This Site Has Gone To The Dogs

cachew nut

"So did you get that link to geocaching.com that I sent you?" I asked over the phone.

"Yeah, but I don't own a dog" was the reply.

"Dog? What are you talking about?" I ask with a puzzled look on my face. Actually I couldn't see my own face, but the way I contorted it, I'll bet it looked puzzled.

"I thought it was a pet supply store ad"

"Why would you think that?"

"Well, I tried to find out about that game you mentioned, but that page just has a pictures of dogs and calendars of frogs, a link to some SUV ad, but no game info, just pets."

"Send me a capture of your screen, I don't see any dogs on mine"

"OK"

108ad080-fc85-4515-9141-b04de68ff1bb.jpg

"Oh , OK, now I see why you were confused. Try hitting refresh"

"OK. Now there are more dogs"

"More dogs? Let me see."

"OK"

d239d8c0-6ca2-4b55-9c4c-bec665b62d09.jpg

"That's crazy. Try hitting refresh again."

"OK"

9c34eda4-e8df-475b-9e3b-714f577e5c95.jpg

"Man that is one crazy set of coincidences. Please hit refresh one last time."

"OK. Ah, I see now. It's a front for one of those flowers by mail places"

"???????"

24f2426b-f8c6-4a88-a43c-8a0e4db60e84.jpg

Heh. This was planned because people were complaining that we didn't show enough dogs. This was reducing the number of dogs that were geocachers and it was underrepresentative of the dog public. We hope that with affirmitive action that the dogs will come back to using geocaching.com.

Heh. This was planned because people were complaining that we didn't show enough dogs. This was reducing the number of dogs that were geocachers and it was underrepresentative of the dog public. We hope that with affirmitive action that the dogs will come back to using geocaching.com.

But Initiative 200 made affirimative action illegal in Washington :) That is... unless you are receiving federal funds :o

But Initiative 200 made affirimative action illegal in Washington :o That is... unless you are receiving federal funds :)

The Department of Defense has graciously allowed gc.com free access to it's navigational location satellites. Does that count as federal funds? :)

My dog sucks at geocaching, but boy, in everything else, she is the best g-d dog ever. Right now, she's monitoring the homebrew sparge and listening to the "History of the Blues". Is that a great dog, or what? We should have more pictures of cool golden retrievers on the home page!

Jasmin and TB Bailey the travel pup

c5a73c67-cec9-4fec-86d0-ec52c04b8455.jpg

dadgum Cool Dog

My wife's cat won't even try geocaching (honest., I've tried to get IT to geocache in far away states, but it keeps coming back) and doesn't give a gol-durn about beer, blues, Robert, Jimi or Etta. Cats suck. My wife's cat sucks more than most cats could ever dream of sucking. No cat pictures, please.

I'm complaining that you don't show ANY kilted cachers!

What's up with that?

It's not likely that this site is going to the dogs, even though Jeremy admits to mollycoddling canine cavaliers. You see, dogs don't use computers:

The Top 20 Reasons

Dogs Do Not Use Computers

...Courtesy of www.TopFive.com

20. Can't stick their heads out of Windows '95.

19. Fetch command not available on all platforms.

18. Hard to read the monitor with your head cocked to one side.

17. Too difficult to "mark" every website they visit.

16. Can't help attacking the screen when they hear "You've Got Mail."

15. Fire hydrant icon is very frustrating.

14. Involuntary tail wagging is dead giveaway they're browsing www . pethouse.com instead of working.

13. Keep bruising noses trying to catch that MPEG Frisbee.

12. Not at all fooled by Chuckwagon Screen Saver.

11. Still trying to come up with an "emoticon" that signifies tail-wagging.

10. Oh, but they WILL... with the introduction of the Microsoft Opposable Thumb.

9. Three words: Carpal Paw Syndrome.

8. 'Cause dogs ain't GEEKS! Now, cats, on the other hand...

7. Barking in next cube keeps activating YOUR voice recognition software.

6. SmellU-SmellMe still in beta test.

5. SIT and STAY were hard enough, GREP and AWK are out of the question!

4. Saliva-coated mouse gets mighty difficult to maneuver.

3. Annoyed by lack of newsgroup, alt.pictures.master's.leg.

2. Butt-sniffing more direct and less deceiving than online chat rooms.

and the Number 1 Reason Dogs Do Not Use Computers...

1. TrO{gO DsA[M,bN HyAqR4tDc TgrOo TgYPmE WeIjTyH P;AzWqS,.* :o:)

I'm complaining that you don't show ANY kilted cachers!

What's up with that?

I too, am complaining.

Check out GeoLuau II for the pictures.

It's not likely that this site is going to the dogs, even though Jeremy admits to mollycoddling canine cavaliers. You see, dogs don't use computers:

Sure we can. Piece of cake.

Mmmmm... cake. I wish mtn-man would give me cake.

Fire hydrants are neat too really. I kept nipping at mtn-man until he created a Waymarking category just for me. I need to know where fire hydrants are, after all. I need to give them all my personal seal of approval.

http://www.Waymarking.com/cat/details.aspx...01-ae2a434f0d4e

Be safe, and don't take any wooden milkbones. Thanks Jeremy. mtn-man told me to watch out about meeting girls online, but it is nice to check out pics of the puppy chicks on the main page. We need more pictures of girl dogs on the main page.

Woof! :)

My belief is that Bulli the wonder dog is the highest ranking canine geocacher.

Bulli!

Nice to see another Premium Member Puppy! :mad::D:mad:

I though I might be the only one. :D

Wee Willie is another up in the DFW area.

And then there's my little buddy Cujo.

fd3d34f1-6e2a-44c6-9e36-897dec1f6f7b.jpg

There's also Cujo's new brother, Winston.

64f4735a-843a-4276-9302-2fed0b3741fa.jpg

Oh and Cujo's litter mate, Micro Chip.

Micro Chip on TV, in a geocaching story, on New 8 Austin. Click the video link for a decent story about GC. One really cool cache container can be seen as well.

Edited by Snoogans
Yet another premium cache dog, well known as the quickest and most ruthless in the south can be found here, http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=98...a1-ab55392fb793. Loves to chat the babes while spotting caches from afar, but certainly not afraid to head into the woods and get the job done. Call for a good time. :mad:

DUDE! How could I forget?!

I've been caching with Blanco. He REALLY does find caches on his own. I had heard, but seeing was believing.

There's a story for Today's Cacher if there ever was one.

Just to add a little angst to this post (Doesn't every post need some?) ... I feel the dog banner photos are discriminitory and not representative of the dog caching public. The bulk of the dogs in the banners posted above appear to be of the same breed with only one "token" dog of another breed.

As an example, the Rat Terrier is a very intelligent dog and an excellent cacheing companion. Ours is alwasy on the alert for cache containers, or places to poop - as the case may be, and tolerant of both cacheing kids and kittens as evidenced by the photo below.

2005_07_070018.jpg

"Where is the diversity?" I cry.

:):)

(Coming back on topic...)

I have seen some other breeds. One of my favorite ones was a small dog standing on some rocks on top of a mountain. The shot was taken from down low, so the dog looked like the majestic beast that had taken the mountain! It was a great photo and the pose from the dog was priceless. I'll hit the site some and see if it pops up.

My dog is a medium dog, so they do get on there from time to time. You just have to take some pictures of your dog while caching and post them to some cache pages and maybe you will get lucky. I have not done that during the summer either, so he has not been on the front rotation. He and I need to go find some caches.