It's Finally Here...

Moun10Bike

No No No! You have it all wrong!

The design is clearly intended to simulate the rays of the sun, literally. What happened was that M10B had commissioned to have each coin contain a small nuclear core that would fire up and make the coin literally "shine". As an added feature, and to prevent illegal logging, the coin also contains a deterrent that automatically triggers a core meltdown if held by anyone unable to enter the correct code.

During testing, there were some unfortunate mishaps. While admiring the coin's brilliance, several mint employees had their retinas fried out. And in an ironic twist of fate, a plant packager who stuffed a coin in his pocket in hopes to put it on eBay, lost that leg, and subsequently fell into the gaping chasm created as the coin melted through the earth's crust.

This is the real reason for the delays, and the story about the die breaking was just a cover up. This is highly classified stuff here, and you really shouldn't have been informed of this anyway. Come to think of it, your monitor will now explode in 5, 4, 3, 2...

;)

The lesson here? Don't log these coins unless you've actually held one in your hand. Or else.

*bow*

Yime

The design is clearly intended to simulate the rays of the sun, literally. What happened was that M10B had commissioned to have each coin contain a small nuclear core that would fire up and make the coin literally "shine". As an added feature, and to prevent illegal logging, the coin also contains a deterrent that automatically triggers a core meltdown if held by anyone unable to enter the correct code.

During testing, there were some unfortunate mishaps. While admiring the coin's brilliance, several mint employees had their retinas fried out. And in an ironic twist of fate, a plant packager who stuffed a coin in his pocket in hopes to put it on eBay, lost that leg, and subsequently fell into the gaping chasm created as the coin melted through the earth's crust.

This is the real reason for the delays, and the story about the die breaking was just a cover up. This is highly classified stuff here, and you really shouldn't have been informed of this anyway. Come to think of it, your monitor will now explode in 5, 4, 3, 2...

;)

The lesson here? Don't log these coins unless you've actually held one in your hand. Or else.

*bow*

Yime

Hey Yime,

You owe me a monitor! ;) ROFL! :P

No No No!  You have it all wrong! 

The design is clearly intended to simulate the rays of the sun, literally.  What happened was that M10B had commissioned to have each coin contain a small nuclear core that would fire up and make the coin literally "shine".  As an added feature, and to prevent illegal logging, the coin also contains a deterrent that automatically triggers a core meltdown if held by anyone unable to enter the correct code.

During testing, there were some unfortunate mishaps.  While admiring the coin's brilliance, several mint employees had their retinas fried out.  And in an ironic twist of fate, a plant packager who stuffed a coin in his pocket in hopes to put it on eBay, lost that leg, and subsequently fell into the gaping chasm created as the coin melted through the earth's crust.

This is the real reason for the delays, and the story about the die breaking was just a cover up.  This is highly classified stuff here, and you really shouldn't have been informed of this anyway.  Come to think of it, your monitor will now explode in 5, 4, 3, 2... 

;)

The lesson here?  Don't log these coins unless you've actually held one in your hand.  Or else.

*bow*

Yime

Hey Yime,

You owe me a monitor! :P ROFL! :P

And of course he won't know what Yime's response is since he won't be able to read it ;) !

:huh:

*bow*

Yime

Even if you have had it in your hand he'll still not let you log. I had one in my hand from coychev and logged it and he took it back and said I can not log.

Even if you have had it in your hand he'll still not let you log. I had one in my hand from coychev and logged it and he took it back and said I can not log.

Um, that's not true at all. If I deleted your log, then there was something incongruent about it. If the log is legit, you are welcome to relog.

I was sitting on my living room couch watching The Wiggles with my four year-old son, when I heard an unearthly humming noise coming from just outside my front door. I lept up from the couch, tucked my son under the blanket, and slowly reached for the door handle. As the door creaked open, I was blinded by a flash of light so intense that I instinctively slammed the door shut and backed away.

What on earth was THAT?!?!

There was something right outside my door that was unexplainable, and my heart raced with both fear and curiosity. I took a deep breath and a few minutes to muster up the courage to open the door again. I took a few more minutes to search for a pair of welder’s goggles to avoid having my retinas fried out. Approaching the door with trepidation, I opened it again to reveal a gleaming silver disc spinning in mid-air, shining bright enough to turn on all the solar calculators in a 5-mile radius. It floated there unwavering...spinning and humming...humming and spinning. Mesmorized by it’s brilliance, I felt myself compelled to step towards it. The world slowed down and everything went in slow motion. My hand reached towards the disc, and my mind was powerless to stop it. I was under the disc’s full control. My mind screamed out in fear as I was certain that I would be severely burned.

Then...in an instant, the disc dropped limply into my grasp. The air fell silent, the light withdrew, and the disc settled flatly in my palm. It was surprisingly cool to the touch, and I nervously inspected it closer to find the phrase “Moun10Bike” inscribed upon it. What is “Moun10Bike”, I thought to myself. Is this perhaps some new top-secret prototypical postal delivery being tested out by the Feds?

I went to my computer to find some answers, so I moved some things aside to make room for the disc. As I placed it gently in the middle of the desk, I noticed that one of the objects I moved was an old solar calculator...and it was unexplainably blinking the number “10”.

I was sitting on my living room couch watching The Wiggles with my four year-old son, when I heard an unearthly humming noise coming from just outside my front door. I lept up from the couch, tucked my son under the blanket, and slowly reached for the door handle. As the door creaked open, I was blinded by a flash of light so intense that I instinctively slammed the door shut and backed away.

What on earth was THAT?!?!

There was something right outside my door that was unexplainable, and my heart raced with both fear and curiosity. I took a deep breath and a few minutes to muster up the courage to open the door again. I took a few more minutes to search for a pair of welder’s goggles to avoid having my retinas fried out. Approaching the door with trepidation, I opened it again to reveal a gleaming silver disc spinning in mid-air, shining bright enough to turn on all the solar calculators in a 5-mile radius. It floated there unwavering...spinning and humming...humming and spinning. Mesmorized by it’s brilliance, I felt myself compelled to step towards it. The world slowed down and everything went in slow motion. My hand reached towards the disc, and my mind was powerless to stop it. I was under the disc’s full control. My mind screamed out in fear as I was certain that I would be severely burned.

Then...in an instant, the disc dropped limply into my grasp. The air fell silent, the light withdrew, and the disc settled flatly in my palm. It was surprisingly cool to the touch, and I nervously inspected it closer to find the phrase “Moun10Bike” inscribed upon it. What is “Moun10Bike”, I thought to myself. Is this perhaps some new top-secret prototypical postal delivery being tested out by the Feds?

I went to my computer to find some answers, so I moved some things aside to make room for the disc. As I placed it gently in the middle of the desk, I noticed that one of the objects I moved was an old solar calculator...and it was unexplainably blinking the number “10”.

Quit it you are killing me with laughter. Just too funny. Please keep it up.

Team sidewinder

Another classic, I have only seen one moun10 bike coin at an event.

Very cool.

Mike

I got to log 4 new ones (new to me anyway), three v3s and one v1, at a local event yesterday, wow. If we had all of the locals bring all of their Moun10Bike coins to one of our events we'd have... 16 I think, maybe more? And with more on the way. We're pretty lucky, but I think it's actually more fun when they're scarce and you find that first one. :D

This looks like a great coin. I hope to see one someday. Hopefully someone in my area (south/central PA) will get one and bring it to an event or something. However, as I have never seen one of the previous versions, I am not counting on seeing one of these. Oh well... Keep caching...

This looks like a great coin.  I hope to see one someday.  Hopefully someone in my area (south/central PA) will get one and bring it to an event or something.  However, as I have never seen one of the previous versions, I am not counting on seeing one of these.  Oh well...  Keep caching...

Oh, you just missed out, I had all 3 of the Moun10Bike coins at the Delaware Geocaching event this last weekend. Sorry you did not get to see it, it is very cool.