Does Gc.com Remove E-mail Addresses

Airmapper

I don't know if it is just no one will reply or what, but when I contact people through GC.com, and give my Geocaching E-mail (Different from my account E-mail.) I seem to never get replies. If I e-mail someone personally, using their E-mail address, I'll get a reply.

I also notice, when I am contacted by someone I have sent a message to, it usually comes through GC.com and not through my Geocaching address.

I assume you mean that you're including an e-mail address in the body of the message? You can check the box to get a copy of the message, and I would think that if the e-mail address somehow got stripped, you would notice that in your copy too.

If I am familiar with the cacher that I am e-mailing, I usually check the box to include my e-mail address with the message, and I get about 50% replies through regular e-mail and 50% through GC.com.

I don't know if it is just no one will reply or what, but when I contact people through GC.com, and give my Geocaching E-mail (Different from my account E-mail.) I seem to never get replies. If I e-mail someone personally, using their E-mail address, I'll get a reply.

I also notice, when I am contacted by someone I have sent a message to, it usually comes through GC.com and not through my Geocaching address.

When someone chooses to contact you, they have an option (as you know) to send their email address or not. If you choose to send it, the email will appear as if it came FROM your address, and the reply-to will be directed to you.

If you shoose NOT to send it, the email will come from and the reply-to will be directed to "noreply@geocaching.com".

HTH

Edit - if a messsage comes to you through GC.com, even when they have your email address, it probably means they simply used the contact link on the site rather than replying directly to your email.

Edited by ParrotRob

when you view someone's profile theres a link to email threw the site (says like 'click to email', in some cases the person may have listed their email, but you can click that and still email them threw the website).

[repeat what parrot rob said here]