2006 Georgia Geocoins

Thorny1

It's called "warm fuzzy". People want to see something from the GA people definitely stating that they have a coin, because computers have been known to mess up orders. Just look at what happened yesterday with PayPal! :lol:

Sigh, okay.

Well the warm fuzzys probably won't occur until this evening considering all of those guys are at work now... some w/o pc access.

Man, it was impossible for me to get just one coin.  Now they be on eBay for $50 and out of my price range.....

Very disappointed, I wish there had been a preorder list.

:lol:

You did see that there are 120 or so Stone Mtn coins still available for sale, right? Just send an email to gageocoin@gmail.com with how many you want and your geonick. They'll send paypal invoices tonight.

Edited by AtlantaGal
Nope, missed that completely.  I sent a message off right away.  With any luck. Thanks for pointing it out!!!!!

You're welcome. This thread is so long now, I guess it's easy for single postings to get lost in here.

I went back and bolded that part of my post so many others will see it.

Edited by AtlantaGal
Man, it was impossible for me to get just one coin.  Now they be on eBay for $50 and out of my price range.....

:)

You did see that there are 120 or so Stone Mtn coins still available for sale, right? Just send an email to gageocoin@gmail.com with how many you want and your geonick. They'll send paypal invoices tonight.

thorny1 is on the road, ga cacher is hard at work busting criminals and i cant play online much at school (hey - i gotta teach at some time, haha) ... glad to have a helping hand with you AG, thanks! - TP

:)

thorny1 is on the road, ga cacher is hard at work busting criminals and i cant play online much at school (hey - i gotta teach at some time, haha) ... glad to have a helping hand with you AG, thanks! - TP

Is this correct ? :)

Hi Guys -

When refunding via paypal - here's a couple things to note. (I'm giving away some info here since I work for/buy/sell alot on eBay here and have been caught in this conundrum - despite knowing how this works - and don't want to see y'all get in trouble with paypal or flagged by the cc companies for possible fraud)

a) If, as in the example someone paid twice for the coin issue in 2 seperate transactions (see Damenace's post) of each $20 (equaling $40 sent)

You can go to paypal and click on one of the payments transaction record and at the bottom as a seller, there is a little link that says "refund". This will refund the transaction to the purchaser and ALL paypal fees to the seller so you're not charged ANY paypal fees for that transaction.

Technically, if paypal caught you in this case keeping their fees and manually issuing a refund, they could call it fraud and freeze up the account. (not turning you in - I don't care how you do it - just letting y'all know)

B ) However - if someone paid for say 3 coin issues in 1 transaction (as in they did a quantity of 3) - you will need to refund a portion of the payment individually.

So, say they sent 1 payment of $30 for 3 coins. In this case, you'd need to send them back a payment of $10 minus the paypal fees. Note, however, that when you do this you are (in paypal's eyes) sending that person a "payment" of $10, and thereby, person buying the coin is getting "hit" twice - once for the fees you're taking out thereby $10 becomes 9.50 or whatever, and once for paypal's fees AGAIN. This means they only get $9 back. In addition, the credit card companies and paypal in their user agreement say that as a seller can't charge a buyer your full paypal fees when offering a refund- this is simply a fee incurred by the seller for opportunity of use. (From what I understand you can do a "portion" though so you'd take the pp fees divide by 3 and then take out only 1 of the fees)

I don't necessarily like how this is set up, but wherever possible - just to save you possible future headache, I'd hope you would at least try "a" above where possible. No, I'm not gonna say anything to anyone, but having had my account froze for a while and also having seen people whom are unable to get their paypal accounts to work because the CREDIT CARD COMPANIES won't allow the payment acceptor to use Paypal (basically blackballing the account), I want to make sure you are informed.

Have a great one (regardless of what y'all choose to do)~

Rose

Ed to clarify.

Edited by phoenix-rose
If you read above, the stone mountain was sold out in 40 minutes. See list also stating sold out . The list is not nearly done.

After the order counting last night, there were 160 some stone mtn coins left available for sale. I think the guys cut the order early to make sure they didn't get into the same situation as they did with the peach (that is overselling to a point where issuing 50+ refunds are too costly).

Anyway, as of this morning around 9 am EST, there were about 120 stone mtn coins left.

Those interested were encouraged to email their geonick and the amount of coins they wanted to gageocoin@gmail.com Orders will be filled on a first come, first serve basis and are based on time stamp (that begain last night).

This evening those people who sent emails before the remaining coins are gone will receive paypal invoices where they have 24-hours to pay their orders.

Any orders received over the remaining available coins will go on a wait list in case some payments are not made in the 24 hour period.

Before anyone else asks - if you got a reciept from paypal, you got in.

Got a receipt, so it looks like I made it using a 24k dial up connection. :) We'll have to see. I am on the Stone Mountain list, which is a good thing.

Even if I somehow don't make the LE cut, I'd like to thank all the people involved with this distribution. You guys did a tremendous job. I was watching the counter 5 minutes before the sale started and the site hits were coming in at about 100 every 5 seconds. You could feel the tension. I was amazed my connection held until I was done, although trying to put in my 'cachers name' somewhere got me puckered for a second. I was involved in the MiGO summer coin order when we crashed the server, so I was thinking something might happen here also. (Crashing PayPal - I Love It!) It's always great when you test the limits of a system like that. :)

Again, thanks guys. Can't wait for the 2007 coin. Wonder what we'll take out next time?

Edited by Shasties
Folks, do you have payment receipts from paypal for your coin orders from yesterday? If the answer is YES, then you got the coins you ordered ...

My reciept was an error message that said don't send another payment until you confirm that this payment didn't happen.

Paypal can't handle this kind of traffic, and if you don't send multiple payments you may miss out. It looks like Damenance may have had the same kind of error but his first payment went through while mind didn't. If that's the case PayPal isn't consistant.

I am wondering what is up with the orders .. when we will know for sure we are in .. and when any refunds will be issued .. I take it the paypal crash created a bit of a mess?

boy - did you hit it on the head, auntienae!!!

for whatever reason paypal had some glitches with its system and then with the email acknowlegments to us. we have worked diligently over the last 48 hours to get it all organized.

all invoices and coin arrangements will be listed tonite. we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused - next time, paypal will be warned!

we thank you for all your support.

-TP

I am wondering what is up with the orders .. when we will know for sure we are in .. and when any refunds will be issued .. I take it the paypal crash created a bit of a mess?

boy - did you hit it on the head, auntienae!!!

for whatever reason paypal had some glitches with its system and then with the email acknowlegments to us. we have worked diligently over the last 48 hours to get it all organized.

all invoices and coin arrangements will be listed tonite. we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused - next time, paypal will be warned!

we thank you for all your support.

-TP

I'm sure a lot of us understand the logistics in doing this, and I again want to thank you guys for the effort. We'll sit 'patiently' watching and waiting for information. Better you guys take your time and get this all sorted out rather than post 'unreliable' information that someone will come back later with a "BUT YOU SAID...."

I really think that everyone should read the above logs. These people have jobs, family and a life. I think if everyone would stop asking, then maybe they could get some work done, instead of answering all your questions several times. I know its hard to wait, believe me I'm on pins and needles myself, but complaining about it won't get it done quicker. :laughing:

I really think that everyone should read the above logs. These people have jobs, family and a life. I think if everyone would stop asking, then maybe they could get some work done, instead of answering all your questions several times. I know its hard to wait, believe me I'm on pins and needles myself, but complaining about it won't get it done quicker. :laughing:

I wasn't complaining, just letting ladycacher know that we too were waiting. The people in charge of the coin was quick to respond to me last night so I figured that they have lots to do but since they said they would send an invoice that they will.

I for one appreciate all the work that goes into maintaining the orders. I'm sure it has to be hard and nerve racking work. Hats off to everyone involved!

Edited by 501_Gang
Hi Guys -

When refunding via paypal - here's a couple things to note. (I'm giving away some info here since I work for/buy/sell alot on eBay here and have been caught in this conundrum - despite knowing how this works - and don't want to see y'all get in trouble with paypal or flagged by the cc companies for possible fraud)

a) If, as in the example someone paid twice for the coin issue in 2 seperate transactions (see Damenace's post) of each $20 (equaling $40 sent)

You can go to paypal and click on one of the payments transaction record and at the bottom as a seller, there is a little link that says "refund". This will refund the transaction to the purchaser and ALL paypal fees to the seller so you're not charged ANY paypal fees for that transaction.

Technically, if paypal caught you in this case keeping their fees and manually issuing a refund, they could call it fraud and freeze up the account. (not turning you in - I don't care how you do it - just letting y'all know)

B ) However - if someone paid for say 3 coin issues in 1 transaction (as in they did a quantity of 3) - you will need to refund a portion of the payment individually.

So, say they sent 1 payment of $30 for 3 coins. In this case, you'd need to send them back a payment of $10 minus the paypal fees. Note, however, that when you do this you are (in paypal's eyes) sending that person a "payment" of $10, and thereby, person buying the coin is getting "hit" twice - once for the fees you're taking out thereby $10 becomes 9.50 or whatever, and once for paypal's fees AGAIN. This means they only get $9 back. In addition, the credit card companies and paypal in their user agreement say that as a seller can't charge a buyer your full paypal fees when offering a refund- this is simply a fee incurred by the seller for opportunity of use. (From what I understand you can do a "portion" though so you'd take the pp fees divide by 3 and then take out only 1 of the fees)

I don't necessarily like how this is set up, but wherever possible - just to save you possible future headache, I'd hope you would at least try "a" above where possible. No, I'm not gonna say anything to anyone, but having had my account froze for a while and also having seen people whom are unable to get their paypal accounts to work because the CREDIT CARD COMPANIES won't allow the payment acceptor to use Paypal (basically blackballing the account), I want to make sure you are informed.

Rose

Ed to clarify.

Having dealt with this myself, once you click on refund at the bottom of the details page, you can change the amount of refund and make it a partial refund. This will refund just that portion that you want including the paypal fees.

ladycacher, I'm drooling at your coin list. Adopt me!?!?

cid12.gif

I am very addicted, it's unhealthy and killing all my spare time.....I suggest you slowly log out of the forums and run away.

Too late. 203635.gif

ROFL!!

You got a Regular Georgia that you would like to trade since we are in the addiction togather??

I really think that everyone should read the above logs. These people have jobs, family and a life. I think if everyone would stop asking, then maybe they could get some work done, instead of answering all your questions several times. I know its hard to wait, believe me I'm on pins and needles myself, but complaining about it won't get it done quicker. :D

I wasn't complaining, just letting ladycacher know that we too were waiting. The people in charge of the coin was quick to respond to me last night so I figured that they have lots to do but since they said they would send an invoice that they will.

I for one appreciate all the work that goes into maintaining the orders. I'm sure it has to be hard and nerve racking work. Hats off to everyone involved!

FIRST, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

TO UPDATE YOU ALL, ALL OF THE REFUND INVOICES HAVE BEEN SENT OUT. IF YOU HAVE A CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT FROM PAY-PAL, AND HAVE NOT RECIEVED A REFUND FROM ME, THEN YOU ARE CONFIRMED WITH THE AMOUNT OF COINS ON YOUR CONFIRMATION. CONGRATULATIONS! YOU GOT IN!

IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION REGARDING YOUR REFUND OR PAYMENT, PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL AT gageocoins@gmail.com WITH THIS IN THE SUBJECT LINE "GA CACHER I HAVE A QUESTION." I WILL SEE THIS AND ANSWER IT A.S.A.P.

Also, invoices have been sent for the Stone Mountain coin orders that were recieved via E-mail. If you recived one of those, please make payment within the time referenced on your invoice.

Don't fret over the confirmation page being updated. If you recieved a confirmation via E-mail, you DID get your coin.

The coins are now in production, please keep posted for updates. We will update in this forum and at www.travelbugracer.com.

Thanks for your support!

-GA Cacher

Hi Guys -

When refunding via paypal - here's a couple things to note.  (I'm giving away some info here since I work for/buy/sell alot on eBay here and have been caught in this conundrum - despite knowing how this works - and don't want to see y'all get in trouble with paypal or flagged by the cc companies for possible fraud)

You can go to paypal and click on one of the payments transaction record and at the bottom as a seller, there is a little link that says "refund".  This will refund the transaction to the purchaser and ALL paypal fees to the seller so you're not charged ANY paypal fees for that transaction. 

So, say they sent 1 payment of $30 for 3 coins.  In this case, you'd need to send them back a payment of $10 minus the paypal fees.  Note, however, that when you do this you are (in paypal's eyes) sending that person a "payment" of $10, and thereby, person buying the coin is getting "hit" twice - once for the fees you're taking out thereby $10 becomes 9.50 or whatever, and once for paypal's fees AGAIN. This means they only get $9 back.  In addition, the credit card companies and paypal in their user agreement say that as a seller can't charge a buyer your full paypal fees when offering a refund- this is simply a fee incurred by the seller for opportunity of use.  (From what I understand you can do a "portion" though so you'd take the pp fees divide by 3 and then take out only 1 of the fees)

Rose

Ed to clarify.

Having dealt with this myself, once you click on refund at the bottom of the details page, you can change the amount of refund and make it a partial refund. This will refund just that portion that you want including the paypal fees.

Thank you both for the advice.

GA Cacher

hope that final confirmation list is wrong, I was one of the gomers who accidentally paid twice, but my name is still not on the list :D Have to wait and see I guess....

If you have a confirmation from Paypal that your money was sent, then you got the number of coins that you paid for.

Thanks

GA Cacher