Not Easy To Make Own Maps Lol

cam_oai

I use the OziExplorer to calibrate the map, then open the file from GPSmapEDIT. I drawed many many many lines and stuff and i looks ok in the editor.

Compile the map and every went ok. Then i open mapsource to view it. :) OMG the road/lines are completly NOT inline. how is that possible?

I use the OziExplorer to calibrate the map, then open the file from GPSmapEDIT. I drawed many many many lines and stuff and i looks ok in the editor.

Compile the map and every went ok. Then i open mapsource to view it. :) OMG the road/lines are completly NOT inline. how is that possible?

You could have done any one of a number of things wrong

Calibrated the map wrong

Made an error in creating the tdb and/or PV file in mapedit (Possibly related to the levels).

Made an error in loading the three required files into the Mapsource registry.

Remember in mapsource, depending on the levels you selected when creating the pv file, the map won't look any where near as good as it will on the GPS because it's a "preview" or reduced detail .img file. When you load to the GPS, the full (more detailed) .img file gets loaded in, not the pv file you view in Mapsouce.

1. calibrating: i use 3points and the long/lat is from google earth

2. don't know this part

3. i am sure i did the right thing, otherwise it couldn't display the map right?

so you say the pv file is "less accurate" than img file? anyway, it should look like any other map detail right?but mine look and have gaps between the roads....weird

1. calibrating: i use 3points and the long/lat is from google earth

2. don't know this part

3. i am sure i did the right thing, otherwise it couldn't display the map right?

so you say the pv file is "less accurate" than img file? anyway, it should look like any other map detail right?but mine look and have gaps between the roads....weird

If you "don't know this part", I assume you didn't load the maps into "Mapsource" (Garmins software for loading Garmin maps into the GPS) but rather just loaded the map directly to the GPS using something like "Mapsend"....is that correct?