason everyone on the list should have to learn the hard way not to trade with a person.

I set up a trade with two different people.  I sent my coins to them and have not recieved the coin they promised. 

Just wondering how often this happens to you frequent coin traders. Is this a rare occurrance in the GC community, or does it happen more often than you would like. Mailing coins to others in trade and not receiving my trade coins would definately cause some angst!!!!!

It's only happened to me once.

I have sent many trades out, long before the other party had their coins in-hand. I only had one instance where I didn't receive a coin in return. So, this problem is the exception and not the norm.

I should also note, that this issue has been resolved. Although I never got the coin I had traded for, the individual replaced the coin I had sent, at a considerably higher cost to themselves.

Just my opinion....

I also agree wholeheartedly. I am also a newbie who is trying to get some coins to even begin to have something to trade. Add me to your email list LadyCacher so my first trade doesn't go sour!