Image Upload Notification

cpnowak

How could we go about "requesting" that a line be added to let you know if there is an uploaded picture when the e-mail notifications are sent from watched or owned caches. I just read the logs from the e-mail and don't find out till much later that someone took the time to take a picture and then post it. Some sort of image upload notification would be great!

Penny

My guess and I might be wrong...The reason this can't be added is that the machine or code or whatever that sends out the watchlist notification of log does it immediatly after it is logged (that is why no edits show up either). You have to upload images after you log a find, so the timeline of the steps in the process make it very hard.

The only ways to do this would be:

- To make is so the final log is submitted AFTER you write the log and upload an image. Which I bet would involve some heavy retooling on some long established code and programs in GC.com.

OR.

- To notify people on the watchlist anytime an image is uploaded. Which would add many emails being sent.

I would just follow the link to the log if it is a cache you liked and you are intereted in. :laughing:

Edited by Teamhawaii1981

- To notify people on the watchlist anytime an image is uploaded. Which would add many emails being sent.

That would be probably the easiest solution. I have 80+ caches and would love to see anyones photos....if I only knew about them. Don't need to visit the actual cache page too often and certainly don't want to follow every found link.

:laughing:

Thanks,

Penny

Since this is a website feature suggestion, I am moving your topic over to the Geocaching.com forum.  There, it can be seen and considered by the brilliant geniuses who run the website, and also by Raine.

Ouch! :laughing:

Well, now you've gone and done it. Raine has a greasemonkey script that hides all of my posts. Now that you've quoted me though, I'm toast.