Pq - Problems With Mobipocket Format

De Wuidara

Hi!

I have some problems with the cache descriptions which come with my pocket queries. If I try to read them on my PPC all international characters like äöüÄÖÜß are missing or there ist someting like $&*a....

Isn't it possible to get a version of Mobi Pocket Reader, which can display such characters correctly. Or the other way, why don't you replace such characters with a near match, like é = e, ä = a, â = a, etc.

Greetings

De Wuidara (Robert)

… Or the other way, why don't you replace such characters with a near match, like é = e, ä = a, â = a, etc.

Greetings

De Wuidara (Robert)

because that’s last century. every umlaut and other special chars are inside the gpx. forget ebooks. they’re bs.

happy hunting from hamburg.

What would you think about having it in a PDF format instead of an eBook format?

Raine, that would ROCK as a solution for those who just want to read, not massage the data before putting it on their handheld device. I have a nifty Palm version of an Acrobat Reader that would handle that way better than MobiPukeit. Hopefully there would be good searching and indexing features; I will check it out. Thanks for floating that idea.

Crap, just realized that Raine won't even see this post. Dadgum Greasemonkey scripts. :)

What would you think about having it in a PDF format instead of an eBook format?

Using a smartphone instead of PDA, I prefer eBook to PDF, the Acrobat reader is somewhat heavy to run.

Even better would be a structure of HTML files which could be viewed with the builtin web browser.. oh, but I can get those with gsak :lol: