Indigo

IndiGo-Geo

1. What's a thunder Egg?

2. When my mom told her boss abut geocaching he asked her how many geodes she had gotten... hahah Geode caching LOL

3. Want some rocks? I pulled them out of my yard when i had to till up my yard to plant my grass... I got lots of varying sizes LOL...

1. A thunderegg is a type of geode found in the western states, especially idaho and oregon

THUNDER EGG

More on Thundereggs

6bcf5baa-b459-4ce1-99d5-bb6d07e025e4.jpg

A Thunderegg that just happened to be on my bookcase

2. Geodes are really really cool. I have some lining my rock garden (about 35). I always like to get more. I like to let the kids at school crack them open.

3. Backyard rocks...Got any good ones? Interesting rocks can come out of backyards.

Edited by Team Neos

So that's what a Thunderegg is. I will keep my eyes open. I'll probably need a U-Haul trailer just for rocks. I am leaving Wednesday for "Out West" I post some photos when I can. I hope to be back in time for the TrailMix III. Got to start my new job the next Monday.

Deermark

IndiGO's TRAIL MIX III has just been posted (GCVH0F) May 13th

at the Owen Putnam State Forest generally a few miles NW from McCormick's Creek State Park. There are a bunch of NEW CACHES courtesy of Deermark, and the terrain is PROMISED to be gentler than the TrailMixII. [:wub:]

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...97-96f8d0ed0681

Deermark is off on his "Wild West" Adventure - Team J&K and BBG are getting things ready for Trail Mix III -remember to post a message on the cache page and let us know who is coming to the event.

Owen Putnam State Forest is just south of Exit 41/SR231 off I-70 between Terre Haute and Indy, and very easy to access from SR 46 a few miles west of McCormick's Creek.

There is a bookmark list for the event of about 20 caches, about 10 are in the immediate trail area, and the remainder are within the forest and close proximity to where the event will take place.

Mark your Calendar for Saturday, May 13th!

Hope to see you there!

Hey hey the Goretex bodysuit works very well for rain and snow. Hopefully I'll be at Trailmix3 this weekend. ;)

Since the trail is so "easy" this time I specifically asked for rain to make it interesting. Now where did I put that Goretex bodysuit?

Deermark

aa36fdb4-8284-42f5-b071-f69c169dfcc9.jpg

Another TrailMix is in the books. I can't believe that all these crazy people showed up in the rain to walk muddy trails. What a great time we had. The funniest thing happened to Ladybeckett. She was walking through a muddy spot on the trail and both of her shoes were sucked right off her feet. She was a mess. At least the rain cleaned her up a little. Thanks to all the attended. The TrailMix has become more poplular than I would have ever hoped. It is so good to cache with people on the trails. So much more fun than urban micros.

Deermark

6abc04d6-8b81-40fa-ad11-1b4ab0222ca2.jpg

So I am riding along minding my own business when all these cows suddenly drop out of the sky. I am thinking, "Wow". I think in short bursts like that. Then I notice that the cattle are being herded by women cowboys. That gets me thinking again. So I thnk, "Wow". I think that a lot when I see mutiple women cowboys. Wait!! Should that be cowgirls? Anyway I was thinking about these cowgirls....CENSORSED... Darn I thought I could get that by the censors but those guys are pretty sharp. Just like those cowgirls.

Wasn't this a great Memorial Day Weekend? Caching and daydreaming about cowgirls. Oops. Don't tell Daggy about those cowgirls. I wonder if I could get her to start wearing a western hat. Oh yeah.!!

This thread has been dormat a while. Where are you guys at?

Deermark.

6abc04d6-8b81-40fa-ad11-1b4ab0222ca2.jpg

So I am riding along minding my own business when all these cows suddenly drop out of the sky. I am thinking, "Wow". I think in short bursts like that. Then I notice that the cattle are being herded by women cowboys. That gets me thinking again. So I thnk, "Wow". I think that a lot when I see mutiple women cowboys. Wait!! Should that be cowgirls? Anyway I was thinking about these cowgirls....CENSORSED... Darn I thought I could get that by the censors but those guys are pretty sharp. Just like those cowgirls.

Wasn't this a great Memorial Day Weekend? Caching and daydreaming about cowgirls. Oops. Don't tell Daggy about those cowgirls. I wonder if I could get her to start wearing a western hat. Oh yeah.!!

This thread has been dormat a while. Where are you guys at?

Deermark.

Well, of course, silly. They're herding COWS. ... If you'd waited a bit you would've met up with the bullboys who herd the bulls. Boys always have more bull than girls.

PSSST! I'm in on the planning for the 2006 Fall Picnic and I can tell you it is really starting to take shape. Lot's of great ideas bouncing around!

I'm s-o-o-o-o excited! Can't wait to see you all there!

2006 Fall Picnic

September 9th

Brown County State Park

I'm not ignoring you nice people, it's just that I keep reading threads in the "other" forums...and getting sucked in. I was thrilled to be done with school for the year and excited to get the chance to read up on the forums, look for new caches, etc.

BUT...This last week or so, the forums are like a bad wreck. I know I shouldn't stop to stare at all the carnage, but I just can't look away. People campaigning for NO stats, complaining because people did pocket caches, complaining because someone put a bookmark on their pocket cache page that says pocket caches are cheating, writing on caches to get the record for most in a day, arguing, bragging, snarling, whining, drama drama drama. What will they be like when it gets hot?

Well, I did manage to drag myself away from it for a bit. N1 and I went out stomping around downtown Louisville Sunday and we finnnnaaaallllly get to cross JoGPS's "Tennis Anyone" off our list.

Now, Daggy and Deermark, we saw your names on the log, so we know you were there too. Please be so kind as to not brag that you found it the first time you looked for it, or my little feelings will be hurt.

Just be happy for me, and hope that one day I will also find your "Don't Speed By" (that you keep assuring me is not supposed to be difficult, but we can't find!).

Neos2

I am going on vacation next week and when I get back my full attention will be on the Night Caching TrailMix. Vacation!! I know. I just got back from vacation but I was jobless then. Now I have a job and this is an official vacation. You want to know how I can work for a place for 3 weeks and get vacation. :). Not telling.

Deermark

Night Caching TrailMix.

Deermark

Night Trailmix! this is the first I have heard of this. Please tell me more....

Just like regular Trail Mix... but at night.

You're welcome.

It also requires flashlights and a bucket of 100% deet poured over your head, <_<.

But you save on sunscreen and aloe.

LOLOLOL - Torry you are TOO funny!

Come on up Turtle....you will LOVE it!

I heard some of the tentative plans mention Pate Hollow Trails just about Lake Monroe/Hoosier National Forest - Bloomington. Very similar terrain to Morgan Monroe State Forest TrailMix in January. Cache page should be up in the next couple weeks, the tentative date should be toward the middle-end part of July.

Send Deermark an email, so when he gets back from vacation he can send you the cache page.

BBG

Come on up Turtle....you will LOVE it!

I heard some of the tentative plans mention Pate Hollow Trails just about Lake Monroe/Hoosier National Forest - Bloomington. Very similar terrain to Morgan Monroe State Forest TrailMix in January. Cache page should be up in the next couple weeks, the tentative date should be toward the middle-end part of July.

Send Deermark an email, so when he gets back from vacation he can send you the cache page.

BBG

Thanks for the info, I will keep an eye out for it.

Edited by Turtle3863

Here is JPlus14 hitting his 5000th at the Original Cache Plaque outstide of Portland, OR. The plaque is on his left. Very cool. Way to go Wayne.

Deermark

Congrats Wayne!

Deermark, does this mean you are back from vacation and ready to tell us about the next trailmix? :anibad::P

This may not be the right section, but does anyone know when and where the next InKy Event is?

I think it's June 20th. Not sure on where though. I'll see what I can find...

It looks like Camping Hoosiers are the hosts, so maybe a quick e-mail to them could get you the info?

edit: to add the who

Edited by Beffums

This may not be the right section, but does anyone know when and where the next InKy Event is?

I think it's June 20th. Not sure on where though. I'll see what I can find...

It looks like Camping Hoosiers are the hosts, so maybe a quick e-mail to them could get you the info?

edit: to add the who

The next INKY event is on June 20 at Community Park in New Albany, IN. I suppose the new name of the park is Sam Peden Community Park.

Any how the Geocaching number is GCWEK2.

Latter,

Kayak-Cowboy

Yep, Deermark and I were on vacation. Actually, Deermark, KepNFit, JPlus14, Twssl and I got home from Portland/Seattle/British Columbia vacation late last night.

He has a few things to verify about Trail Mix but info will be coming soon!

In the meantime, lots of Geo-Survivor planning went on during the trip! Fun, fun fun!

07b87107-60f0-4667-9022-e476ae858252.jpg

Vacation. Did Daggy say Vacation. Let's go.

Just talked to the Rangers at the Hoosier National Forest Headquarters in Bedford and they have no problem with a night hike. So the TrailMix 4-Night Cache is a go. We will be meeting at the Paynetown Ranger Staion to hike the Pate Hollow Trails. I am thinkng about a 10:00pm start for the caching. We may even have a cookout before the caching. Is anyone interested in camping? We could do that too. Look for the page to be up in a day or so.

Deermark

10 pm Night caching I'm there. Cookout, I'm there. Camping, I'm there.

Just what date am I there?

Deermark, If you and Daggy ever take applications for the positon of another son, please let me know. You guys take great family vacations.

I can mow and do my own laundry, and I have my own GPS!!

10 pm Night caching I'm there. Cookout, I'm there. Camping, I'm there.

Just what date am I there?

Deermark, If you and Daggy ever take applications for the positon of another son, please let me know. You guys take great family vacations.

I can mow and do my own laundry, and I have my own GPS!!

See, I'm thinking that if they want another child, they want a daughter. :laughing: and, I come pre-married, so they wouldn't even have to pay for the wedding! :laughing::unsure::laughing:

Vacation. Did Daggy say Vacation. Let's go.

Just talked to the Rangers at the Hoosier National Forest Headquarters in Bedford and they have no problem with a night hike. So the TrailMix 4-Night Cache is a go. We will be meeting at the Paynetown Ranger Staion to hike the Pate Hollow Trails. I am thinkng about a 10:00pm start for the caching. We may even have a cookout before the caching. Is anyone interested in camping? We could do that too. Look for the page to be up in a day or so.

Deermark

Awsome! Camping and cookout? Heck yeah!! I'd be up for that! :laughing:

Andrew and I are looking forward to the night trailmix - it looks doable currently for us, as long as he doesn't end up working overtime.oh, and since they're outside barking goodnight to us, let me introduce our new geopups (ok, we've had them about 5 weeks, but they just reached 4 months (and the maturity to go caching) this past week.) :laughing:

Say hello to Bo and Luke (blame JAPTKD for the name, not me!).

From L to R, Bo, JAPTKD, and Luke (the slightly larger one who's *almost* looking at the camera).

b4f5e165-2d63-4b5d-9a1c-30db21f919ba.jpg