Indigo

IndiGo-Geo

084fc20c-e0ea-42dd-bebb-eab332f1b7e1.jpg

The Indigo TrailMix 7 had the largest turnout ever. 55 logged in with a few stragglers hustling in just as we hit the trail. The day was just about perfect. It was a cold standing around waiting to depart but once on the trail the internal heat kicked in. We had a few stream crossings but nothing bad. There was only one hill....well maybe two but that's all. We hit the trail about 10:30am and the last group returned about 3:00pm or so. I don't know about the rest of you but I was tired when I got home.

Deermark

Wow, looks like a nice crowd of people. Wish we could have been there, but I was at school with my Key Club hosting an area training and caucus. What started out a month ago as having three or four adults meet with ten of my students for an hour or so to help train them, turned into an all-day event for multiple clubs from the district that included a district Lt. Governor's election (One of my kids won). It was exhausting but fun!

I think I may have converted a couple of club sponsors to geocaching, too! When we introduced ourselves, we had to tell one thing about ourself that most people in the room wouldn't know. I mentions billion dollar satellites and tupperware. Later, I had a chance to talk about geocaching and how I used Earthcaches in my classroom to teach students--and how my kids took a field trip to make two Earthcaches in Clifty Falls State Park. (By the way, the newest one was just published this weekend).

The group even agreed to help us find large size women's shoes for an event we are holding later this year. So it was a good day all around. It just wasn't a good day geocaching. Glad you guys got to do that. I told everyone there that they ought to feel priviledged to have me there, since it was the first pretty weekend day in ages, and I wasn't out geocahcing with you guys.

Alright!! Who ordered this weather? It is very hard to crawl around on the ground looking for caches when I have so many layers of clothing on. Hey Beffums you getting big?

Deermark

Our puppies spent yesterday trying to convince me to panic because the sky was falling. :unsure::blink:

I haven't been doing much crawling around on the ground looking for caches lately -- let's just say I've finally found an appetite. :o As of 2 weeks ago, I had yet to get back up to my pre-preggers weight. But, I think I put on about 3-4 pounds in the past 7 days, ... oops.... speaking of food, I think it's time for a mid-afternoon snack! I'm definitely looking forward to the next ECO event cache, though the owners of hte buffet may regret letting the pregnant lady come in to eat all that she wants. :P

OK I know it's in here somewhere but I don't have the time to look. Donna needs to put in her 2007 vacation days so I need to know when the 2007 FALL PICNIC is.

Thanks.

September 8th, 2007. The planning team is already at work.

Deermark

Hey Deermark,

Next question. Where? I heard but I forgot.

4d246514-b683-4297-b523-b0f71d2651fb.jpg

We started our trip at Huber's in the Knobs. Always a wonderful place to visit. There wasn't a whole lot of people out this morning. Next we treked over to Carosel Winery just north of Bedford. There wine here was just wonderful. Our favorite of the day. From thre we headed north to Oliver's Winery. Along the way we encounted much snow and wind. Very cold up this way. Next on the agenda was Butler Winery. A very small but extremely friendly outpost. From Butler's we finished our tour at The French Lick Winery. If you ever head over that way plan on eating in their restaurant. We had already had our lunch but the aroma's were mouth watering. All in all we had a very fun day.

Deermark

Edited by Deermark

5ecc7000-301c-4d9f-9480-d64ec851107d.jpg

Anybody out there? Here is a shot from GCG4QZ Cow Pies in Sedona, AZ. Also check out GCXJNT Heart-To-Heart. Jplus14 and I had a blast climbing around on the red rock.

Deermark

We're here. (we're just pouting 'cause we are jealous!!!! :D ) Hope you're having a good time!!

:D<_<

I'll second that! You guys always go to the coolest places.

I met the Easter Bunny once. Of course that was after a night of celebration or something like that. I just know the bunny jumped on by back as I was heading to the bathroom. The TrailMix will be in the area of GC4467. There arefour caches up there and I have hidden 6 more. Should be a fun time. Just get past that one hill and you will be skipping along the rest of the way. See you all in two weeks.

Deermark

0cafef08-4957-4ecf-b1ff-6ae36f0a96f8.jpg

The above photo is from the very first TrailMix. Now it is time for TrailMix 8 already. Check out GC11JBV. Come on out and enjoy the fun and the hike up Gorley Hill.

Deermark

Hi Deermark!

Found one of you sig dominos at Ravina today! (Or is it Ravinia? The caches all have it different)

Anyways, myself, Team A.C.E. co-pilot, and the Mrs. hope to attend. See you soon!!

cc0d8e26-6e39-420d-9676-b03ff676a9f4.jpg

Daggy grabbed her 7000th this weekend at GCYGCY on the Appalachian Trail on the Tenneesee-North Carolina border. The 4 mile winding road up the mountain was a trial but I managed to get there and back and not slide off the road. The view from the top was spectacular. Congrats to my sweety.

Deermark

Daggy grabbed her 7000th this weekend at GCYGCY on the Appalachian Trail on the Tenneesee-North Carolina border. The 4 mile winding road up the mountain was a trial but I managed to get there and back and not slide off the road. The view from the top was spectacular. Congrats to my sweety.

Deermark

W.T.G.! Daggy!!!!!

Deermark

WOOT FOR DAGGY!!!!!

Edited by sparkeeeee

Thanks for the good wishes. We have fun caching anytime, but I especially love where my milestones have taken me. Decided to coin the phrase, "Milestone with Attitude" for these special caches.

Okay, BBF ... you know me too well! Of course, I'm behind in logging ... but, not as far behind as usual.

5aa2c7cd-ff25-4cbf-be27-4a30410698bb.jpg

Another Great TrailMix in the books. Thanks to all of the hardy cachers that braved the cold and wind to share time on the trail with me. I told you there was only one big hill. I am pretty sure I saw the Easter Bunny up there. Must have been cutting through. Wasn't it good seeing Indy Diver on the trail again. He is the best. What would Indiana Caching be without him? Let's do this again sometime.

Deermark

Sounds like everyone had fun. Wish we could have been there...well, not really, it was toooo cold for me yesterday and I saw all the 3.5 terrain ratings on the cache 'round there, but I wish we could have seen all you nice people. When is it going to get warm again? Going south for Spring Break really spoiled us!

Sounds like everyone had fun. Wish we could have been there...well, not really, it was toooo cold for me yesterday and I saw all the 3.5 terrain ratings on the cache 'round there, but I wish we could have seen all you nice people. When is it going to get warm again? Going south for Spring Break really spoiled us!

You're just ticked off 'cause there was the "No Swimming" notice posted.

What gave me away?

What gave me away?

You kept posting inquiries about snorkeling opportunities.

Hey all you Indigo cachers out there. Don't forget that the Indiana Spring Picnic, GC10NQ8, is coming up on May 12. The event is at Potato Creek State Park just southwest of South Bend. It is a long way to travel for alot of you but Gary & Mary Adventures promises that it will be well worth it. Daggy and I are heading up early Friday May 11 to grab a few treasures on the way. Come on up and visit with your fellow northern cachers.

Deermark

Quick question-----

I plan on going down to Raleigh N.C. for Geowoodstock5 in May and have been on the GW5 forums. They have 20 people listed as coming to GW5 from Indiana. I can only think of about 5 that I know of, Deermark and Daggy, WCNut and Tater and myself. Who else is heading down there that you know of? It would be great to see some familiar faces while there.

Chris-Team Shydog

ATTENTION-----I just had 2caches reviewed by Reviewer Jones out of Kansas. He has asked that we place attributes on all of our caches. Thanks.

Deermark

We place attributes on All :laughing: our caches. However, it is an option, not required. I can see an approver asking a hider to place certain attributes on a cache page on an ad hoc basis, but unless this is new Groundspeak policy we don't know about, attributes are still optional. If Groundspeak requires them, I would think that would be a different case, and they could incorporate that requirement into the report page...

:D

dc7afb9e-31d3-4f52-8359-c69a76ab2d3e.jpg

Gary & Mary Adventurers did a wonderful job on this years edition of the Spring Picnic. Dr Who & K9 drive 750 miles round trip to attend and I think they will say it was worth it. Daggy and I sure had a ball. Although it was a little cold camping out.

Deermark