Indigo

IndiGo-Geo

102e9fd0-211c-4d60-94b9-f00e8066b8dd.jpg

Well TrailMix 5 sure didn't go as planned. After camping Friday night in a constant thunderstorm and then the threat of more severe storms during the day on Saturday I did the adult thing and cancelled the hike. Still ended up with 17 people showing up at the trailhead. I managed to divert Doobies, LosXiles and Doug Smiley to my house before they got too far south. We did stand around and talk at the trailhead for awhile. Some of us ended up at my house eating veggie soup and talking trash. That was fun.

TrailMix 6 is going to be the same location as TrailMix 5. It would be a shame to waste all those caches that Dr Who & K-9 & I placed. Looks like it will be the weekend before Thanksgiving. Of course that is tentative right now. See you on the trail.

Deermark

Hi, I'm Indotguy and I'm a Cacheaholic. :D I tried really hard to stay away from Celina Lake, honest I did. But, in the end, the thought of all those new caches hidden along that trail was simply more than I could bare. I rationalized that someone else was bound to find them before the next TrailMix anyway so why not ME? Well as it turned out another cacher had indeed found some of them before I did so in that respect I felt vindicated. This is a great trail and excellent spot for hiking and caching. I may even try to get up there and hide a few new caches before the next TrailMix.

Hello, from bright, beautiful and warm San Diego. This is the last day of my Facility Manager's conference. I've attended some great sessions and found lots of good info at the expo. Oh, I did get one cache at lunch.

Mark is having a great time too. He hiked the last two day. Yesterday when I called him, he had just come off a trail that took him 5 hours to hike.

Today he is with some of my fellow Facility Manager's who elected to skips today's conference and go winery hopping. No, GeodeHunters, I don't think he will be bringing back any ice wine this time.

Have a great time at Windy Rock. Sorry we will be missing one of our favorite events.

Vacation officially starts tomorrow for me. Hopefully, I will add a few more California caches to my total

fabc743f-d5e3-47b6-98d1-370033fd8576.jpg

This is where I was at while Daggy was in her conference. Same as always she is off having fun while I slave away caching in awesome locations. It is tough but I try to do my part. <_<

Deermark

Hey Mark, I don't know if anybody told you or not but to those southern California mountain lions, geocachers taste like chicken and I've seen bobcats out there the size of German Sheperds. Nice kitty kitty. BTW, that looks like one of your "little" hills.

Edited by Neos 1

OK. We are going to try again. The next TrailMix is the same as the last TrailMix. Celina Lake on November 11. This time there will be no rain & no tornado warnings. Daggy and I will be camping again if anyone wants to join us for some cold weather camping. The cache page is waiting approval and should be up quickly.

Deermark

Oh, too bad I can't go--cool weather, swollen creeks, muddy trials---all my favorite ingredients!

Unfortunately, I will be helping my Key Club kids try to help our student council take care of Indiana Student Council Convention people from all over the state. Our school is the host this year and STuCo kids will be swarming into our small school this weekend. Just think, 1500 teen agers in one place all weekend.

Oh, too bad I can't go--cool weather, swollen creeks, muddy trials---all my favorite ingredients!

Unfortunately, I will be helping my Key Club kids try to help our student council take care of Indiana Student Council Convention people from all over the state. Our school is the host this year and STuCo kids will be swarming into our small school this weekend. Just think, 1500 teen agers in one place all weekend.

1500 teenagers. I will take cool weather, swollen creeks and muddy trails any day. Do you need me to bring over some liquor when it's over?

Deermark

1500 teenagers. I will take cool weather, swollen creeks and muddy trails any day. Do you need me to bring over some liquor when it's over?

Deermark

Wait, I'm suppose to hold off on the liquor until it's over?

There goes that survival plan.

3402e0be-742c-4cf4-b048-688ae9ef7e55.jpg

Doug Smiley hosted an excellent Trailmix up north near New Castle. I joined 20 other cachers for a cold hike around Westwood Lake. All the containers were ammo boxes which Doug placed by himself over the course of several days. I even brought some left over FEMA donuts.

The next Indigo TrailMix will be at Monroe Reservoir in mid-January. Hard to believe it has almost been a year since the first one.

Deermark

Doug Smiley hosted an excellent Trailmix up north near New Castle. I joined 20 other cachers for a cold hike around Westwood Lake. All the containers were ammo boxes which Doug placed by himself over the course of several days. I even brought some left over FEMA donuts.

The next Indigo TrailMix will be at Monroe Reservoir in mid-January. Hard to believe it has almost been a year since the first one.

Deermark

Yay next trailmix will be in my backyard, Hope to see you all there!

27c4ccad-c86a-482c-abbd-7265b1b6a129.jpg

TRAILMIX 7 - THE BIRTHDAY PARTY is now up and running. We are not meeting on the top of the above tower. I'll watch you climb it if you want and even take your picture but you won't catch me up there. Come join me for a 6-1/2 mile hike over beautiful terrain. We will start by descending to a creek and crossing said creek several times during the hike. Then we climb to the surrounding hills and enjoy a moderately level hike along some great areas.

See you on Jan. 20th.

Deermark