Thinking About Having A Coin Made.

CacheHunters42

After getting bitten by the Geocoin bug, I've been working on a design for my own personal coin. Having one manufactured is no small expense. I'm looking to see if enough people would purchase my coin.

They would of course be trackable at Geocaching.com. I think I can do this for $8.00 a coin and $1.50 - $2.00 for shipping.

If you are interested please post the number of coins here so I can see if I should proceed.

1e8d091d-8215-48a2-b578-468b463793cb.jpg

d0cfb6b6-f9bd-481a-909f-bbec3928fb0a.jpg

Edited by CacheHunters42
After getting bitten by the Geocoin bug, I've been working on a design for my own personal coin. Having one manufactured is no small expense. I'm looking to see if enough people would purchase my coin.

They would of course be trackable at Geocaching.com. I think I can do this for $8.00 a coin and $1.50 - $2.00 for shipping.

If you are interested please post the number of coins here so I can see if I should proceed.

Remember - if they are trackable on geocaching.com you can ONLY sell them for COST. You can't mark them up at all or geocaching.com will delete your tracking numbers.

Just something to be aware of when setting pricing.

Well the last time someone was looking for ideas on making a coin I didn't post, since I was looking for additional information to be posted and I missed out on ordering the coin.

Thrak has a very good point about pricing since your price does seem a little steep, of course sign me up I will still by one ;) .

I also need help on how to add a picture of the coin to this post.

To post a pic in these forums you need to first upload the image somewhere on the internet. You can just upload an image to one of your old geocache logs if you don't mind the pic popping up on your log for awhile.

To get it to appear in a reply:

>click the IMG Button while posting a response.

>A box with pop-up requesting that you input a URL for an image

>Input the URL of your image,(if you don't know it...open the log that you have the pic in, in a different web browser and right-click>select properties...the URL will be in there)

>Click OK

Here's a pic from your gallery I got by the above method:

51d380c4-852b-48f8-ab1f-3868ce0870a0.jpg

Remember - if they are trackable on geocaching.com you can ONLY sell them for COST. You can't mark them up at all or geocaching.com will delete your tracking numbers.

Just something to be aware of when setting pricing.

I did not think you could sell them at all if they have GC logo or tracking numbers?

am I wrong?

I'll be sending the artwork to the minter this week. Coins will be $5.50 - $6.00 each.

Shipping will be based on number of coins ordered 1-4 $2.50, 5-8 $5.00, 9-15 $7.50.

Insurance is extra.

Orders of more than 15 will be calculated based on weight.

Pay-pay credit card orders will be charged a 3.5% fee which will cover fees that pay-pal charges me when you use a credit card. I'm just trying to break even!

I will be selling 150 coins.