Whining Thread

IceCreamMan

Why don't you list the remaining coins you have on E-bay. Slight increase in price to cover costs but it is up to you to get it to the buyer. Make sure you put a buy it now price on and make sure your P+H is correct.

All people who have coins on hand should do the same. You should always list your excess coins as soon as you have them in hand. ie before you begin posting them thus counteracting the buy for e-bay people and getting those e-bay buyers money into your hands. I am sure they will aprreciate good coins at good prices.

Edited by BelKen

Ok, here is my whine for the day.

(I could really use a thread with a stronger word than "whine", but I'll take what I can get.)

While I don't begrudge anyone for selling coins on ebay, I do have a problem with misrepresentation!

I just saw a bikedog coin that recently sold on ebay. In the auction listing, it stated that this coin was "sold out"!!!

In fact, this coin is not sold out, and we have several left for sale.

This was taking money out of a grieving daughters trust fund as far as I am concerned...

That is so wrong.

Here's my whine: I recently joined a geocoin 'club' (I won't mention any names) where you get a coin and a pin every month (great so far). I went to the website to check it out a couple weeks later and there is not even a REFERENCE to a coin club. If I have problems or want to cancel, how do I do that when they don't have a page to go to? I wrote them an e-mail addressing the issue and I am still waiting for an answer. I'm a little nervous because they have my debit card number and I have no way to cancel if I want to. By the way, I'm still waiting on my first coin and pin and it's been almost a month now.

Here's my whine: I recently joined a geocoin 'club' (I won't mention any names) where you get a coin and a pin every month (great so far). I went to the website to check it out a couple weeks later and there is not even a REFERENCE to a coin club. If I have problems or want to cancel, how do I do that when they don't have a page to go to? I wrote them an e-mail addressing the issue and I am still waiting for an answer. I'm a little nervous because they have my debit card number and I have no way to cancel if I want to. By the way, I'm still waiting on my first coin and pin and it's been almost a month now.

I Dug this out of My email folder :lol:

If you would like to cancel this subscription, log in to your PayPal account and

go to the "History" subtab of the "My Account" tab. Choose "Subscriptions" from

the pull-down "Show" menu and press the "Submit" button. Choose this

subscription, and click on its "Details" link. You will be taken to a

Transaction Details page from which you may cancel your subscription. Cancelling

your subscription will immediately stop all future scheduled payments for this

subscription.

Sincerely,

PayPal

My Whine is "I dont like reading long boring quotes" :o

:laughing:

I'm a little nervous because they have my debit card number and I have no way to cancel if I want to.

If this was done via a paypal subscription, then they (the coin and pin club) don't have your debit card number. And if so, you can cancel using the instructions Rusty posted above.

--Marky

Sometimes it seems like everyone's one to tease me with cool coins in my area...

I see coins getting dropped in local caches - usually harder multis or puzzles - and then do my best to solve the waypoints (which consider I'm alone in the quest and I don't have a car, can take some time), but it seems that the coins have been nabbed just before I can get to them. GCM682 is a prime example because I had to revisit one of the previous caches to get nessecary info, then another of the pieces took two days to finish. The day before I would've visited there, the coin was nabbed. Actually, an Absolute coin was there previous, which I wanted too, but it's still in someone's hands.

If the snatching of the coins wasn't bad enough, the coins that I watch - the ones that started in nearby caches that I could get - tend to travel way out of my area. *grumps*

Sometimes it seems like everyone's one to tease me with cool coins in my area...

I see coins getting dropped in local caches - usually harder multis or puzzles - and then do my best to solve the waypoints (which consider I'm alone in the quest and I don't have a car, can take some time), but it seems that the coins have been nabbed just before I can get to them. GCM682 is a prime example because I had to revisit one of the previous caches to get nessecary info, then another of the pieces took two days to finish. The day before I would've visited there, the coin was nabbed. Actually, an Absolute coin was there previous, which I wanted too, but it's still in someone's hands.

If the snatching of the coins wasn't bad enough, the coins that I watch - the ones that started in nearby caches that I could get - tend to travel way out of my area. *grumps*

You just have to be persistent. We dropped a coin in a cache sunday afternoon, and someone else picked it up before we even got a chance to record our drop! So they weren't actively hunting for a coin in that cache, they just got lucky.

Some people run frequent PQs just looking for tbs/coins in caches which can make it hard for others to also try to find them. I do often try for some of the coins to help them move, though if it is a cache I've been to before, I will trade coin for coin, or wait around a week after it was dropped before going for it.

I use PQs to help locate where the caches with coins are, but I always trade coin-for-coin and tb-for-tb, so coin finders aren't entirely disappointed. Most of the people around here just snatch the coin and move it somewhere, depriving myself or others the chance to get it when finding the cache.

What makes it worse is that there are at least four people in the general area that regularly buy/release coins, but trying to get them is really tough because someone always seems to get there first.

I use PQs to help locate where the caches with coins are, but I always trade coin-for-coin and tb-for-tb, so coin finders aren't entirely disappointed. Most of the people around here just snatch the coin and move it somewhere, depriving myself or others the chance to get it when finding the cache.

What makes it worse is that there are at least four people in the general area that regularly buy/release coins, but trying to get them is really tough because someone always seems to get there first.

In my opinion:

Since TBs and Coins are NOT regular trade items, I don't always trade for them if I can help it on its mission. They should be travelling so if you can help it along there isn't any reason not to pick it up. I usually try and place them in caches that get relatively decent traffic, but don't appear to me as likely to get muggled. I also try and drop them off again in a couple days. If I was trading one for one I sometimes would end up holding onto it for many weeks.

[if they are in a TB hotel or Coin cache where there is a trade rule though I will generally follow that as long as it is reasonable. I have rescued afew TBs that no one had taken for a long time in some of the hotels.]

If I'm on a coin hunt I will preview my query before heading out, around here it isn't very often that you will get multiple finds in a day on a cache if it isn't a new one, unless there is an event in the area.

I Dug this out of My email folder :rolleyes:

If you would like to cancel this subscription, log in to your PayPal account and

go to the "History" subtab of the "My Account" tab. Choose "Subscriptions" from

the pull-down "Show" menu and press the "Submit" button. Choose this

subscription, and click on its "Details" link. You will be taken to a

Transaction Details page from which you may cancel your subscription. Cancelling

your subscription will immediately stop all future scheduled payments for this

subscription.

Sincerely,

PayPal

My Whine is "I dont like reading long boring quotes" :huh:

:unsure:

My new whine is people assuming something I didn't say and then giving me a solution to a problem I don't have! I didn't say I paid via PayPal. I will check that out in case I in fact paid in that manner. I did get an e-mail that gave me the URL but there is still no way to cancel a subscription from there. Whenever a website makes it difficult or impossible to contact them, I get nervous they are hiding something. I'll give it a couple months and see how it works. So how was that for a long, boring response to a long boring response?

My new whine is people assuming something I didn't say and then giving me a solution to a problem I don't have! I didn't say I paid via PayPal. I will check that out in case I in fact paid in that manner. I did get an e-mail that gave me the URL but there is still no way to cancel a subscription from there. Whenever a website makes it difficult or impossible to contact them, I get nervous they are hiding something. I'll give it a couple months and see how it works. So how was that for a long, boring response to a long boring response?

Unless you specially requested some other payment option, there wasn't any option given other than PayPal that I recall.

I have an e-mail from paypal subject is:

Subscription Receipt for Geoswag Geocoin and Pin Club (shows qty per month after that)

that came from:

service@paypal.com

It contains contact info for the subscription, plus info on cancelling your subscription.

This is at least the 2nd time I have come to this thread only to be inundated with SOLUTIONS. This is the WHINING thread!! If you want to solve problems take it offline! Geez.

This is a good point. If the whinning doesn't take place here, where it belongs, guess where it ends up.

My take of Rubiconlwb's whine was that there is no link to the club from the store front. Though offering a solution might be nice, it doesn't change the fact that there is still no link.

I had to find a previous thread with the url a club as I had deleted the email I received about it and wanted to look for a shipping date. Now I have both the store front and the club bookmarked. It would be a little more simple if I could get from one to the other with out using bookmarks.

:lol: Well, with a little help from my friends and a whole lot of exploring I finally came up with all the information that I need to make me less nervous! I indeed set up a subscription in PayPal which I found. I see where I can cancel that subscription on PayPal but that is not what I was told when I signed up. It simply says that one can 'cancel their subscription at any time'. They fail to mention you cannot do that from their site, you HAVE to do it via PayPal. I also have the club site bookmarked so I can go there and I NOW know how to cancel the subscription if need be. As I said, I'm much less nervous, vastly more educated but still not totally satisfied. I have created a number of personal as well as a couple commercial websites and know the importance of making navigation easy. If there is an area you want people to utilize, you have to make it easy for them to find and to return to. I was notified a couple days ago that my first coin is on it's way so I am anxious to see what it looks like and I will proceed from there. I was really hoping to get the 'ghost' coin (looks like the virtual cache icon) but looks like I missed out on it (now do you know which club I am referring to?). Thanks for the help of a couple people and the understanding of a couple others, I'm back on track now! :anibad:

New whine... though actually fairly aged.

Why is it that now per-orders have become such a problem? It had been that someone would design a coin, take pre-orders (with $) and within about a month we would all have our coins in hand. Now we have a frequently used coin store that is handling it, and it now seems to take at least 6weeks, many times longer than that.

I would think that a coin store would be well able to handle these orders in a much timelier fashion, including actually getting the coins in hand before selling (I know one does) they certainly should have the $$ to do that by now.

The short answer: because the buyers are willing to let them get away with it.

Same reason coins are going for $10+ and LEs are ok to sell at 50% higher than the regular edition.

If nobody bought until the coin was in hand, this wouldn't be a problem.

Sorry PDX, I know this is for whining only, not answers! :anibad:

I've not been buying much of anything from the one place...

and not any LEs anywhere that are more than about $1 extra. And then usually only to use as traders, unless I like it better than the regular, though most times the regular is the better looking coin. But that is another whine :anibad:

I also don't believe I've done many at $10 + shipping either. I think the spinning coin is the only one, and I'm sure that had a much higher cost than those others.

Now we have a frequently used coin store that is handling it, and it now seems to take at least 6weeks, many times longer than that.

I think I can let kealia slide on this, for now.

My whine: why can't I read the sentence as intended the first time, instead of the third time :) . Why would there be a used coin store handling sales?

In my tax refund I got a notice about the 2006 US Treasurey American Eagle 1oz Silver proof. 27.50 or so plus shipping. This is straight from the Treasurery. This isn't too far out of whack with the Silver 1oz Geocoins. Proof coins cost more than bullian coins but bullion coins are only available through dealers.

I am not a coin expert but I found this Proof Coin that looks identical to the one above.

http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/auct...09890&cid=77057

Only 99 bucks and it comes wiht an uglier presentaiton case. :)

In my tax refund I got a notice about the 2006 US Treasurey American Eagle 1oz Silver proof. 27.50 or so plus shipping. This is straight from the Treasurery. This isn't too far out of whack with the Silver 1oz Geocoins. Proof coins cost more than bullian coins but bullion coins are only available through dealers.

I am not a coin expert but I found this Proof Coin that looks identical to the one above.

http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/auct...09890&cid=77057

Only 99 bucks and it comes wiht an uglier presentaiton case. :)

The second coin is a graded coin and in a more pristine condition, thus the difference in the price. I'm not a coin expert either but do collect a few coins like that and know that the '70' indicates it is a near perfect coin which is pretty rare in comparison to the standard proofs.

The folks at Mount Bethel are my favorite vintners. I especially enjoy the "Big Daddy" port and all the jokes that can be made with it.

I'm really upset that people are getting distracted by all this geocoin nonsense. It's been months since anyone's e-mailed me to tell me that I'll be the downfall of geocaching.

Why is no one chastising me for my seeking permission from land owners/managers to hide a cache? Is it my fault for being more concerned about completing the coursework for my Master's than being FTF? Surely I am no longer receiving hate e-mails because my fellow cachers realize that I have yet to get my grubby little paws on a geocoin of my own.

HaHa unsuspecting fools... I just got 2 in and have 3 more on the way.

Soon, I will be destroying geocoins for all of geocaching by observing all guidelines for geocoins currently in place. I can't wait for my hate mail to start.

:D canoe_goddess

...The second coin is a graded coin and in a more pristine condition, thus the difference in the price. I'm not a coin expert either but do collect a few coins like that and know that the '70' indicates it is a near perfect coin which is pretty rare in comparison to the standard proofs.

Having done some more digging on coins in general I do believe you may be right. I was looking at another coin and it takes about a 60 to be worth looking at and 65 for the type of detail I'd like to see on a consistant basis. The difference in price for that coin between the two grades is about 200.00.

Why do I have to go to a bunch of different sites and give out my e-mail to activate my coin? Can't the company just put it on the envelope my coins came in?!

Great on topic post!

Having "just" put the tracking numbers on hundreds of coins personally, I can tell you that the reason it is done the other way because it is much, much, much easier. When you do your own coin, you can put the labels on the coins and then you'll understand.

Why do I have to go to a bunch of different sites and give out my e-mail to activate my coin? Can't the company just put it on the envelope my coins came in?!

Because then someone might actually have to look at each and every coin... and the bad ones and make a decision if it should be sent out or replaced... also might find those duplicate tracking number ones (and know which tracking number was missed)

I really appreciate the extra effort when the tracking number is with the coin, or even if they are all attached to one card for multiple coins. ooops... that part wasn't a whine ;)

What's up with TodaysCacher dot com? I ordered a membership and some extra magazines, only to be shorted of my order. I have sent three emails, and not one reply! What a ripoff, at least reply and tell me I got hosed.....geeze!

This is the first I've heard of it, but I'll be happy to try and help you.

You've got email.

What's up with TodaysCacher dot com? I ordered a membership and some extra magazines, only to be shorted of my order. I have sent three emails, and not one reply! What a ripoff, at least reply and tell me I got hosed.....geeze!

This is the first I've heard of it, but I'll be happy to try and help you.

You've got email.

Thanx Doc...maybe it was a website issue as when I sent emails it didn't open my email..it goes through the site. You have mail2 :grin:

I tell you what I hate... :D

Getting coins and not knowing which site to get the activation code!!

Did that just last night!

Spent 20 minutes looking around on the different activation sites and waiting for emails to only find nothing for a couple of coins I got! :D

Ticked off, I tossed them across the desk to realize there was a little slip of paper in the flip behind the Coins & Pins insert.

Guess what!?! :)

The missing activation codes!! :D

When I pulled the coins out of the shipping envelope, they were coin side up. I flipped the coin side of the flip to see the other side and I didn't even bother to look at the backside of the insert side of the flip.

I tell you what else I hate...

I hate it when I'm stooopid!! :)

:grin::):D

D-man :D

A new whine...

Why can't I edit my posts after a day? I shouldn't to need to make a new post in the trade thread to show that I don't need a particular trade anymore, or that a coin isn't available anymore.

(yes I know this really belongs in the website thread, and I'll go there as well. just that I already had some cheese and needed the whine to go with it B) )

I tell you what I hate... B)

Getting coins and not knowing which site to get the activation code!!

Did that just last night!

Spent 20 minutes looking around on the different activation sites and waiting for emails to only find nothing for a couple of coins I got! B)

Ticked off, I tossed them across the desk to realize there was a little slip of paper in the flip behind the Coins & Pins insert.

Guess what!?! :lol:

The missing activation codes!! B)

When I pulled the coins out of the shipping envelope, they were coin side up. I flipped the coin side of the flip to see the other side and I didn't even bother to look at the backside of the insert side of the flip.

I tell you what else I hate...

I hate it when I'm stooopid!! :(

B)B):P

D-man :D

Hey...at least you're honest :lol:

The E-mails from Paypal bite :laughing:

Shipment Tracking and Order Status Provided for Transaction ID: (Routing Code: C840-L###-Q-T)

What kind of B.S. is that?

They never tell me what is being shipped.

I darn sure don't click on any of the links they send me, there is way too much SPOOF hitting my E-mail box :laughing:

I want to whine about all the people who cry about people selling coins that they pre-ordered before they've received them. I'm tired of it and come to think of it, why don't you guys cry and whine about those who trade a coin that they've pre-ordered and yet to receive?

---Whine Over---

My whine for the day is:

The weather is perfectly beautiful!! It's 83° ;)

AND I AM STUCK AT HOME!! <_<:huh:

The wife had to have our only vehicle to help my mom set up for a HUGE 50th Wedding Anniversary party that we are catering tomorrow afternoon! :)

D-man :huh:

Here's mine.

I normally work 0730-1600.

I'm on 12 hours shifts this weekend, 0000-1200!!

If I go out, I'll go to sleep in the friggin' woods, and it's been Raining off and on all day.

For me it's the weather. Here in California we should be the 70's right now with no rain. In the month of March we has 20+ days of rain and it is still raining. We will get a small 2 or 3 day brake form the rain but the more rain next weekend, and the bad part is I am putting on a event with 200+ people the was to be outside. I hope the storm will hold off.

Richard

I got a new whine.

I am whining because of people who turn trade a trade offer for a geocoin that I have only to ask for the same coin that you offered from someone else for the same coin your looking for.

I'm whining because I can't understand the above post...

Really, I've read it 4 times, and I still don't get it. :ph34r: