Real Deal

Fledermaus

This coming Saturday, 29 October 2005, will mark the 1 year aniversary of the passing of a very dear friend and fellow geocacher. He will be forever missed by his friends and family!

For those that didn't know him, he was a dedicated family man with two young children. He made a name for himself in the Military, Local Law Enforcement and many other endeavors throughout his shortened life, and last but not least a locally known and well respected Geocacher.

Even though he only had four of his own geocaches, three of them still exist as he designed them, which have been adopted by new caretakers. They're names are: "Mission: Afterburner"(Fledermaus), "Guillemot Cove"(Belleterre) and "Children's Park Beach Cache"(The4Grays).

Whether you knew him or not, if you would like to send a message to his wife and children, I will be happy to pass them on to his family.

In Loving Memory of

~~~~~~~~~ JERALD B. DEAL ~~~~~~~~~

Born: February 11, 1963

Passed: October 29, 2004

AKA Geocacher: "Real Deal", R.I.P.

=============================

~~~ MISS ME - BUT LET ME GO ~~~

When I come to the end of the road

And the sun has set for me,

I want not rites in a gloom-filled room,

Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little, and not too long,

And not with your head bowed low.

Remember the love that once we shared.

Miss me - but let me go.

For this journey that we all must take,

And each must go alone,

It is all a part of the Master plan,

A step on the road to Home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart,

Go to friends we know,

And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds;

Miss Me - But Let Me Go.

He seeks a treasure of which we cannot dream!

/\/oo\/\

Fledermaus

Edited by Fledermaus

Yes, Jerald was all the things that Ray mentioned and then some. I think of him everytime I pass NAD/Soroptimist Park. I was FTF in the very first cache placed there by him. First time I met him was looking for a cache in Manchester State Park. He let me look first and he backed off and then only looked after I had secured the cache. He was an intelligent, multi-talented young man.

Rest in Peace Real Deal,

Dick, W7WT

Mark and I adopted his Howe Farm cache and remade it into a silly, kid-friendly cache. A lot of kids and adults have found the cache and laughed at their funny new geocaching name. I hope RealDeal would have enjoyed the fun they're having with his revamped cache and is looking down and laughing with them.