Uniontown, Pa Cache Suggestions

ThePropers

Yet again am traveling....to Uniontown this time. I will be there the evening of the 31st and November 1st.

Anything with a decent hike/rewarding view or even a challenging/well camo'd "fun" or "unique" cache is fine.

Would love suggestions. Hopefully it's not raining like my last two trips have been.

Oh, and as always, food suggestions would be appreciated. Steak, seafood, Mexican, or Italian. The company's buying!

You can't go wrong caching in the "Fayette Cong" as it is affectionately known by geocachers in this part of the world. There are no junk caches here. Yet. Let me recommend my two favorite hides:

Sand Quarry

Polly Takes the Plunge

Site's back up and both of those look like great caches. I'm not sure I'll hit up the Polly one....a 4 terrain might not be something I want to do alone.

You can't go wrong caching in the "Fayette Cong" as it is affectionately known by geocachers in this part of the world.  There are no junk caches here.  Yet.  Let me recommend my two favorite hides:

Sand Quarry

Polly Takes the Plunge

Site's back up and both of those look like great caches. I'm not sure I'll hit up the Polly one....a 4 terrain might not be something I want to do alone.

I've done both of these while visiting Quest Master, Desk Jocky and Accident Prone Hiker. To me, the terrain for Sand Quarry was more "intimidating". But, if you can handle a uphill hike that is not too terribly long...you should have no problems completing Polly. It's another stage of the cache where you can "choose" how much terrain you want to tackle and the reason for the 4 star rating. You will need a bit more time for Polly than Sand Quarry.

I don't want to give much away...but both of them are highly recommended!

Salvelinus

Well, I'm back. It rained on Monday (and it was dark before I was out of work). Got out at a decent time today and had time for one cache and one cache only before heading back to Harrisburg.

I decided to head over to Sand Quarry on my way back to the Turnpike. Wow, what a great freakin' area! I was really impressed when I got to the cache area, and am really glad I made the right choice on which cache to do. I loved it, and plan on going back with some friends and a bigger flashlight since I only had my little head LED lamp.

Just wanted to let you know how I made out. I'll recommend it to all my friends!

Did I mention how much I enjoyed this area? I can't believe it's just open to the public like that.

Pechin's!  Granted, this place has lost its luster since they upgraded locations...

All joking aside, I've heard that Fabrizi's's right outside of Uniontown is very good.

I just asked QM about the new Pechins Cafeteria this past weekend. He said it wasn't open yet. Where are the Congsters getting their "fix"? <_<

Salvelinus

In regards to the Penchin's 'fix', I am sure the locals are having a hard time to find a better 5 cent cup of coffee or 95 cent daily lunch special...

Well, I'm back. It rained on Monday (and it was dark before I was out of work). Got out at a decent time today and had time for one cache and one cache only before heading back to Harrisburg.

I decided to head over to Sand Quarry on my way back to the Turnpike. Wow, what a great freakin' area! I was really impressed when I got to the cache area, and am really glad I made the right choice on which cache to do. I loved it, and plan on going back with some friends and a bigger flashlight since I only had my little head LED lamp.

Just wanted to let you know how I made out. I'll recommend it to all my friends!

Did I mention how much I enjoyed this area? I can't believe it's just open to the public like that.

Hey! I'm glad you enjoyed the cache! Thanks for all of the kind words!

If you do make it back to the Fayette Cong be sure to try out some of the other fine caches hidden there.