Whining Thread

IceCreamMan

I though we could use a separate area for whining, b****ing moaning and complaining about geocoin related stuff. You know, coins on Ebay, trading snafus, selling vs trading. All that stuff. That way we can keep it out of the other threads so the rest of us don't have to waste time on it. Thus freeing up more time for caching.

(edited for language content)

Edited by Eartha

Cool! I was just going to start a thread about "Thinking about thinking about a geocoin design" I would then post nothing relevent and let people pre-order a coin that doesn't exist. After about 400 posts I'll submit three or four designs over a 4 month period all the while pre-orders come in. After about a year or so I'll produce the coin and start another thread for payments and then 6 months later I'll finalize my design for production and it will be ready for shipping in another 6 months. Like it ? :(

Or maybe I'll just say the "G" word and watch the pre-orders come in......... :(

While we're at it, I've got a message for the folks who made the Geowoodstock coins and the Colorado coins. They need to get off their a** and buy a real icon for their coins. If they think they can just get by forever with a generic cent mark for an icon, they must not care very much. The USA geocoins could use a better icon too. Really people, where's your pride???

:(

While we're at it, I've got a message for the folks who made the Geowoodstock coins and the Colorado coins. They need to get off their a** and buy a real icon for their coins. If they think they can just get by forever with a generic cent mark for an icon, they must not care very much. The USA geocoins could use a better icon too. Really people, where's your pride???

Word....

It's like buying a BMW with a 2 cylinder engine or a 2WD Hummer......come on get the upgrade and do it right!

Yay, a place for me to finally say this without being rude! I hope that at some point all of you people who order coins in a thread that's not even for ordering coins get royally ripped off. Learn to read the entire thread before you post plzkthxbye. That goes for people who say "I'll take 2 coins" weeks after they're sold out, too. :D:(:D

Edit: I thought it would be a good idea to add that I wont be ripping anyone off. :(

Edited by Vargseld? ™
While we're at it, I've got a message for the folks who made the Geowoodstock coins and the Colorado coins.  They need to get off their a** and buy a real icon for their coins. If they think they can just get by forever with a generic cent mark for an icon, they must not care very much.  The USA geocoins could use a better icon too. Really people, where's your pride???

Word....

It's like buying a BMW with a 2 cylinder engine or a 2WD Hummer......come on get the upgrade and do it right!

I do believe Colorado was the first State geocoin to be trackable on geocaching.com

And fancy Icons might not have been an option back then.

I for one feel very lucky that a local cacher put in all the work to make Colorado the first state to have a geocoin trackable on geocaching.com :(

Maybe in 2006 we will get a Cooler icon :D

While we're at it, I've got a message for the folks who made the Geowoodstock coins and the Colorado coins.  They need to get off their a** and buy a real icon for their coins. If they think they can just get by forever with a generic cent mark for an icon, they must not care very much.  The USA geocoins could use a better icon too. Really people, where's your pride???

Word....

I do believe Colorado was the first State geocoin to be trackable on geocaching.com

I for one feel very lucky that a local cacher put in all the work to make Colorado the first state to have a geocoin trackable on geocaching.com :(

You mean a Can "Cooler" ? :D

Yay, a place for me to finally say this without being rude! I hope that at some point all of you people who order coins in a thread that's not even for ordering coins get royally ripped off. Learn to read the entire thread before you post plzkthxbye. That goes for people who say "I'll take 2 coins" weeks after they're sold out, too. :D:D:D

Edit: I thought it would be a good idea to add that I wont be ripping anyone off. :(

Or how 'bout those who post in the thread that they paid! What the.....? :(

Word....

I think the Colorado coin is great too. However, just 15 minutes on Photoshop and a picture of the state flag and, voila!, a great icon to match a great coin!

This is the whining thread. Let's be sure to stay on topic! Everybody discard their rose colored glasses.

Or how 'bout those who post in the thread that they paid!  What the.....?  :(

That's helpful to the seller to match up payments with folks on the list/who where invoiced, IMO

Man, you folks are rough.

Invoices, lists, threads, payments sent, I'll take two......ARRGH!!! {Head Spinning}

What ever happened to the NO MONEY NO COIN business ? :(

This whining feels good.....could this qualify as therapy ?

BTW AtlantaGal...love the new chunk o' metal you designed.

I can't speak for Colorado, but as for the GW3 Icon, it is now the folks at Groundspeak who need to get off their butts. The graphics have been submited and the tribute paid. We now wait with the rest.

ok, as long as we are whining.... how about the people who claim they are only going to make xx# of a certain coin and then make twice as many?? I understand in some circumstances this is necessary (like the Georgia Peach) But when the only reason you buy a coin is because of it's ultra limited availability and then they go and double that number it really ticks me off! :(

hehehe...my post was somewhat tongue in cheek...however,

I'm talking about the ones that charge 3.00- 5.00 and dont use any special services like priority or delivery confirmation. They just send it first class mail that only costs 60 cents to mail.

Now lets be extra nice to my employer the USPS... :(

Ok, I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates paying for coins and not seeing any of them for at least 2 months if not more. I have so many paypal receipts in my email it fills up the first page. I'm not bragging about how many I have bought because I know the coin craze has gotten out of hand for many people. Then, having to go back to the paypal receipt now and then to look up on the sight to whats going with the mailing of these coins.

I'm talking about the ones that charge 3.00- 5.00 and dont use any special services like priority or delivery confirmation. They just send it first class mail that only costs 60 cents to mail.

Now lets be extra nice to my employer the USPS... ;)

My next coins will all be shipped out LTL (truck freight) in a protective crate. $100 + $50 crate fee

B)

I love the usps, really I do (please mr. postman, bring me some geocoins)

Now lets be extra nice to my employer the USPS... ;)

you think thats bad -be glad you are not in the uk

one state coin charged 12$ and then sent it in a $5 Global Priority envelope

B)

You know who you are

Bob

one state coin charged 12$ and then sent it in a $5 Global Priority envelope

;)

You know who you are

Bob

Name 'em and shame 'em, Bob.

Shipping on the first batch of EU coins was $1.00 which I thought was pretty reasonable.

I paid insurance without extra charge on orders of more than 10 and gave a few of the coin clubs free shipping. So my conscience is clear.

Alex.

Hey Postal whiners!

I am a stamp collector, but do not work for the post office in any way.

Many times I have had to wait in line behind someone complaining about the cost of postage, the speed of delivery, etc, etc.....

I have one word for these people...... WALK! ;)

I still think it's amazing we can send a package 3000 miles in less than 10 days! Most often in 3-6 days.

How am I suppsed to get a GEO-COIN collection together and extras to trade when noone sells any they only want to trade. Unless you get on the original buy which it seems ive missed all them.

I ony have 2 coins in my collection ...................

J

or, everyone with trading lists already have every coin, so none of my extra would be one that they want...yet, there are so many that I would like...