Whining Thread

IceCreamMan

My whine for the day is a 2000 Chateau Ste Michelle, Sauvignon Blanc.  After that who cares.

Come on! Nothing beats a good ol' bottle o' Boone's Farm!

:)

You sure you're not originally from Jersey? :) At least upstate NY - the Poughkeepsie area?

I prefer some Sterling Merlot - love that stuff!!!!

My whine is --- my UK coins still have not arrived! I am giving it until tomorrow before remaking contact with Alex. I hope mine weren't amongst the ones lost. They were mailed a week ago tomorrow. :D

So many coins on Ebay. So few for charity.

I hear you, believe me. I honestly wish I was in a financial position to be able to offer some of mine for charity. The problem is, my agreement at home is that I stay within my set budget for my coin hobby. I have gone way over that, and I am in hot water! I have started listing some extras on ebay just to try and balance things out a bit.

I did see you bid on one, and I do appreciate that.

There are a lot of great causes out there, and I hope to someday be able to have one of my auctions go to charity.

I have listed only two of my coins on ebay, one for charity and the other for a Soldier who was killed in Iraq.

I will never sell my coins to cover the cost of my geocoin purchases. If I have to list my geocoins on ebay to cover my spending then perhapes I should start collecting something else.

Just my opion and is no way, shape or form directed at anyone who uses this forum or who have posted notes in the forum. <_<

I have listed only two of my coins on ebay, one for charity and the other for a Soldier who was killed in Iraq.

I will never sell my coins to cover the cost of my geocoin purchases. If I have to list my geocoins on ebay to cover my spending then perhapes I should start collecting something else.

Just my opion and is no way, shape or form directed at anyone who uses this forum or who have posted notes in the forum. :mad:

It always helps when trades come in that were promised. I hate it when I send out a coin on good faith and end up with nothing in return.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, it's just my opinion. <_<

My whine is --- my UK coins still have not arrived! I am giving it until tomorrow before remaking contact with Alex. I hope mine weren't amongst the ones lost. They were mailed a week ago tomorrow.

Only one packet of coins was mailed to the wrong address. (Blame my wife - not me!!) and they are on their way to their rightful owner today.

It's just a matter of being patient. No EU coins whatsoever failed to arrive, although some took up to two weeks to get relatively short distances. So all the UK will arrive, but who knows when!!

My opinion now of the USPS having seen it in action a couple of times now is that it leaves a LOT to be desired. How it takes 4 days to get a first class envelope from Minnestoa to St Louis, but only 5 days to get one to London, I just don't know.

My whine is --- my UK coins still have not arrived!  I am giving it until tomorrow before remaking contact with Alex.  I hope mine weren't amongst the ones lost.  They were mailed a week ago tomorrow.

Only one packet of coins was mailed to the wrong address. (Blame my wife - not me!!) and they are on their way to their rightful owner today.

It's just a matter of being patient. No EU coins whatsoever failed to arrive, although some took up to two weeks to get relatively short distances. So all the UK will arrive, but who knows when!!

My opinion now of the USPS having seen it in action a couple of times now is that it leaves a LOT to be desired. How it takes 4 days to get a first class envelope from Minnestoa to St Louis, but only 5 days to get one to London, I just don't know.

New technology, they flip a coin and see which one goes first. <_<

I hate it when I send out a coin on good faith and end up with nothing in return.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, it's just my opinion. <_<

Don't you remember when you publicly demanded your coin back? Well in case you don't remember you thanked me for sending it back you.

Actually Roy, you never sent me your coin in an arranged trade. Then, I did publicly ask you to return my coin, which you said you would. That never happened either.

What really ticked me off is that you then sent me an email through ebay, with your ebay handle, and taunted me saying, "It's too bad you don't have one of my coins to sell, then you could really raise some money."

Poor form Roy. First you cheat me on a trade, and then you taunt me about it... :mad:

[Actually Roy, you never sent me your coin in an arranged trade. Then, I did publicly ask you to return my coin, which you said you would. That never happened either.

What really ticked me off is that you then sent me an email through ebay, with your ebay handle, and taunted me saying, "It's too bad you don't have one of my coins to sell, then you could really raise some money."

Poor form Roy. First you cheat me on a trade, and then you taunt me about it... :wacko:

Dave,

I'm pretty positive that you got you coin back because you emailed me and said thanks for sending you your coin back :)

I went ahead and a placed bid on your Cacher 4 Christ coin on ebay. I bid a considerable amount on the coin. If I win go ahead and keep the coin and the money :):(:):) . I will pay you by paypal

No hard feelings here.

[Actually Roy, you never sent me your coin in an arranged trade. Then, I did publicly ask you to return my coin, which you said you would. That never happened either.

Poor form Roy. First you cheat me on a trade, and then you taunt me about it... :)

Dave,

I'm pretty positive that you got you coin back because you emailed me and said thanks for sending you your coin back :)

I went ahead and a placed bid on your Cacher 4 Christ coin on ebay. I bid a considerable amount on the coin. If I win go ahead and keep the coin and the money :(:):):) . I will pay you by paypal

No hard feelings here.

Thanks for the gesture, but I didn't list any of my coins. :wacko:

I saw that coin there too, but somebody else has it for sale. :D

I did send you a note thanking you for agreeing to return my coin, but I never actually received it. If, however, you were under the impression that you sent it back, then I won't take your email through the ebay site as a taunt.

Anyway, this whole thing is starting to sound like a rehash of old business.

No hard feelings here either.

I totally agree with you here. I don't plan on selling any personal coin I mint (on ebay or otherwise, unless it is for a good cause). I personally think it is much more fun to trade than it is to buy anyway. :wacko:

--Marky

Just to let everyone know that I am not a hoarder of geocoins and out to rob anyone of their geocoins, I bought a geocoin off of ebay to give to Cornerstone4. I am paying over 20 dollars for a 5 dollar geocoin trade. I myself don't even own a personal geocoin from Dave. The current owner will be able to verify this. I also placed a bid on Cornerstone4's listed Kilted Kacher geocoin and am asking "Dave" to only accept my money for the coin and to place the coin in a cache and give it a chance to travel. I PMed Dave to request his mailing :wacko: address.

Edited by Cav Scout
Why are the German Geocoins in English?  That seems odd.

If GeoPirate and Husky are an example, Germans speak better English than most American cachers. (though I don't know how their English compares to their German)

According to my friends from Ireland and England we don't even speak English here in the U.S.. We speak American.

And we rarely proof-read our posts and email before hitting send :)

Why are the German Geocoins in English?  That seems odd.

If GeoPirate and Husky are an example, Germans speak better English than most American cachers. (though I don't know how their English compares to their German)

According to my friends from Ireland and England we don't even speak English here in the U.S.. We speak American.

And we rarely proof-read our posts and email before hitting send :)

LOL ya we don't like to proof read we just want to get it over with so we can read the next thing. :)

Edited by Mystery Ink

Can I whine about people whinning about the USPS??

Remember it's December and we all know what happens in December, right? LOTS of mail.

It does tend to slow things down a bit. Two guys in my family work for the USPS and one of them is working 6 day weeks, 10 hour days... Not complaining, just explaining.. :)

Edited by GBOTS

Guess I have to move this to the whining thread!

<vent>

Ok, we started sending out the coins on Monday and most people have not even received their coins yet, and some yahoo already has one up for sale on Ebay.

Could they have waited until everyone got their coin before they did this? It was obvious that this was the intention of the guy who bought this coin from the start.

People, have a little respect for the people who worked tirelessly to make this happen and give us a chance to get everyone a coin BEFORE you decide to sell yours!

My inbox is already filling up with "Ebay has theirs, where is mine!" mail, thanks a lot!

I hate ebay!

</vent>

I will find out who did this, and when I do, I will let you all know. Every coin we shipped is tagged by us, we know who got what coin.

Can I whine about people whinning about the USPS??

Remember it's December and we all know what happens in December, right? LOTS of mail.

It does tend to slow things down a bit. Two guys in my family work for the USPS and one of them is working 6 day weeks, 10 hour days... Not complaining, just explaining.. :lol:

GBOTS - We need to see at least one post from you each day, just so that we know that no-one in your family has "gone postal" before the holidays.

Stay safe.

Geocaching.com has rules somewhere about personal coins and GC tracking

about how much or how little profit wise someone can charge for there personal Geocoin.

I for one would like to see Similar Tracking Rules like that applied to All

"Official State" and "Geocaching Groups"

I'll gladly pay a buck or two extra per coin

to help support local and state Geocaching organizations .

Although I hate seeing a 400% mark up on a Offical State Geocoin that represents the Geocachers of that state

Plus I Dont like to see fellow Cachers being flamed because they try something different :)

Hoping we can all learn from what works best from what has been tried in the past

Go ahead and Flame Me! it is the whinning tread after all

~ Sticks and Stones may break my bones but names will never hurt Me ~ :lol:

BTW I have no problems with commercial Geocoins like Compass Rose, U.S.A, seven summits................ect

If they can sell them, then they just make somemore :lol:

Geocaching.com has rules somewhere about personal coins and GC tracking

about how much or how little profit wise someone can charge for there personal Geocoin.

I for one would like to see Similar Tracking Rules like that applied to All

"Official State" and "Geocaching Groups"

I'll gladly pay a buck or two extra per coin

to help support local and state Geocaching organizations .

Although I hate seeing a 400% mark up on a Offical State Geocoin that represents the Geocachers of that state

Plus I Dont like to see fellow Cachers being flamed because they try something different :lol:

Hoping we can all learn from what works best from what has been tried in the past

Go ahead and Flame Me! it is the whinning tread after all

~ Sticks and Stones may break my bones but names will never hurt Me ~ :)

BTW I have no problems with commercial Geocoins like Compass Rose, U.S.A, seven summits................ect

If they can sell them, then they just make somemore :lol:

Actually according to my discussions with TPTB at Groundspeak regarding the tracking of coins, they have removed this restriction completely.

They are going to let the market set the price of coins, and not monitor the selling prices themselves.

I made a phone call before I listed the gold screws for sale. I didn't want to violate any of the rules. I was told to go sell it for what I could.

Free enterprise.

(If I have mis-understood this in anyway, please let me know.)

Imagine!? Free enterprise. How will we ever survive with all of this freedom? Rather less all get along. A divided world will befall the geocaching community and wars will one day be fought over the possession of the geocoin relics. I heard Bush recently compiled 10 moun10bike version 1's and they will be kept in an underground vault at the white house until they are needed to keep peace throughout the world. This could be the end folks. The power to sell is upon us. Good Luck. :lol::)

Imagine!? Free enterprise. How will we ever survive with all of this freedom? Rather less all get along. A divided world will befall the geocaching community and wars will one day be fought over the possession of the geocoin relics. I heard Bush recently compiled 10 moun10bike version 1's and they will be kept in an underground vault at the white house until they are needed to keep peace throughout the world. This could be the end folks. The power to sell is upon us. Good Luck. :lol::lol:

ROFL :)

<vent>

Ok, we started sending out the coins on Monday and most people have not even received their coins yet, and some yahoo already has one up for sale on Ebay.

Could they have waited until everyone got their coin before they did this? It was obvious that this was the intention of the guy who bought this coin from the start.

People, have a little respect for the people who worked tirelessly to make this happen and give us a chance to get everyone a coin BEFORE you decide to sell yours!

My inbox is already filling up with "Ebay has theirs, where is mine!" mail, thanks a lot!

I hate ebay!

</vent>

I will find out who did this, and when I do, I will let you all know.  Every coin we shipped is tagged by us, we know who got what coin.

Ok, figured out who this person is.

His name (has been removed by moderator) , have no idea of his geocaching name.

2Dolphins

Edited by Eartha
While we're at it, I've got a message for the folks who made the Geowoodstock coins and the Colorado coins.  They need to get off their a** and buy a real icon for their coins. If they think they can just get by forever with a generic cent mark for an icon, they must not care very much.  The USA geocoins could use a better icon too. Really people, where's your pride???

I can't speak for Colorado, but as for the GW3 Icon, it is now the folks at Groundspeak who need to get off their butts. The graphics have been submited and the tribute paid. We now wait with the rest.

Well, I CAN speak for Colorado...but I'm not going further on a public comment for such a terrible post...just wait and be patient like the rest of us.

I love complaining as much as the next but I'd suggest monitoring the personal comments.

Edited by MrCOgeo

Well, it seems someone has purchased one of my coins, and has had it mailed to me. So, I will take this opportunity to list the coin I receive as a charity auction. I know it won't raise as much as most of the other charity auctions out there, but it will help me to put this episode behind me.

To put final closure to this, I placed the coin I purchased from this other individual for $8 or so up for bid. I listed it with a BIN price of $0.05 and free shipping. If you want it, go get it.

Edited by Cornerstone4

Well, it seems someone has purchased one of my coins, and has had it mailed to me. So, I will take this opportunity to list the coin I receive as a charity auction. I know it won't raise as much as most of the other charity auctions out there, but it will help me to put this episode behind me.

To put final closure to this, I placed the coin I purchased from this other individual for $8 or so up for bid. I listed it with a BIN price of $0.05 and free shipping. If you want it, go get it.

AHHH>> I was 2 seconds behind someone:

Transaction Blocked

Buy It Now is no longer available. Another user has already purchased this item with Buy It Now.

AHHH>> I was 2 seconds behind someone:

Transaction Blocked

Buy It Now is no longer available. Another user has already purchased this item with Buy It Now.

Already paid for it too! That means it will only cost me $0.55 to mail it now. :)

<vent>

I hate ebay!

</vent>

I will find out who did this, and when I do, I will let you all know.  Every coin we shipped is tagged by us, we know who got what coin.

Ok, figured out who this person is.

His name (has been removed by moderator), have no idea of his geocaching name.

2Dolphins

Now it is totally out of control as more have appeared on ebay. Let me explain that I don't care if you sell the coins once everyone gets theirs, but to sell them before everyone gets theirs causes me great grief. Also anyone using my pictures will be reported to ebay directly as I have given NO ONE permission to use my images of the coins for ebay sales.

Edited by Eartha
While we're at it, I've got a message for the folks who made the Geowoodstock coins and the Colorado coins.  They need to get off their a** and buy a real icon for their coins. If they think they can just get by forever with a generic cent mark for an icon, they must not care very much.  The USA geocoins could use a better icon too. Really people, where's your pride???

I can't speak for Colorado, but as for the GW3 Icon, it is now the folks at Groundspeak who need to get off their butts. The graphics have been submited and the tribute paid. We now wait with the rest.

Well, I CAN speak for Colorado...but I'm not going further on a public comment for such a terrible post...just wait and be patient like the rest of us.

I love complaining as much as the next but I'd suggest monitoring the personal comments.

Gee. I thought this thread was supposed to be about pet peeves and made the post in what I intended to be a good-natured, light-hearted manner. I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I apologize. Sorry. I'd delete it but I no longer have the option.

Now it is totally out of control as more have appeared on ebay. Let me explain that I don't care if you sell the coins once everyone gets theirs, but to sell them before everyone gets theirs causes me great grief. Also anyone using my pictures will be reported to ebay directly as I have given NOONE permission to use my images of the coins for ebay sales.

Happened to us, too. *shrug*

You get over it after a while. You put all the energy into making the coin then someone profits off it with a click. For our next batch I'm watermarking or ghosting an image over top.

Can't wait to get my coins in any event. Thank you for taking the time to have them made up.

Gee. I thought this thread was supposed to be about pet peeves and made the post in what I intended to be a good-natured, light-hearted manner. I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I apologize. Sorry. I'd delete it but I no longer have the option.

No apology necessary but it is appreciated.

Just to reiterate:

1) if I can offer any advice try and be patient

2) I myself appreciate complaining and constructive criticism but it's such a personal slant in the post that can cause a reactionary response

3) a winky :lol: and/or :lol: goes a long way

Cyber case closed :)

Now it is totally out of control as more have appeared on ebay.  Let me explain that I don't care if you sell the coins once everyone gets theirs, but to sell them before everyone gets theirs causes me great grief.

so how is the Ebayer suppose to know when everyone else has gotten thier coins? :P

so is there a grace period that the Ebayer should wait before he Should list your coins? :laughing:

By the way whose coins are they? :D

Hey 2 dolphins ,let me save you some time and fess up to what your whining about. Yes I sell coins on e-bay,No crime, I had my coins when I listed them-No crime. You activating the coin I sold under the Delaware group's name after figuring which one was sold by my ebay location. Whos at fault now, You got some nerve of doing that to my coin. Dont try to tell me it was part of your coin lot to put in caches because the way you titled the coin as #666 is a little different then #15 Arizona. How am I going to know if every body on your mailing list got there coins? What are you going to do now that other people are selling Delaware coins, you going to activate theres also. Two wrongs dont' make a right. :laughing: