California Coin-red Tracking Numbers

Parrolet

What's the deal with red numbers?

Apparently, a printer error led to 11 coins having red tracking numbers on them. Yes, the numbers are clearly red, vs. the normal black. Another geocoin "rarity" - wonder when they'll hit eBay. :laughing:

I'm a lucky gal, cos I got 2 red-numbered coins! Luck of the draw - he said he just threw all of the coins in a pile and randomly bagged them up for distribution.

9cf44852-20da-4c9c-8f69-32c7022d4ea7.jpg

Who got one?  Are you checking those coins for the red numbers?  I got one.  That makes 10 more lucky people got one.  :laughing:

How can you tell? Are the numbers really red, or just kinda reddish? And what number is yours?

Here is a pic of mine that they confirmed was one. I have rubbed some of the numbers so no one can log it. Sorry.

Edited by Parrolet
What's the deal with red numbers?

Apparently, a printer error led to 11 coins having red tracking numbers on them. Yes, the numbers are clearly red, vs. the normal black. Another geocoin "rarity" - wonder when they'll hit eBay. :laughing:

I'm a lucky gal, cos I got 2 red-numbered coins! Luck of the draw - he said he just threw all of the coins in a pile and randomly bagged them up for distribution.

More then 11 cause I have 9 out of 38 california coins that aren't black.

Edited by Mystery Ink

More then 11 cause I have 9 out of 38 california coins that aren't black.

really? must have been in the first batch then....some just look red but are really not. others are reallly red. have to wipe em down to see. in the last 755 coins made there were only 11 red coins....i counted ever single coin to check that we had them all.

Any idea what those numbers might be? :blink:

If someone would tell me how to post up a pic I would show you mine.

Hi Parrolet,

To post a pic in these forums you need to first upload the image somewhere on the internet. You can just upload an image to one of your old geocache logs if you don't mind the pic popping up on your log for awhile.

To get it to appear in a reply:

>click the IMG Button while posting a response.

>A box with pop-up requesting that you input a URL for an image

>Input the URL of your image,(if you don't know it...open the log that you have the pic in, in a different web browser and right-click properties...the URL will be in there)

>Click OK

That should do it! Let's see that coin

Here's a test to see if my instructions work

d9b5e9a0-203b-46cb-b2f0-d3ca30ee2194.jpg

Edited by biggeeks
If someone would tell me how to post up a pic I would show you mine.

Hi Parrolet,

To post a pic in these forums you need to first upload the image somewhere on the internet. You can just upload an image to one of your old geocache logs if you don't mind the pic popping up on your log for awhile.

To get it to appear in a reply:

>click the IMG Button while posting a response.

>A box with pop-up requesting that you input a URL for an image

>Input the URL of your image,(if you don't know it...open the log that you have the pic in, in a different web browser and right-click properties...the URL will be in there)

>Click OK

That should do it! Let's see that coin

Here's a test to see if my instructions work

d9b5e9a0-203b-46cb-b2f0-d3ca30ee2194.jpg

Thanks for the help. That's my dog with a travel bug. :) I added the coin above.

Edited by Parrolet