Canine Cachers Coin 2nd Edition

Kealia

Bruno the Geodog (a handsome Flat-Coated Retriever) has asked me to post a couple of suggestions:

1. A Retreiver is the proper dog...any breed of retriever would be fine with him...after all, what IS caching but retrieving

2. Motto on the front should read: "Don't Eat It; Don't Roll In It"

3. And of course, on the back it should say "DOG is My CoPilot"

Bruno's mom says she'd buy one and wonder if there are any of the 1st editions still available?

I really like the coins and purchased a couple and look forward to further in the series; however, I must agree that there is a bit of saturation going on in this coin business.

I think since you have the 2005 finished and the 2nd one in the works that I would do the second with a 2006 date. And then do an annual coin thereafter.

As for how to choose which dog, since everyone wants theres to be next. Put the most popular dog breeds in a hat and draw out the lucky winner. Or perhaps you could put two or a trio of dog faces on the coin to satisfy many?

I also think it would be nice if the individuals who purchased the first coins were emailed prior to going on sale so they have 1st opportunity to add to their series.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the coin, it is very nice and I am sure the next one(s) shall be.

:ph34r:

Being impartial, as I haven't even seen your 1st coin...

1. I think it's a better idea to have it annually with a new date (as previously suggested) on each coin. (or biannually as the market dictates)

2. I don't think you should take nominations on breeds because of the vast amount of personal preferences there are out there, and we really don't want to forget any of our doggie friends just cause they are not as popular, nor an old breed. That 'drawing from a hat thing sounds fair', however it may be wise to incorporate every breed you can think of, not just the popular ones, and mixes too.

3. Since there are so many breeds (I don't know how long you will continue the series) the idea to put more than one on a coin should be considered.

4. I don't think any breed should be shown twice (thats just unfair!) unless you do something like a special commemorative one to remember some incident from the year. (In which the animal will be named)

By the way, what DOES #1 look like? And, are anymore available to buy?

What I can say right now is that the 2nd Edition will be a Golden Retriever.

We put all the dogs that seemed applicable in a hat and drew one out.

I really like this one since a 'retriever' is so fitting.

Stay tuned.

Oh, and the best picture is one that somebody on eBay took.

Search there and you'll find a great pic.

Hi!

Ok Here's my take. Yes, I want a second in the series. No, I don't care which breed is on it.

I personally go everywhere with my dog, and he's most likely one of the best companions in my life - Geocaching or not. I got him from Pet Samaritan (a no kill animal shelter) which is a part of Best Friends (they did alot of animal rescues in the disaster areas).

I know I would be willing to buy more of this coin (and thusly maybe you'll consider raising the # in the edition) if you could figure out a way to maybe have the price be a couple bucks higher and part of it go to support one of the many animal shelters out there. After all, what are we as geocacher hobbyists with our dogs if we can't have a home for all the others out there?

Just my thoughts from the edge.

~Rose

Any idea of when it will be offered?

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Minters are VERY busy right now - this forum alone reflects that! :anitongue:

Based on feedback we decided on a bi-annual coin so as not to do too many. We wanted to get the 2nd edition out before the year's end so that nothe V1 and V2 are dated 2005 and it stays at 2 per year.

Raising the price for teh extra $$ to go to a shelter. Interesting idea; it worked with the Katrina coin but not sure on this one.......<thinking>.

Appreciate all the interest and glad to know that there are so many out there that cache with (or just apprecaite and love) thier 'buddies'.

Based on feedback we decided on a bi-annual coin so as not to do too many.

Raising the price for teh extra $$ to go to a shelter. Interesting idea; it worked with the Katrina coin but not sure on this one.......<thinking>.

First, very cool that the next one will be a Goldie.

I think 2/year would be about right. More time to pin the design down.

I would not mind one bit if the extra price went to the Animal Shelters. I think that's a great idea!

I like the idea of a bi-annual coin and an extra dollar or two to go to shelters is a cool addition.

I also think there needs to be a CacheCatsCoin with something like this on it:

1) Dogs retrieve, Cats are brought.

2) I'll cache when you bring it to me.

3) Tell me about it when you get back. In 50 words or less and don't bore me. Bring me a treat.

4) ZZZZZzzzzzz

T1

For the record we have two cats. One actually does retrieve his mouse and allows me to throw it for him over and over again. He does it on his schedule though, not mine :D

I cache with my dogs and I like the idea of a canine coin and some of the proceeds used to support dog rescue groups since I'm involved in that on a personal level. Of course I think the next coing should be a Borzoi or at least a sighthound (i.e. Borzoi, Greyhound, Saluki, Afgan...)

zoisrus

3) Tell me about it when you get back. In 50 words or less and don't bore me. Bring me a treat.

4) ZZZZZzzzzzz

T1

:D:D:D

I vote for #3. Maybe one side could be a cat yawning. :D

I like the idea of a bi-annual coin and an extra dollar or two to go to shelters is a cool addition.

4) ZZZZZzzzzzz

T1

For the record we have two cats. One actually does retrieve his mouse and allows me to throw it for him over and over again. He does it on his schedule though, not mine :)

:o I vote for a cat coin too. All of the above would be great. We also have two cats. One will play hide and seek with us and she can sit on command. The other one would play fetch when she was little but not anymore. She's not real bright but she is sweet.

Also the canine cachers coin is an awesome idea. The second one is going to be beautiful. Can't wait to get it and the next two.

i missed out on the first edition and am bidding on two now on ebay. i will buy any and all with a dog or cat. i find the animals ones are not like any others. i would gladly pay an extra couple of dollars for the proceeds to go to animal rescue or animal disaster rescue/response group.

in reply to what do dogs have to do with geocaching i think canine cacher says it all. i don't care what breed is on it, but do like the mutt idea also. it was wonderful to see the shepherd on the coin, i have one of those.. a black shepherd named bella.

i was looking for coins on ebay and when i saw the canine cacher coin i went straight to it, it was unique and reflected my love of animals.

if you are going to do another one i want four..i vote for at least annually and hopefully biannually.

debra

Love to have a Shetland on a coin and a Chow!!

Shetland Pony? :D We want one too!

The Shetland Sheepdog, alias Sheltie, originated in the Shetland Islands as a small herding dog.

We would also love a Shetland Pony too though!

I have 2 Shelties myself. A tri factor and a blue merle.

Love to have a Shetland on a coin and a Chow!!

Shetland Pony? :D We want one too!

The Shetland Sheepdog, alias Sheltie, originated in the Shetland Islands as a small herding dog.

We would also love a Shetland Pony too though!

I have 2 Shelties myself. A tri factor and a blue merle.

We also have a sheltie (tri), my parents have one (blue merle), and have had two previously. We'd love to see one on a coin!

-Krauss-McClurg