Renaming Caches

adambro

Hi there,

I'm likely to be adopting a new cache in the near future and wondered whether it would be okay to change the name. It looks like the current name might become invalid and I'd also like people to consider it as a fresh start. This would leave it with the same waypoint meaning past visitors wouldn't be able to log it again.

Anyone got any suggestions about this? I could archieve the current cache then submit it for approval again and get a new waypoint but anyone who has found it before might choose not to find it again even with a new name or new name and waypoint.

adambro

I treat my adopted cache as if I'm just minding it for the original owner, and on the cache listing I have filled it in like so:

Waterpark Walkabout by Pyoung1s (Adopted by Moote July 2005)

I have slightly changed the end part of the original cache page but that was only by a few feet so as to find a safer location as the original became muggled, but everything else is as was and will stay that way.

If the cache is changing significantly then get the other achieved and create a new on near by.

Milton (aka Moote)

We've just adopted Usk For Fun which was muggled back in June and vanished (almost) without trace. Several attempts were made to contact the original owner hello.gif without luck.

The original location was a merry mugglet play area so we intend to re-locate the cache to a hillside overlooking the original site, but we'll be changing the name to Once More, Usk For Fun.... or something similar, in acknowledgement of the original cache.

Mrs B

I've taken over a few caches, and made a few changes to the listings to reflect the change, whilst still honouring the original placer.

I've simply tacked something like "maintained by Belplasca" on the end of the "placer" line.

One of these just happened to be the first cache placed by "The Hornet", and coincidentally the log book was full. I've put a new book in the cache, and sent the old one to The Hornet as a souvenir.

But I scanned it first, and you can find it at www.Belplasca.org.uk...

Quite a few well known cachers have graced it's pages since March 2002!

Bob Aldridge

One of these just happened to be the first cache placed by "The Hornet", and coincidentally the log book was full. I've put a new book in the cache, and sent the old one to The Hornet as a souvenir.

...and it arrived over the weekend. Many thanks Bob, much appreciated. :)

Peter

No! Thank YOU!

It gives the phrase "Thanks for the cache" a whole new meaning!

[:)]

Bob

Edited by Belplasca