Military Geocachers

Gordonchoad24

Hey Gordon,

Being military, we have to often initiate things that didn't previously exist. I am stationed at Bagram AB. Luckily for me there were 3 caches here when Marinerfan turned me onto Geocaching. I am proud to say that since April of 05 there are now 8 caches at Bagram. The base is only about 3x1 miles in size. I created 3 and the other 2 have been created by others.

I think the problem is that the rules for Geocaching mention not placing caches on military installations. However, the rule really applies to stateside bases. So people see that there are no caches on your base and figure the rule applies. The caches in Afghanistan are all on bases. So unfortunately my best recommendation is to create a couple on your base and hopefully others will follow suit like we did here at Bagram AB. Besides, your cache will be the first on whatever base you are at.

Hell, for that matter I would name it along those lines. Arifjan's First or As Saleems First, etc.

Another thing that you provide by doing this allowing military personnel who are transient through there to have acces to them. Unlike the one's listed for Kuwait that are off post and may not be accessible to military folks. Good luck and happy huntin' SFC Harskjold 234th FAD (Airborne) :o