Children In Need

It may just be me but...

I keep seeing Children in Need adverts on the BBC and they keep reminding me of the man whos dedication perminantly linked the event with fox hunts in my mind.

I am of course talking about Mark (The Cat) who did so much for caching in this country.

His legacy lives on in GC:UK and for that I think we all have a lot to than him for.

Chris

It may just be me but...

I keep seeing Children in Need adverts on the BBC and they keep reminding me of the man whos dedication perminantly linked the event with fox hunts in my mind.

I am of course talking about Mark (The Cat) who did so much for caching in this country.

His legacy lives on in GC:UK and for that I think we all have a lot to than him for.

I haven't been around GC that long so I have no idea who you are on about. Can anyone give a little bit of detail on this obviously very well respected man and the "Fox Hunt" thing

It may just be me but...

I haven't been around GC that long so I have no idea who you are on about. Can anyone give a little bit of detail on this obviously very well respected man and the "Fox Hunt" thing

For Dino-irl and others who wish to know of the regard in which Mark was held.

Sad day for Geocaching

I remember after a long day Geocaching taking Mark to my house to feed him before he traveled home. I mentioned I was having a problem with my computer system he stayed to try and fix the thing. I literally had to send him home as he would not be defeated by the thing and wanted to stay until he had fixed it. Such was his nature.

It may just be me but...

Fox hunt The last fox hunt

You could Text the number provided and the GPS system would text you back with the lat/long speed and direction of travel, you had to use this information to try and find him. He would stop in each town for a set amount of time. There was also an interactive map. When you found him you got a badge and you could donate to CIN(if you wished)

more info on the old GUK forum

Edited by Deego