Untraceable Travel Bug

Bag o'Tricks

I recently picked up a non-www.geocaching.com TB since I would easily be able to move it along to its (tag-stated) goal. Upon attempting to log the bug, I find that no search engine can locate the registering organization or the (tag-identified) owner. What should be done with the bug?

Interestingly enough, I believe this TB showed up in a cache I placed previously. The person who placed it had neglected to record its ID # and asked for help in retrieving that info. Unfortunately, it had moved on by the time I was able to get to the cache. It's probably caused problems for everyone involved, but just keeping it out of circulation doesn't feel right either. :lol:

You know its trackable on non-www.geocaching.com, but can't log the movement???

And you know the owner placed, and where they placed it, but can't get ahold of them?:lol:

Get the tracking straightened out, then move it on its way. Don't keep someone's traveler, that would be stealing.

The tag bears the name of the listing organization, but all searches come up with nothing under that name. Also, the organization ("group") that placed the bug can not be found by employing any of the dozen or so search engines I have tried. I really don't want to hang onto the bug, but putting it out there will only give another cacher the same problems when he (she) attempts to log it. I always try to make things situations better, if at all possible rather than just silently passing on problems.