Altimeter Graph

atique

Hi. I have my GPSMAP 60CS for few days now. It used to display green color graph in Altimeter page. But now when I go to Altimeter Page it shows working... for few sec but whne working... is gone the graph does not appear. I have reset the the values, restored the to delfault setting but the green color graph does not appear.

How can I bring it back?

The second question is how can I reset whole of the unit to factory set?

This is my first GPS, please help me if you can in bringing this altimeter graph back.

Thanks,

Nick

Hi. I have my GPSMAP 60CS for few days now. It used to display green color graph in Altimeter page. But now when I go to Altimeter Page it shows working... for few sec but whne working... is gone the graph does not appear. I have reset the the values, restored the to delfault setting but the green color graph does not appear.

How can I bring it back?

The second question is how can I reset whole of the unit to factory set?

This is my first GPS, please help me if you can in bringing this altimeter graph back.

Thanks,

Nick

I had a similar problem...make sure if you are plotting over distance, that you have had some movement since you last cleared the altimiter...if you clear it and haven't gone anywhere the graph is obviously blank.

If that is not the problem, then you might be involved with one of the little "quirks" with the 60CS...for me the solution was a master reset.......my graph would come up, and then disappear.....master reset put all back to normal.

The Altimeter page requires the use of your Tracklog, wether or not your moving around. Try turning OFF both the Tracklogging and Altimeter, then TURN them both back ON, and try the altimeter function with the Tracklogging turned ON.

It can not record your Altimeter history if the Traclog is turned OFF.

Whenever I clear my Active Tracklog, that clears my Altimeter History back to zero.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When you have the GPS ON but don't want the GPS using Trackpoints, you need to turn off the Tracklog.

When you want to record the pressure plot of a storm comming, but don't want the GPS recieving satellites, turn OFF the Reciever portion of the GPS, and turn on Tracklogging, and set the Altimeter to FIXED elevation.

etc.....

If it still is bad then call Garmin about this Issue with the Altimeter.

Edited by GOT GPS?
The Altimeter page requires the use of your Tracklog, wether or not your moving around. Try turning OFF both the Tracklogging and Altimeter, then TURN them both back ON, and try the altimeter function with the Tracklogging turned ON.

It can not record your Altimeter history if the Traclog is turned OFF.

Whenever I clear my Active Tracklog, that clears my Altimeter History back to zero.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When you have the GPS ON but don't want the GPS using Trackpoints, you need to turn off the Tracklog.

When you want to record the pressure plot of a storm comming, but don't want the GPS recieving satellites, turn OFF the Reciever portion of the GPS, and turn on Tracklogging, and set the Altimeter to FIXED elevation.

etc.....

If it still is bad then call Garmin about this Issue with the Altimeter.

The altimiter page doesn't require tracklog to be on in order for the graphing function to work. Track log must be turned on to "record" the pressure and distance, but not to show it on the graph.

Both my altitude plot over distance and time, and my pressure plot continue working when I turn the tracklog recording off.

If however you turn the tracklog off, and reset the altimiter page, then the graphing function ceases to work until you turn the "tracklog" back on.

Thanks for all teh suggestions. I will try these. My GPS is not with me now so I will try them later. The only thing I am not sure is how to TURN ON AND OFF the altimeter as suggested above by stevesisti. I did not noice thsi option anywhere while I was playing with my GPS.

As c\for calling Garmin with this issue, well, I am nto very sure about it as I am in Hong Kong and I bought this unit through GPSCity.com I am sure Garmin does not have have any servcie center here in Hong Kong.