Indigo

IndiGo-Geo

In spite of her caching partner, Neos2 quietly eclipsed the 500 found mark last weekend. Way to go honey!

Congrats!

Also, I was reading through the found logs on some of my caches, and it seems that someone from your neck of the woods found his 7000th at one of my caches last weekend... :laughing: Congrats Deermark!

See everyone at Trail Mix IV tonight. Don't forget to dress for the heat and possibly rain (yuk!). I asked Deermark to have some air conditioned water stations along the trail. He rolled his eyes at me. From past experience as an old married couple, I think that means "are you crazy."

In spite of her caching partner, Neos2 quietly eclipsed the 500 found mark last weekend. Way to go honey!

Wow! That's a lot of rocks!

Not rocks silly pig! Five hundred won't even begin to cover just the front yard. That isn't even counting the back yard, the living room, the hallway, the bedroom....

In case you only read this thread, ...

If anyone is in the Evansville area at the end of the month (July 29th to be exact), all are invited to join us for the next E.C.O. meet & greet. Yes, one of Indigo's spin-off groups is still going strong, and willing to have anyone join us who would like to come. Given the potential for 100 degree temps in July, we opted for air-conditioning this month. :lol: But, more than likely, just a *few* of us will find time to go caching before and/or after the event. So, if you haven't been down to Evansville yet (or not recently), there are plenty of caches to find, and lots of us willing to show you around town. The cache is at 11 am central time, so all of the out-of-towners will have plenty of time to drive in, and even hit a few caches along the way. :P

For details:

ECO July meet & greet

f1cdc155-5de2-4231-b895-b9c1c3f1ed65.jpg

Another TrailMix is in the books. The night caching was a blast. We enter the Pate Hollow trail system around 10:15PM and stubbled out around 1:30AM. Tough, humid hike but fun.

Look for TrailMix 5 to be in the south. Indian-Celina Lakes to be exact. The lakes are located off of Hwy 37 just south of I-64.

Deermark

Daggy and I went to an event last Saturday at the Land Between The Lakes, GCWT2P. Saw Solarwib down there too. Anyway it is a very neat area to go to. With Lake Barkley on one side and Kentucky Lake on the other this strip of land is like nowhere else around. There are many old cemetaries and lots of great hiking. There is even a Bison and Elk preserve although we never did see any Elk. If you get a chance to visit I would definitely recommend it. I am probably going to do a camping/caching trip in late October.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know about an upcoming event cache, from one of the INDIGO spin-off groups. E.C.O.'s (Evansville area Caching Organization -- emphasis on the "area" this time :rolleyes: ) August event will be in Owensboro, KY. Plan is to meet on Satruday, August 26th, at 11 am. MetroGT is planning the event, and thinks this might be the first event cache in Owensboro. Hopefully, with a month of warning, those who are interested in coming will have a chance to hear about it and see if it works in their schedule.

All are welcome - you do not have to be a member of E.C.O. to attend. Owensboro has many many hides, if you've never been there, and one of the main local hiders (and finders) - GeoJimmie - is planning on attending. So if you are free that day, and not all that far from Owensboro, come on out and join us - we'd love to see you.

For more info, check out the listing at

GCXC5G - ECO Meet & Greet for August

I just wanted to say HI to everyone. I'm down in Mississippi in a motel as the truck I've been training on just broke down. Thats the second time in 3 weeks that the truck I've been on has had mechanical problems. I must be too hard on them..LOL.. I spent last weekend in Akron, OH and was graciously toured around for 2 days by a couple of cachers and got to do some caching and some good eating also. You know those truck stops don't always have the best food.

So far I've driven from Indiana to NY to NJ,NJ to Georgia, Georgia to NJ , CT to Georgia to Chicago to NJ , NJ to Chicago, Chicago to TN. TN to Mississippi. I bet I left a few places out but I'm having a good time and catching on quick.

See Ya all soon!

Jim

I just wanted to say HI to everyone. I'm down in Mississippi in a motel as the truck I've been training on just broke down. Thats the second time in 3 weeks that the truck I've been on has had mechanical problems. I must be too hard on them..LOL.. I spent last weekend in Akron, OH and was graciously toured around for 2 days by a couple of cachers and got to do some caching and some good eating also. You know those truck stops don't always have the best food.

So far I've driven from Indiana to NY to NJ,NJ to Georgia, Georgia to NJ , CT to Georgia to Chicago to NJ , NJ to Chicago, Chicago to TN. TN to Mississippi. I bet I left a few places out but I'm having a good time and catching on quick.

See Ya all soon!

Jim

Dang, Jim. Sounds like you're pretty busy. Caught any lot lizards yet?

For those that might interested in my geocaching/ truck driving experiences, I have started a Blog.

Prairiepartners Blog

Right now it's a work in progress and will try to get it up to date soon.

Jim

Jim's exclusive "Lot Lizard Review" will be available only to premium members through a special password. For more information click on the "Let's See 'em" icon on the Main Page. Thank you.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO??!!!

Anybody Home?!?!?!?

Congrats......

SmokeyJoe Found INSANE ASYLUM (GCTK66) yesterday!!

This 5/5 cache went active in Bloomington February 26, 2006

I was the first finder on May 13th

Smokey Joe was the second finder on August 28th

MANY THANKS to Prairiepartners & BikiniBottomFeeders for this MOST EXCELLENT CACHE!!!!!!

are we really going to have an image of a canal on the coin?

I really don't think that it represents indiana considering I was born here and have never heard anything about it until people started talking about putting it on the indiana coin???

Wrong thread, why not trash my idea on the coin thread, where we've been talking about it since June or July? I just sent a check to pay for license to use the altered version of the canal image, so um, yeah, I hope we are going to use that image. Man, you have just really hurt my feelings!

I really don't think that it represents indiana considering I was born here and have never heard anything about it until people started talking about putting it on the indiana coin???

Wrong thread, why not trash my idea on the coin thread, where we've been talking about it since June or July? I just sent a check to pay for license to use the altered version of the canal image, so um, yeah, I hope we are going to use that image. Man, you have just really hurt my feelings!

Let's all have a hug and go for ice cream. My treat.

Can somebody loan me a twenty?

Can we get it from the lunch counter at the Woolworth's in downtown Indy? Oh wait, that isn't there any more! Yum, ice cream! I have some in the freezer. You want orange-vanilla or raspberry-white chocolate?

Can we get it from the lunch counter at the Woolworth's in downtown Indy? Oh wait, that isn't there any more! Yum, ice cream! I have some in the freezer. You want orange-vanilla or raspberry-white chocolate?

That's not ice-cream. Where's the REAL chocolate?

acae4bdd-f403-4121-b2c2-4419de831889.jpg

This was just one of the weird events in GeoSurvivor at the fall Picnic.

Deermark

I was hoping those boards would have be used as firewood after last years event. I say we have a campfire after the next trail mix to verify that they do not make another appearance in 2007 :laughing: .

Will gladly eat live salamanders in lieu of walking on the boards next time.