2006 Georgia Geocoins

Thorny1

I wonder if really 200 coins are to be sold, or if the people working on these coins already took their allotment from the 200? I don't see their names in the list.

Well there are 85 spaces for names, and if you assume everyone ordered 2, then there must be 30 left for the makers.

not everyone has ordered 2. some have only ordered 1.

as for the spaces alloted - there is no rhyme or reason for the amount of space we created.

-TP

I wonder if really 200 coins are to be sold, or if the people working on these coins already took their allotment from the 200? I don't see their names in the list.

Well there are 85 spaces for names, and if you assume everyone ordered 2, then there must be 30 left for the makers.

as for the spaces alloted - there is no rhyme or reason for the amount of space we created.

-TP

So once all blocks are filled up doesn't mean that we didn't make it?

-TP

So once all blocks are filled up doesn't mean that we didn't make it?

You answered my question by adding more blocks

Well, I'm a little concerned too, because my PayPal receipt says 12:01pm, and I was the first person on this thread to post mine went through.  Hopefully, they're working in reverse?  :mad:

my paypal receipt was sent to my in box at 9:01am 12:01est as well i made the list in the top 10 dont know how fast they sold out the way the counter was moving could it have been in less then a min?

I'm going by the time the PayPal receipt has on it. Mine is 12:01:20. I just hope they're going by PayPal time, and not the order in which receipts arrive in their mailbox. Email can be delayed.

yes email can be delayed so i went back and checked i had my paypal in b4 901am pst im starting to think they did sell out in less then 1 min

From what I read... 200 were minted... and they were selling some...

It may very well be that they are keeping a portion for themselves and/or their friends...

I cannot blame them for that...

They advertized a selling time and date for what they were selling...

If you got one, you are lucky, and quick on the enter key... if not... better luck next time...

There are only 85 slots on the spreadsheet for winners...

85x2=170... so they may have kept 30... can u blame them?

Edited by Peconic Bay Sailors

From what I read... 200 were minted... and they were selling some...

It may very well be that they are keeping a portion for themselves and/or their friends...

I cannot blame them for that...

I don't think anyone was complaining, just trying to figure out how many were actually for sale, and what the chances are of them making the list.

we are updating the list ... be patient, please!

-TP

Yup, I think that's the best thing for everyone to do. Just be patient. I'm sure for everyone posting here, there's five others not posting that are just as curious.

I've recently been through the same process, but done a bit differently. I can speak from experience that trying to be 100% fair is going to draw criticism no matter what, so you just deal with it and do the job you set out to do. So, I'd rather see the process going down the line diligently, checking time stamps of PayPal receipts, than rushing through it to please the curious masses.

I'll check back later, I've got football to watch!

we are updating the list ...  be patient, please!

-TP

Yup, I think that's the best thing for everyone to do. Just be patient. I'm sure for everyone posting here, there's five others not posting that are just as curious.

I've recently been through the same process, but done a bit differently. I can speak from experience that trying to be 100% fair is going to draw criticism no matter what, so you just deal with it and do the job you set out to do. So, I'd rather see the process going down the line diligently, checking time stamps of PayPal receipts, than rushing through it to please the curious masses.

I'll check back later, I've got football to watch!

FWIW, I don't think their paypal time stamps necessarily match our receipt times. That time stamp is the time paypal generates the email. There may be a several second delay either way on the email copy/confirmation THEY receive or the transaction receipt that's posted to the account.

...I'll check back later, I've got football to watch!

FWIW, I don't think their paypal time stamps necessarily match our receipt times. That time stamp is the time paypal generates the email. There may be a several second delay either way on the email copy/confirmation THEY receive or the transaction receipt that's posted to the account.

It just occured to me that even if they accept emails from those of us who had PayPal puke on them, the emails time stamp will be much later than the paypals that came in. So even if I would have gotten a coin via PayPal had it worked, I'm most likely out of the running even if they do look at the emails.

Since it's email if they accept it, they will invoice me. That means I don't need to keep checking the update for the peach. Honeydo's becon...

Edited by Renegade Knight

Thank you folks, I'm sorry there were not more of the Peach coins to go around - they sold out in less then 2 minutes. We are confirming the orders to make sure we didn't double count someone (which happened). The Stone Mountain coins sold out in 40 mins, also. We will update both lists, GA Cacher and Team Pez are on thier way over here to make sure we don't make a mistake and have everyone on the list. If there are any mistakes we will go by timestamps from paypal payments. There will be some payments returned since it looks like we did not get the link closed fast enough - for that we apologize, we will be refunding all monies including paypal fees, so we will be eating those ourselves.

Go caching, get out of the house and from in front of the computer - oh yeah, and sign my name to the log, too (just kidding!)

Thanks again!

T1

That's the fastest I've seen so far, I might even be too late for the regular (i thought I could easily order it after dinner)

well, at least I want to thank the creators for all the great work they are doing!

I do believe if it was not for the peach that the other would not of sold out near that fast. I would not have sat by computer for just that one.

Ok. So the Georgia GeoCoin mania is just about over . . . all but the waiting. Now, the question is -- When might these little fellas be shipped?

Then we can have another frenzie over waiting by the mailbox for the snailman to deliver our precious . . . .

Oh no! Up here in Quebec, it gets cold pretty early. Hope I don't have to sit on a snow covered frozen mailbox ;):mad:;)

They sold 1000 coins in 40 minutes? Now that is what I call effective marketing!

Correction...they sold 1200 coins in 40 minutes. I think that offically surpasses all previous sales records. :mad:

I stand corrected; although I was referring mainly to the Stone Mountain coin. Everybody expected the peach coin to sell quickly.

Absolutely amazing. I thought our NY coins sold out fast!

Wow! That IS fast selling. I wonder though, are there 1200 folks that want to either collect or cache these coins? Or.... will the secondary market soon be flooded with this coin for trading? Only time will tell I guess.

I still have a few Calgary and Alaska's to trade is anyone has an extra of one of these.

I'd say there will be plenty to trade AND plenty on eBay... much like the TN coin is now.

It's also possible that once the lists are finalized and tallyed up, there might be some more GA coins available for sale by this evening.

Nobody could of predicted that the coins would be sold out in 2 min.

I may not have predicted 2 minutes, but I knew they woudl go fast based on the fact that the page counter jumped from 1000 views to over 9000 views in the last 5 minutes before they went on sale. I knew there were many others out there sitting on their computers hitting the refresh button just like me. Every time I refreshed, the counter would go up by at least 30! I was amazed their site didn't crash before they even got to the ordering part.

Overall, I'd say good job to the people coordinating this. There were a few gliches with PayPal, as could be expected, but nothing you could control, and basically we all had the same random luck of getting the PayPal to go through or not.