Quiggle?

El Diablo

Quiggle is a new Mod that so far has done a great job. He/she has been very even handed and has moderated in a very neutural manner. He/she kind of reminds me of Hydee.

So I'm wondering if Quiggle is a male or a female? I'm betting a female. Your thoughts?

Either way....nice to have you Quiggle!

El Diablo

Quiggles is one tough cookie. I've never had my warn meter spiked until Quiggles got ahold of me. Now I have to watch it ... Like Ringbone used to say, "I've never met a mod I didn't like." :)

Okay, so I've heard mention of the warn meter several times....can anyone elaborate? That something like the 'warn' function on AIM?

There used to be warning meters. B) I think everyone could see everyone elses, or maybe you could just see your own. :D Now no one can see them, except for moderators (or so they tell us). B) Then again it could be a ruse to keep us all in line and make it easier for 'The Man' to keep 'The List' in order. :) I did hear mention once tho, that 'spiking your own meter' could be fun. :o Not as much fun as when you quiggle a chomby tho. :)

Edited by Corp Of Discovery
From the Urban Dictionary:

quiggle: Anything that is inflated, like a persons head or a tire.

Hmmm ... I can think of any number of moderators (except mtn-man) who would fit that description ... including one who doesn't appear to cache ... ever.

Each active member of the Groundspeak Forums Volunteer Moderator Team is also an active geocacher, with find counts in the hundreds or thousands. Many volunteers choose to use separate accounts for their volunteer work, in order to distinguish that activity from their geocaching fun. Those separate accounts, such as mine or Quiggle's, will not show any significant geocaching activity.

Let's keep this thread positive and free from gratuitous swipes against our newest moderator, or any other moderator. Thanks.

Edited by Keystone

By the way, I think ***edited to remove my guess because I didn't ask first*** is Quiggle. An alter-ego may not be necessary in ***edited to remove information that might allow you to guess who I thought it was and since I didn't ask, I thought I should remove it*** but might helpful in the general forums.

Just my guess.

Edited to remove my guess because, although you may not know it, I didn't ask permission. :mad:

Edited by Trinity's Crew

GrizzlyJohn, it was *very* nice of you to ask first. Thank you!

Quiggle is using what we call an "anonymous reviewer account." Guesses about his or her true identity -- whether correct or incorrect -- are a source of angst. We know that speculation goes on, but would be most appreciative if that could be confined to private conversations.

Also, note that Maryland is adjacent to West Virginia and Pennsylvania. :mad:

Quiggle = The Leprechauns

Almost at exactly the same time as quiggle mad his appearnace, Leprechauns stepped down as an OT mod so he could become a moderator and cache approver.

:mad: WH you are so off!

All this deductive reasoning that is going on, yet no one can logically figure this one out....or can they?

Would it actually be OK to take a real guess at this?

If the actual identity of the perosn is guessed would they get a mad about it?

I have an idea but I don't want to actually p.o. the person if I am right.

The original question was wether Quiggle was a male or female and basically to say welcome and thanks. I'm not interested in the real indentity of Quiggle.

El Diablo

The original question was wether Quiggle was a male or female and basically to say welcome and thanks. I'm not interested in the real indentity of Quiggle.

El Diablo

What if Quiggles is neither male or female? Or what if Quiggles is both male and female? With a name like Quiggles you must consider all the variables ...

El Diablo

What if Quiggles is neither male or female? Or what if Quiggles is both male and female? With a name like Quiggles you must consider all the variables ...

Good question. Maybe Quiggle is like the Borg? An enity made up of the total collective minds of Groundspeak? :mad: Nah..Quiggle is female.

El Diablo

El Diablo

That explains why you speculated (in the subtitle) that Quiggle might be hydee. :D:mad:

Actually it wasn't intended as a speculation, but more as a compliment. Hydee is not a shy person and I doubt that she would ever use any other name than her own.

The bottom line is this thread isn't about speculating who Quiggle is.

El Diablo

El Diablo

That explains why you speculated (in the subtitle) that Quiggle might be hydee. :D:mad:

I don't think hydee a59b7312-0a98-408f-9a32-424341a673c1.jpg

looks anything like Quiggle cda95924-4397-4358-b0a6-92c881a92ca8.jpg